Lynn Swann resigns as USC athletic director

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Sep 9, 2019.

1. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    I think the biggest thing to note about those championship is that the majority came before scholarship limits. In the last 10 years there have been 11 men's championships but in only 2 different sports, tennis and water polo. That doesn't exactly put fear into the rest of the country. Last 10 years, the Women of Troy have 9 championships across 5 sports. When it comes to football, basketball, and baseball, we are in a massive dry spell.

Troy70 and gubo&palanka like this.
  2. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    lmao

3. Arhedge

Arhedge Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    Maybe not. But it's helped San Diego State.

Well, it helped them Saturday....

4. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    I hope she can find some color in her decision. Diversity needs to be preeminent now days and not “one-sided”

5. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    USC needs the best AD they can get. I don’t care what color, gender, etc. the person might be.

6. TrojanFireHorse12

Sep 10, 2019
    Exactly and I'm for diversity, but that's the last thing USC needs to worry about. Don't care if the next AD is a blue alien, they need to excel in all area's compared to the school's previous "AD's" and that should be an easy task. If the committee does their job.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    pb4sc, SC ForLife and DaFireMedic like this.
  7. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    Sheeeesh

8. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    So diversity, in your mind, is race only? No push for a female? A trans? Someone over 65? What traits specifically, should we eliminate before the search begins?

SouthbayTrojan91 likes this.
  9. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Sep 10, 2019
    I was trying to tell some people on a USC facebook fan page that Folt has potential but the responses were that she was old and a woman. Lol okayyyyy. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Folt critics were on their 3rd divorce.

TrojanFireHorse12 and uscvball like this.
  10. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    I am with vball....I want somebody good...do not care about race or which of the 58 genders the person might be. I gotta admit though, if it is some of the more unusual of those 58 genders, that person would start out on double secret probation with me.....that is jes me

SC ForLife and DJ4SC like this.
  11. TrojanFireHorse12

Sep 10, 2019
    6th with a few cases or just afraid of women

12. RealTrojan78

RealTrojan78 Active Member

Sep 10, 2019
    Those of us who went to school in the same era know he was a nice guy that was sharp but not the hardest worker. He got tapped to do a job for the university that was a lot more time consuming than he signed up for. He did it his way and relied on others. Good time for him to go. He served the university well. But he was not going to burn the candle at both ends to find all the problems and fix them.

13. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Sep 10, 2019
    They do but why is that relevant to me?

14. Fyton82

Fyton82 Points Member

Sep 10, 2019
    As long as he/she isn't a powder blue alien. Too bRuin-ish :)

TrojanFireHorse12 likes this.
  15. TrojanTenor1

TrojanTenor1 Junior Member

Sep 11, 2019
    In regards to Lynn Swann resigning today, Coach Helton is on notice, I think this quote says it all.

16. CoronaTrojanFan

CoronaTrojanFan Junior Member

Sep 11, 2019
    USC has for a long time been underachieving in all sports as compares to their crosstown neighbors and the other private school up in the bay area. And the luster on the football program has been pretty dim since the PC era except for the two good years provided by Sam's tenure at QB.

Could it be that new President Folt is one of those college leaders that sees the benefits that a strong athletics program provides to a university and will take the necessary steps to make USC great again in both academics and athletics?

Will be interesting to see over the next couple of years.

17. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 11, 2019

How about we throw all that feel good crap aside and find someone who is qualified based on performance?

PickSicx and DaFireMedic like this.
  18. The Lizard King

The Lizard King Junior Member

Sep 11, 2019
    It was my mistake. The insinuation was that you were a closeted bRuin. Veebs set the record straight that you are not.

Apologies.

DJ4SC likes this.
  19. FleetwoodMack

FleetwoodMack Junior Member

Sep 11, 2019
    USC Tabs New AD
    [​IMG]

Los Angeles (AP) - President Carol Folt acted quickly in naming a new Athletic Director to replace Lynn Swann. Grokk will take over the reins at Heritage Hall after an exhaustive search in which no earthly candidate could be found. The search committee turned their attention to the distant star Arcturus, home to what the committee came to learn has the most advanced alien race in the galaxy, to find a candidate who they feel will restore the university's storied yet tarnished athletic reputation. "Although he lacks the Division 1 experience we were hoping for, his superior mental acuity and galaxy wide rolodex will be a huge asset to our athletic department," replied President Folt. Grokk is believed to be the first inter-stellar being to head up a major university department.

20. PickSicx

PickSicx Junior Member

Sep 11, 2019
    Seriously? This is your priority?

"One-sided" --- what the hell does that even mean? I see two sides: competent and incompetent. Those "sides" are not determined by one's color, as our last three AD's can attest.

How about hiring the most competent person we can find? Hire someone who will bring excellence to the entire athletic enterprise.

And while I'm bashing your sloppy thinking and inane priorities, let it be said that 2 of our last 3 AD's were African American. This is the University that forever changed college athletics when we beat Alabama's all-white team with our racially integrated football team back in 1970. Sam Bam Cunningham and I both agree: hire the best person for the job "now days".