Levi Jones was arrested for public intoxication on 7/8/2018

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by reaLchaZZZy, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Levi Jones was arrested for public intoxication on 7/8/2018
    reaLchaZZZy

reaLchaZZZy Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Per TOS Jones was arrested during to summer for being intoxicated in public.
    Was this ever reported anywhere before today?

First Bolden now Jones is off the team.
    We have a Senior in Isaiah Langley trying to pick a fight with JT after he he had a snap sail 5 feet over his head for touchback.

It looks like the kids are running wild because there are no leaders on the staff they respect.

*EDIT-Per TOS

It also appears that Jones got into a little trouble earlier in the year. An arrest record with the Pasadena Police Department matching Jones' name, age and birthday shows an arrest made early morning on July 8th for a misdemeanor crime with a bail of $250. A public information officer with the Pasadena Police Department confirmed the arrest, which took place at 5:16 a.m. in South Pasadena, and stated it was for public intoxication. Jones was released just before noon on the same day.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018

2. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Dayyum.....no control on this team.

That said, guess I would've been kicked off the golf team, the bowling team, the biology team, and the dental team. All in different years.

Trojan12, OC2SC, SCTradition1 and 4 others like this.
  3. jpq21

jpq21 Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    USC is a clown college

4. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Well, that’s a mighty big assumption. It couldn’t have anything to do with them not learning personal responsibility and basic life skills while growing up, could it?

They must be victims of their degenerate and out of control coaching staff who are setting the bad example, right? I think I saw Helton wearing a Slayer shirt and pounding a beer bong the other day.

Seriously, this is a big reason why so many college athletes screw up off the field, because so many are willing to grant them victimhood and not put the blame squarely on the individual where it belongs. It’s always somebody else’s fault.

5. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Humph...I guess this explains why he couldn't take the job from John Houston. Now it looks like Levi has gone bye bye for good. That's no way to win a starting spot. Ah well, at least this nightmare of a season is coming to an end. But not soon enough. F@#k

6. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    SON OF A BITCH!!!! He was one of our more promising LB's coming up and just needed more reps. I was really looking forward to seeing Levi and Bubba making some nice history here. How could FaithFamilyFootball be worse than CuttySark at this shit? Un-flipping-believable. I think this was about the last check mark in the pink slip box for HCCH.

Trojan12 likes this.
  7. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Isn't it funny when all the head coaches face the parents on commit day and say they will take care of them and treat them like they are sons.

Well, we got *some* felonious, drunk , sheit-talking blowhards as sons.

Ooops.

Trojan12 and SC93er like this.
  8. reaLchaZZZy

Nov 13, 2018
    This isn't about victimhood, it's about leadership.
    It's become obvious this Team has none.
    No accountability for Coaches or players on or off the field.
    Coaches like Calloway can suck until someone with a pay grade higher than Helton says they have to be fired, and players like Toa who can't do their job, can keep their starting positions because they are loved.

Trojan12, 909trojan and uscjrl98 like this.
  9. flyerz73

flyerz73 Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Baloney. You get the same problems with kids at the service academies.

10. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    I can agree somewhat about the on-field issues, but I don’t think they have anything to do with these player’s decisions to break the rules.

In this case, I think we are seeing the accountability for their off the field actions in these suspensions/dismissals. I do believe that many other HC’s overlook similar offenses (with the exception of Masina’s) so as to not lose a talented athlete. Helton isn’t willing to do that, but now must face questions as to why his team has 5 or 6 dismissals due to disciplinary action while those other teams do not.

In the end though, the player has to use good judgment and not throw his education and his potential NFL career away regardless of what they think of their coach. If they must have good leadership looking over their shoulder for the rest of their lives to avoid breaking the rules or even committing felonies, then they have much bigger problems than an HC that didn’t fire a poorly performing O-Line coach or bench a penalty prone CB.

Whatever caused these players to do what they did, especially something as serious as what Masina did, was there long before they got to USC and was not going to go away just by seeing his HC firing underperforming coaches or benching underperforming players.

SC200SC likes this.
  11. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    So what the fuck do you want the board to do about it?

We won't bench Daniels either when clearly he isn't ready.

There is a lot to complain about, but Helton's handling of discipline is not one of them. At another school, Jones infractions would be swept under the rug.

Rainman44 and J4SC75 like this.
  12. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Helton was hired to bring stability in the program. Why are we seeing the opposite?

Trojan12 and uscjrl98 like this.
  13. reaLchaZZZy

Nov 13, 2018
    Helton is weak .
    Players don't respect this staff .
    They've posted their feelings publicly on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Dismissing a player like Jones is a sign of failure of leadership. Jones was already on thin ice due to his earlier arrest and he didn't give a 2nd thought about having a girl up to his room pre game .

What do I want the BOT to do?
    Fire Helton.

Trojan12 likes this.
  14. KeenObserver

Nov 13, 2018
    I meant this board. Temper tantrums and crying to not change anything. If Levi Jones was at Clemson he would drink and bang chicks like every other college kid in America.

DARNELLJAX likes this.
  15. reaLchaZZZy

Nov 13, 2018
    Quit defending failure .
    We suck at so many levels and the buck stops with Helton .

Trojan12 and uscjrl98 like this.
  16. twenty twenty

twenty twenty Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    We have recruited some kids with serious mental issues. Joseph Lewis, Jack Jones, Bubba Bolden, now Levi.
    This isn't the first year of lousy behavior. Amon and Iman, self absorbed crap taunting behavior. That is not SC. Running off the field without congratulating the other team is another example of team spirit that has been going on for years. I don't need to look at the tape, it's all disgraceful.

Trojan12 likes this.
  17. KeenObserver

Nov 13, 2018
    I'm not defending shit. Of course he should go--so should the 15k threads bitching and moaning about it. Its not constructive, enjoyable or healthy.

18. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Guess I missed the rest of the story. Pretty sure he did not get kicked off the team because he got drunk... that would be about as lame as lame gets.

19. OCBeachTrojan

OCBeachTrojan Points Member

Nov 13, 2018
    Agree 100%. Very simple you win with “class” & you lose with “class”...on the field & in life!!! A true leader would enforce and demand this on & off the field!

Trojan12 likes this.