Looking back at USC's decommitments

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Jan 14, 2021.

2. OC2SC

OC2SC Junior Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Graham was the real headscratcher when it happened and turned out to be as painful as a loss as I anticipated back then particularly because of where he ended up. That was vintage Bradford "doing work"....what a frickin disaster he was. I also thought losing Hayes was going to be a big loss, and while he turned out to be serviceable, probably underperformed relative to his potential. Interesting about Lynch turning into a star, don't remember much about him.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  3. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Wow...overwhelming majority of our decommits since 2016 have been complete and utter failures. Looks like the two who could have contributed are Graham and Lynch (DT at Baylor). Other than that, we dodged a lot of bullets. I'll give kudos where they are due - I am sure the guys we signed instead of these players have turned out better for us. Of course I am leaving out the 2021 class...and some from the 2019 class whom have yet to make a significant impact - jury is still out on them.

BarNone and Wolfpack4SC like this.
  4. Tommy4732

Tommy4732 Points Member

Jan 14, 2021
    It just looks like college recruiting in general. We missed out on some good talent but also dodged some bullets.

CrownoftheValley and AMLTrojan like this.
  5. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Jan 14, 2021
    I remember frequently the scuttlebutt being was that we had encouraged a lot of those folks to go elsewhere because of one thing or another. Lately when it happens it seems it is just seen as proof that Helton sucks.

zitorocks likes this.
  6. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Jan 16, 2021
    Can you do a similar summary for portal transfers?