Let's please stop with the racist comments on Wanda Austin and Lynn Swann

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by TheUSCway, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Let's please stop with the racist comments on Wanda Austin and Lynn Swann
    TheUSCway

TheUSCway Active Member

Feb 26, 2019
    I'm sick and tired of seeing many of you post thinly veiled racist comments about Wanda Austin and Lynn Swann. Look, Wanda Austin is a strong black woman who is an exceptional no-nonsense leader. And, whether you like it or not, USC desperately needs a strong leader like her after years and years of scandalous/dirty behavior not only in the football program, but in the med school and all the other areas of the USC university. I have been frankly shocked and appalled with the steady stream of negative USC headlines and none of these can be attributed to Wanda Austin and Lynn Swann. I believe both Wanda and Lynn will be at USC for years and years to come and will be the foundation of a new era that emphasizes, as Swann put it, a clean program and university. So, from this point on, no more racist comments. And I don't want to see anyone respond with troll or ban to this message, because that is just a way to condone the racism. No form of racism will ever be acceptable. Thank you.

PacTrojan and OxyTrojan like this.

2. KBfan24

KBfan24 Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    While I agree with you that I don't want to see any of these comments, I haven't really seen any on the board.

3. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    I don't know if you're a troll or if you should be banned, but I think your post is ridiculous. There, was that racist, too?

4. jpq21

jpq21 Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    I have not seen one racist comment on this board since Swann was hired. He's been rightly criticized for his lack of experience, poor communication with fans and press, and bad decision making.

This is literally the first time I've seen the name "Wanda Austin". I don't know who that is. (I just saw on a thread farther down that she might be the next president, that's the second time I've seen her name)

TrojanRB, travyav and Trojan12 like this.
  5. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Guys if the whole board reports this guy he will be banned and his posts eradicated

TrojanRB, PickSicx, OC2SC and 5 others like this.
  6. TheUSCway

TheUSCway Active Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Is this one of the racists that OP was referring to who is now calling for the whistle-blower to be banned? Admins - can you look into this and maybe ban this person?

7. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Dude, I'm not about banning, but if you're seriously going to accuse the board of hating on Wanda and Swann because we're racist (not because they're incompetent and effing up our university), I'm more than happy to pick up a pitchfork and run your sorry ass out of here.

GLA4USC, RPBSC, PickSicx and 7 others like this.
  8. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    I'm in the minority I guess, but I don't have a huge problem with the way Lynn Swann has performed so far. The Helton thing at the end of last season perked me up though, I have to admit. So I'm watching him a bit closer after that.

Regarding Wanda, I'm not sure how someone that lets Michael Quick lead him or her around on a leash could be considered a strong leader. More like a puppet. Quick was most certainly around and embroiled in all the problems that the OP says Wanda was not a part of. If she wants to be a strong leader, maybe she should fire him next. If she did that, I might give her a positive check. But so far, she's been a colossal disappointment -- as has Rick Caruso.

9. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Feb 26, 2019
    You posted a pic of her and made a comment about not wanting to marry her? What’s up with that ?
    You stupid fuck, you just posted a pic of her and made commented “OH YES SO DELICIOUS”! You need to get off your meds.

Scroll down and you will see his comment:

https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-honestly-believe-wanda-austin-will-become-permanent-usc-president.58969/

Troy21511 likes this.
  10. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Typical leftist fool- cries racism when there is none. Austin is a politically correct tool, and that has nothing to do with color. As for Swann, I love his politics, but he is by all measures, a lousy A.D.
    Going ahead, troll-call me a racist!

11. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    3rd person much?

12. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Ennie has frequently called Lynn Swann an "uncle tom" Sounds racist to me!

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  13. contracostatrojan

contracostatrojan Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    To be honest, most of the things I have read about both Austin and Swann is that they have made one misstep after another, so far. It's like the Obama years, if you disagree with him or if you think he's a fool, you're a racist. Frankly, I'm tired of this constant narrative from the left that if you criticize or disagree with a minority, you're a racist. OP, give it a rest. Sorry if my comments belong on the MKJ board, but this is ridiculous IMO.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    PickSicx likes this.
  14. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    There is covert racism seen time and again, my friend. Open your eyes and close your mouth and you can see it too.

DARNELLJAX and ConquerorSC like this.
  15. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Just because Keen is saying we should all report USCway, I will defend the latter’s right to say whatever the F he wants on this blog even more.
    Who the F do you think you are to try to string everyone along and tell us what to do?? Go eat a sausage sandwich

uscjrl98, nvargas and TheUSCway like this.
  16. SCeeV03

SCeeV03 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Feb 26, 2019
    ummm aren't you the OP?

17. IETrojanFan

IETrojanFan Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Knee-jerk reaction much???

18. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Scott, I think you forgot to login to your other account before posting this. LOL

19. TheUSCway

TheUSCway Active Member

Feb 26, 2019
    spot on, couldn't agree more! who the heck does "keen" think he/she/they are?