KK resigning to pursue NFL interviews??

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by NorCalTrojan_itul1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    I'll take either, but my hunch is the Urb wants a year off.

2. usc88

usc88 Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    It is also perhaps Clay's last chance at a major program to show what he can do.
    If he just at least tries to change the culture it will be a plus.
    The HC sets the tone and culture. So he has to accept that role and not make excuses anymore.
    1. Learn to game plan and make adjustments. Second half adjustments were zero at USC under Helton.
    2. Practice tackling and have more intense practices.
    3. Work on discipline. Minimize stupid penalties.
    4. Work on player development and get a new S&C approach.
    Learn to look at the whole system, not only one part of the system at a time. Look
    at the interactions.
    Learn to be a leader and learn to delegate. Learn to trust his coaches.
    It is about today, not tomorrow for Clay.

3. sadpanda

sadpanda Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    This usually takes a coach three years to establish and you think Helton can do it over one offseason? Cam Smith already alluded to these issues and Helton will definitely get push back from players on #3. Guys that have had 3 seasons under Helton and now Helton wants to play dad. I just don’t see it going over well with the players.

4. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jan 6, 2019
    Clay Helton did the exact same thing. Are you rooting for him to fail? Clay screwed over Arkansas St to come to USC. Clay stayed there 54 days. Does Clay have a black eye on his resume. http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=204890293

Troy70 likes this.
  5. ThorinHB

ThorinHB Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    KK announcement tomorrow

6. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Again, do you have a source? Anything?

7. VM805

VM805 Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    You have to realize most of these so called ''journalists'' have a disdain towards West Coast sports in particular California teams. Any news coming through the wire is going to automatically be twisted to make it seem like USC is in turmoil to give the storyline more juice (no pun intended). If Kingsbury wants to look elsewhere I say let him and when he fails in the NFL, which is highly likely, then USC will smell like roses coming out of the other end. There are other OC's out there. Are they likely to come to USC? Maybe so, maybe not. The real question is whether or not Clay Helton and Lynn Swann have the intestinal fortitude to cut ties with Kingsbury to find an offensive coordinator who would be more than appreciative and eager to build his coaching resume at USC.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    uscjrl98 likes this.
  8. DaFireMedic

Jan 6, 2019
    I agree, there are other OC’s out there, which is why I’m not getting carried away in all the “drama” being created. I’m pretty sure Swann had a list, and it wasn’t just Kingsbury on it.

USC has a lot to offer a good OC, and most good OC’s would love to come here I believe. It seems to be a perfect storm of circumstances to make this OC job extra attractive to a good OC looking to advance.

9. TrojanHorseshoe

TrojanHorseshoe Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    This guy really is nothing but a drama queen. He clearly undervalued himself coming out of TT.

Look, this is America. The man is free to do as he pleases. I just wish he would have had the prescience and sense of mind to at least wait until after the college and pro seasons ended to weigh his options. Now, if he decides to pack his bags, USC ends up with egg on its face.

Again, I get his predicament, but he at least knew that he was going to have options after leaving TT. Now all this drama because he didn’t know he was as highly thought of as he is.

Be that as it may, he is a public figure, and his every public move is analyzed under a microscope. Flat out, his actions over the course of the last week make him seem like a primadonna.

sctrojan2006 likes this.
  10. DaFireMedic

Jan 6, 2019
    Out of curiosity, what were Kingsbury’s actions over the course of last week that make him seem this way?

11. SCFTFO

SCFTFO Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Incompetent? Or just holding zero leverage? KK could demand whatever the f*** he wanted on his contract, other than an unreasonable cash compensation. USC would have had no choice but to agree.

If I was KK or his agent, I would have gunned for ZERO buyout given real NFL prospects on the horizon. If you dont like it, feel free to hire someone else.

Alfa1 and uscjrl98 like this.
  12. TrojanHorseshoe

TrojanHorseshoe Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    (1) Staying mum about his commitment to USC. (2) Leaking to the media that he’ll pay his own buyout to stick it to Lynn for blocking the Jets and Cardinals from interviewing him.

uscjrl98 likes this.
  13. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Actions or inactions? He hasn't done or said anything. Allowing this media circus to go on, without addressing it, is what leads me to feel like he is a primadonna.

uscjrl98 likes this.
  14. DaFireMedic

Jan 6, 2019
    This assumes that KK was our only choice, which is almost certainly not the case. USC made an offer and was only willing to wait till the end of that week before moving on to the next candidate. If KK wanted the job, he would have to accept or reject the offer . Holding out would have cost him the opportunity to come to USC, which he apparently preferred over the numerous other offers he had at the time.

15. DaFireMedic

Jan 6, 2019
    1. I’ll give you this one, he should speak up.
    2. Where did you read this one?

uscjrl98 and Trojan Man 30 like this.
  16. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Because he failed last year ?

17. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jan 6, 2019
    Touché

18. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Jan 6, 2019
    What I find amazing about this whole KK fiasco is that we are so obsessed with his offensive prowess, that we overlook Helton geting a free pass. Helton has been a QB Coach and Offensive Coordinator for probably over 15 -20 years. He once said he would like to run his offense like Stanford, domination of the run to establish the pass. Well he got the running backs, he just forgot about the OLine. He keeps preaching he is the son of an Oline coach, but he and Swann both got us excited about KK’s Air Raid offense, that is supposedly a finesse offense. Here is a head coach who came up on the offensive side of the ball and is depending upon his coordinator to establish the offensive identity. He has minimum value or input on the defensive side of the ball. Can someone point out what value he is bringing to the table as a head coach of a true BlueBlood program? Typically the head coach establishes the identity and you recruit and execute your plan accordingly, but everything seems ass backwards? I just am amazed that this KK fiasco has taken away the emphasis of our biggest problem!
    Fight On!

Alfa1, reaLchaZZZy and uscjrl98 like this.
  19. DaFireMedic

Jan 6, 2019
    What shall we do to take away Helton’s “free pass”?

Maybe we should start ridiculing him on this forum. I’m surprised that we haven’t already started doing that in nearly every thread, every day.

CCTrojans likes this.