Mary Jane Problems???

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Trojanmack909, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Mary Jane Problems???
    Trojanmack909

Trojanmack909 Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Does USC have a marijuana use problem going on within the program?

Hearing concerns that there might be, and it’s something that even played a part in losing our best recruit. Which makes sense when you hear the reason said recruit left because of questions about the motivation of players within the program.

2. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Jan 29, 2019
    If so, and we holding our kids accountable for their own conditioning as we currently have no S&C coach. Let’s continue to preach discipline and accountability?
    Fight On!

Merlin4SC likes this.
  3. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Marijuana is not the problem. I live in Eugene where it's been legal a lot longer, doesn't seem to be affecting the Sucks. Get a clue buddy, you sound like a 90 year old man, next you're going to say that jerking off is going to make people go blinddd......sorry for the typo......I couldn't see my keyboard.

4. Trojanmack909

Trojanmack909 Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    It’s a problem if you’re a college football program and you have concerns that multiple players are using. It’s a problem when you lose the best recruit in your backyard because he got on campus and saw what his teammates were partaking in.

I thoroughly understand the use of marijuana in today society and to the rest of us it’s not a big deal and a normal part of life. But for student athletes who have to be drugged tested THAT’S A HUGE PROBLEM.

I definitely have a clue bruh, you should get one too.

5. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Jan 29, 2019
    The way our players played last season, I have no doubts there’s lots of smoking going on.

Remember when the WRs ran into each other? Hmm now we know why lol

If true, Helton cannot fixes this team until MJ is banned. This should be his priority and let’s hope someone has brought this to his attention.

gubo&palanka and RB4SC like this.
  6. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    So what about addressing the relevant part of my comment, the fact the it doesn't affect the Ducks? And, you do realize that there are ways to beat drug tests, even for marijuana. Do you think that Alabama and Clemson players are Marijuana free?

7. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    It’s a big deal to me when I see a family of four killed on their way to a drive in movie by a pothead who thought that driving after smoking weed was a “normal part of life”. To me, it is a big deal, as I have to deal with the aftermath.

8. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    No one is condoning use of anything while driving, not even the clueless guy that started the thread. We are just talking about recreational use in football programs. Thank you for what you do, I'm sure you have helped save some lives.

VM805 likes this.
  9. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    FIRE THE MF'er!!!!! right after signing day and bring in Urban if he can work with Harrell and he stays. Let Urban do whatever he needs to do after that - I hope he would be smart enough to keep Drevno at least a year, but I really don't care. It's time to be the heavy here and drop the freakin hammer already. hell even if Urban cleans house, we need to stop the crap show right now.

10. VM805

VM805 Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    So now the WLP's are blaming weed for USC's lack of focus? How long has weed been available and been around SoCal? It didn't seem to effect PC's teams last decade. Chip Kelly's Ducks were running laps around teams and weed was available in Oregon too. Bru McCoy left because he saw there wasn't any structure and no direction with this coaching staff. I highly doubt he left because he may have seen some of his teammates smoking blunts. Weed is available on any college campus in America. That's not news to anybody.

11. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Recall back in the day some Rose Bowl stars used pot in the dorm. But so did nonplayers.

12. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Our football players have been smoking weed for many, many years. It was certainly prevalent during the PC years.

ca4usc likes this.
  13. General Mayhem

General Mayhem Junior Member

Jan 30, 2019
    Appreciate your service, but your statement appears to be anecdotal. I can list just as many people who are regular users, that don't drive under marijuana, are professionals, have careers, family men, etc. from my personal experiences, but it would be anecdotal.

Also, what county do you serve...I would love to research/read this incident. Because if it was marijuana related, I'm assuming a news outlet would have been all over it. Or maybe you can post a link. Thanks DFM.

FTFO33 and VM805 like this.
  14. FTFO33

FTFO33 Junior Member

Jan 30, 2019
    This post has made me interested if there’s a correlation between those who call it Mary Jane and the want for an I-Formation style offense.

15. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Jan 30, 2019
    I know about 30 guys who work for SCE, both in the admin and in the field and they all smoke pot like chimneys.

16. Troy21511

Troy21511 Junior Member

Jan 30, 2019
    Electric Chimneys?

redeye likes this.
  17. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Jan 30, 2019
    I love our society's logic:

Marijuana that is cultivated and treated to be exponentially stronger than what the hippies used and fundamentally alters your brain chemistry for the worse = legal and easily available.

Meanwhile vaping is a dangerous gateway drug that must be tightly regulated so as to reduce access to minors because it tastes good while hooking them on nicotine.

wes4usc and zitorocks like this.
  18. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Jan 30, 2019
    My son lived in a dorm building with at least 30 players from a successful program, which I won't name. They all smoked consistently and every coach knew it. Don't ask, don't tell. Surprised an old dinosaur like me, but...

Rodgarnay51 and travyav like this.
  19. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jan 30, 2019
    I tend to think that marijuana use is no different at USC than it is at any other program. Availability is never an issue because there's always somebody to get it no matter where you are. But to think it had no effect on the Pete Carroll era teams is a mistake. It very much affected Joe McKnight.

Those alleged headaches that he suffered from and caused him to miss so many practices were mostly a result of his pot-smoking not headaches. Not only did it affect his productivity but Pete Carroll continued to play him despite his lack of commitment to practice and in turn that affected the other players. It's part of what caused the inner turmoil and eventually why Pete lost control of the team.

I don't think anybody but Bru knows exactly why he decided not to come to USC. But there are some athletes out there who really are not interested in being around that type of environment. If he thinks he will find something different in Texas well that will be his lesson to learn.