KK resigning to pursue NFL interviews??

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by NorCalTrojan_itul1, Jan 5, 2019.

2. SeattleTrojan

SeattleTrojan Junior Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Drama much? There is not a single sentence in that article saying KK is doing that, or even thinking about it. It’s conjecture by a NFL journalist.

earlandnic, VM805, Merlin4SC and 7 others like this.
  3. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jan 5, 2019
    I wish the gossip news would just stop. This is getting ridiculous. Kingsbury is our OC until HE or USC say otherwise. Until then, I’m assuming that he still wants to be USC’s OC, as I’ve heard nothing to the contrary

jjg4sc and SCBIGTIME like this.
  4. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jan 5, 2019
    Quite the roller coaster ride with this whole thing. Many on the board thought the interview requests by the Jets and Cards were BS. Apparently those were at least fairly accurate. So I have no idea what to think. In fact I am just going to stop and wait for someone to confirm or deny these rumors.

5. BuTrojan

BuTrojan Junior Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Bottom line is he won’t be a HC in the nfl next year even if he gets interviews. At this point in his career he’s a terrible head coach

ca4usc likes this.
  6. NorCalTrojan_itul1

NorCalTrojan_itul1 Junior Member

Jan 5, 2019
    At this point, I’d prefer an up and coming OC who’s trying to make a name for himself, rather than a Hollywood lookalike, who’ll likely bail after a year for another job. He will make Helton look good enough to keep his job, just like Darnold did. So then we’re stuck with Gomer, and we lose our stud OC. There’s no way he sticks around unless he is offered the HC job, and that won’t happen unless we have another atrocious season. Everyone is getting all excited for a 1 year rental OC. Then what??

t1104payne, Merlin4SC and BlueBlood like this.
  7. SCisBack

SCisBack Junior Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Exactly!

But the article does add, “stay tuned as more information develops.” What a joke.

8. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Jan 5, 2019
    If Ford committed that means he’s staying

9. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Again, we as fans are looking at this through the SC spectacles. At the end of the day, KK needs to do what is best for him, not SC. He already saw a former employer fire him for what he felt where he gave his all. So why should there be employee loyalty even though a contract is in place?
    Second, for those that are waiting for some text or notification from KK, it isn’t coming because he does have an interest in at least hearing what others are offering.
    Employment has become a 2 way street. Just as there is no employee loyalty, there is no employer loyalty as well.
    The bottom line is that there is no vision or leadership for our football program at the moment. Everything is a patchwork of bandaids. Had we started at the top and replaced Helton, we could have brought in a coach with a vision and a plan of restoring this once prominent program. It might have taken a year, but with the talent we have here who knows?
    So let me ask many of you, what is the vision of our program besides competing for national championships? What is our identity and how are we going to get there? There is only pie in the sky crap, but no plan how to get there. So what are the contingency plans should KK leave? It all starts with the head coach as he sets the identity of the program and puts the plan of how it is to be executed. With Helton, he is going to let KK set the identity of the program? Big gamble especially if he opts out of his contract!
    We have world class professors in our business school that teach Organizational Management and Business Turnarounds, someone please help this administration and Swann. It is becoming an embarrassment to have an MBA from USC, when our own administration cannot figure it out! We teach it, but cannot apply it!
    Fight On!

10. big_pete

big_pete Points Member

Jan 5, 2019
    I sure hope this isn't true. A "low buyout" at this stage in his contract? Swann wouldn't be that incompetent, would he? I can see the buyout dropping after he finishes off a year (season) or two of service, but now, a month into his job? Come on, there's no way! Who knows though, maybe that was what the delay in officially announcing KK was all about (the two sides fighting over the terms of the buyout). After all, the signing and official announcement from Heritage Hall sure seemed to drag on. I sure hope Florio has this wrong because it would be a monumentally stupid administrative screw up on Lynn's part. One that would probably be the final nail in his AD coffin.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Merlin4SC, Troy70 and uscjrl98 like this.
  11. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Wouldn't be the first time.

uscjrl98 likes this.
  12. Sleepysx3

Sleepysx3 Points Member

Jan 5, 2019
    If KK leaves we may kill two birds with one stone. Grabbing the popcorn to watch this all unfold.

13. Oregon Trojan

Oregon Trojan Points Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Why can't CKK just end the drama by saying either he is all on with USC or he is interested in pursuing NFL possibilities. He is the only one who could ease recruits, team, and fans concerns. CKK step up and be a man.

14. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jan 5, 2019
    I call BS. USC's contracts are not publicly known. There's no way Florio the bullshitter would know about Kingsbury's buyout.

This is clickbait farce...

15. DaFireMedic

Jan 5, 2019
    That’s all fine, it’s an honest opinion. But all this jumping the gun since KK was first offered the job is getting tired.

We’ve had assumptions here about Kingsbury “playing” USC by not signing right away (found out he literally only wanted a couple of days to decide his future, seems more than reasonable) , then rumors of him interviewing with NFL teams (people ignored that the reports were only of some NFL teams interest, and nothing of any interest from KK, yet people assumed he is looking elsewhere), and now rumors of him possibly resigning to seek interviews, (an article of what KK “could” do, with nothing to indicate that KK has any interest at all in resigning his new job, or even interviewing elsewhere in the first place). Three lines of gossip with no evidence them whatsoever behind them.

Again, I’d suggest we wait until we have actual news (preferably from KK and/or USC) and resist the urge to jump to conclusions.

Ventura Trojan and Trojan Man 30 like this.
  16. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jan 5, 2019

His position is quite obvious to me......he’s got a sweet girl-next-door girlfriend waiting for him to return home, but the rich debutante whore keeps blowing kisses at him.

Yeah, the guy SHOULD BE dispelling rumors and working the lines for USC.....but he goes silent.

17. DaFireMedic

Jan 5, 2019
    If it keeps going the way it is, I suspect he will.

But quite frankly, we shouldn’t need him to say anything more. He already said he was all in on USC. When asked why he chose USC over the many other options that he had, he made it clear that he was excited to be coming here, working with Helton, working with USC’s talent, getting USC’s offense on track, and getting USC winning again. He said he wasnt really thinking about going to the NFL, although he could have.

Yes, this was in late December, before the NFL rumors started, but unless he was lying then (and I’ve seen no evidence or indication that he was), then he has already told us where he stands.

Any concerns that we have are based on articles that give no indication if KK has any intention of responding to requests for interviews, they only state interest from the outside toward him. It’s us that have run with these rumors and made assumptions instead of looking forward to next season and giving the guy a chance to show what he can do.

FTFO33 likes this.
  18. TrojanHorseshoe

TrojanHorseshoe Junior Member

Jan 5, 2019
    KK had an entire week to dispel rumors and stay committed to USC, but didn’t.

If KK leaves ‘SC, this will be a black eye on his resume, and I will root for him to fail wherever he goes. I cannot forgive such monumental disrespect to the Trojan family.

19. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Jan 5, 2019
    The never-ending KK drama means about 1% of the big picture to me. The other 99%? Who will be patrolling USC's sideline as HC in 2020.

uscjrl98 and Merlin4SC like this.