Men's Tennis: HC Peter Smith Resigns

Discussion in 'Other USC Sports' started by Canyon, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Men's Tennis: HC Peter Smith Resigns
    Canyon

Canyon Junior Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Anyone with inside information, please explain this shocking news? Article says Smith is pursing opportunities outside coaching? Make’s no sense. Sons, Riley is going into his senior year and youngest son Colter is entering as a freshman next year. This revelation is bizarre.

I’m dumbfounded and concerned with the men’s tennis program. HC Smith is simply the best college coach. Swan had better find a great replacement.

What’s going on with USC athletics and its coaching departures? It's a shit show...

2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jul 20, 2019
    USC does not pay and Swann does not show appreciation. This is a continuing refrain. Why was our wildly successful water polo coach padding his salary with the admissions scandal money? I suppose he could just be a cheater at heart but something tells me he thought USC owed him more.

Smith's departure in 2 weeks borders on a firing but letting him say he's leaving. Surprising really, that he wants to leave coaching. I believe it was Riley who reported the Boermeester issue to Coach Smith who then followed his professional obligation. Swann's incompetence continues to foment.

EDH Trojan likes this.
  3. MediaCapital

MediaCapital Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Question: Now that Coach Smith has left, is there a single current USC men’s or women’s coach who has won us a national championship? Smith-Gilbert won the women’s track title last year. Anyone else?

Who has left in the last two years?
    Vavic - multiple multiple titles, men’s and women’s water polo
    Collier - two titles, beach volleyball
    Smith - multiple titles men’s tennis
    Gaston - women’s golf
    Haley - women’s volleyball

Don’t think Gallien won with women’s tennis, did he?

4. MediaCapital

MediaCapital Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Also, Coach McAlpine won a women’s soccer national championship in 2016...

uscvball likes this.
  5. Canyon

Canyon Junior Member

Jul 22, 2019
    [QUOTE Smith's departure in 2 weeks borders on a firing but letting him say he's leaving. Surprising really, that he wants to leave coaching. I believe it was Riley who reported the Boermeester issue to Coach Smith who then followed his professional obligation. Swann's incompetence continues to foment.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, if that's the real reason for CPSmith leaving, then all I can say is USC athletics and administration is really messed up. Unbelievable... Where do you find another PSmith? CPSmith is a great tennis coach, he's a winner. I feel next year team is top 5 in the country, there's so much talent. I really hope the boys rally behind the new coach.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019