Korey Foreman update

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by ErikMcKinney, Jun 8, 2020.

2. TheTrojanKnight

TheTrojanKnight Junior Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Fingers crossed

CP619 likes this.
  3. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jun 8, 2020
    That's my feeling right now. I think USC has to keep recruiting him the way they are now, and they have to win this year--not a national championship, but I don't know if they can lose five games and get him. It feels like if he's truly torn as he gets closer to a decision, staying close to home could be a thing that puts USC over the top.

4. Boselli

Boselli Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jun 8, 2020
    I am thinking that during the covid thing that plane rides are real minus for any recruit.
    He hooked up with Clemson long before travel became dangerous.

5. billsb1970

billsb1970 Junior Member

Jun 8, 2020
    So far this year has the most early commitments than the past two years combined due to travel restrictions by covid 19. They also predict 2021 class will also have the most decommitments than any one year. Let's hope we can hold our class together with Foreman and Raesjon Davis the cherries on top.

6. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Jun 8, 2020
    It is exciting to know that we have realistic shot at landing the #1 prospect in the nation.
    Hopefully we are able to show promise on the field to get Foreman to see how he would be used by watching Jackson and to see how the pieces of the puzzle would come together with him at USC.

I am going to lose my mind if Foreman were to end up at Oregon.
    I am getting tired of watching the #1 defensive player in the state end up going north.
    Thibodeaux and Flowe are monsters and SHOULD be at USC....

Kaptain Karl and AZTrojan38 like this.
  7. Georgetirebiter IV

Georgetirebiter IV Points Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Pete Carroll believed his first big turning point was getting Shaun Cody to drop ND for USC. It declared USC was viable again. Foreman could be a similar recruit.

8. usc1011

usc1011 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2020
    Unfortunately they are now moving in. USC still in the lead but the margin is narrowing. Its difficult to argue with a coach who tells you that he has the best young LBs and CBs in the country, really good safeties and you'll be playing opposite Thibo on the DE. Lets hope he wants a real education and hates rain.

mvpreed2 likes this.
  9. Ride Fly

Ride Fly Junior Member

Jun 9, 2020
    I’d argue Drake is every bit as good as Kayvon and Drake is Korey’s buddy. But at the end of the day, as others have said, it will all depend on the product on the field.

Rainman44 likes this.
  10. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2020
    DC has to shine & get Wins.

11. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2020
    Which is why I believe our product on the field at USC is going to go much further than being placed around other elite talent at Oregon.

I honestly believe that he wants to come to USC, BUT if we don't/can't follow through on the field and show promise, it won't matter that Bryant/Jackson are his boys, he is going to end up somewhere else and Oregon could honestly be that spot with Thibodeaux on one side, Foreman on the other, and Flowe in the middle.
    **** that makes me upset even imagining that because WE should be saying that here at USC!

I truly believe if we had Thibodeaux and Flowe here that Foreman would have already committed to USC and this recruitment would have been locked down awhile ago, even with a new defensive staff.
    That is too much talent, paired with the hometown pitch AND the ability to be a part of the resurgence USC on top of it to turn away from if you ask me.

12. usc1011

usc1011 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2020
    I agree

mvpreed2 likes this.
  13. BDRFTFO

BDRFTFO Member

Jun 11, 2020

IDK man, I don’t think Oregon is even a top-3 for him. I think it’s USC 80%, LSU 10%, Georgia 10%. I think he’s throwing smoke and showing he’ll take the process, but ultimately when (not if) we win 9+ games and the PAC-12, he’ll be here. We have the best recruiting and coaching staff in the PAC-12 and Donte/CC will reel him in just like Donte did with Flowe up north.

mvpreed2, Kaptain Karl, Jose and 2 others like this.