Local high school talent today at Trabuco Invitational

Discussion in 'Other USC Sports' started by uscvball, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Local high school talent today at Trabuco Invitational
    uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Mar 31, 2018
    This invitational has become one of the biggest and most well attended for elite talent in CA.

The current national #1 high jumper, Sean Lee, had 3 tries at 7'4" but won the event at 7'2", setting a new meet record. The women's current national #1 hurdler (and sprinter), Jada Hicks, won the event this morning and set a new meet record. Ventura's Carlos Aviles won the Shot with a 63'5.5" put and now holds the season-high for California.

Chris Moore of Oaks Christian and Jake Burns of Trabuco went 1 and 2 in the 100, putting up 2 of the fastest times at 10. 56 and 10.65, in CA so far this season.

As a point of interest, the long-standing meet record-holder in the men's 400 is none other than Bryshon Nellum who put up a 47.56 back in 2006.

Unfortunately, Sean Lee is set to become a bruin. After setting a new meet record in the 100 hurdles, Hicks was interviewed and asked about her college options. She named 3. I waited.....with high hopes to hear her mention USC. Sadly....Ohio St, UNLV, Oregon.

dbw021 likes this.

2. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Interesting group of schools there. What kind of time did she run?

3. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Mar 31, 2018
    14.18. And I had to scratch my head at that list. UNLV? Honestly I think that one was just a throw-away. She was very slow in listing them....almost like she didn't want to or wasn't planning to. Oregon came last but there was like a 20-second gap after she said UNLV.

Upland and Poly sprinters put on a clinic today.

Last night for the distance carnival, they ran 58 races starting at 3:30 and concluding at 10. Between last night and today, 83 schools and some 4,200 entries participated.

4. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

Apr 1, 2018
    UNLV was trying to make a move some years back. When Barbara Edmonson left SC she went to UNLV. Good way to get a program jump-started, but I don't know what happened from there.