Kiffin interview from SI, lots of SC talk

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by GarryP, Dec 29, 2016.

2. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Kiffin's an arrogant prick. But there's some interesting bits here and there.

3. AllHailSC

AllHailSC Banned

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]/

4. ArchiTrojan

ArchiTrojan Junior Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Badmouthing the mother of his children like that?

What trash.

5. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Dec 29, 2016

I don't like Kiff, but what did he say bad? I only read that ''she was attractive' and he pays her ''34%''.

Hardly bulletin board stuff for the kids.

6. ATR32

ATR32 Junior Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Good luck, FAU. You're going to need it. What he said isn't necessarily bulletin board stuff. Yet it demonstrates that he is and will likely remain
    a douchebag.

7. Tusc2000

Tusc2000 Junior Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Let's see. His wife and family have left him, no decent college will hire him and he pays 52% in taxes (what idiot does THAT?).

Kiffin remains in complete denial about his bad decisions. Which means he will continue to make more of them. That he's destroyed his personal life and reputation seems lost on him. The guy's been handed everything: great jobs, gorgeous wife, nice kids, and he's pissed then all away.

People forget his success at USC and Alabama can be directly tied to the enormous level of talent he had at his disposal. He's a capable assistant when working for a brilliant head coach. On his own, he is an unmitigated failure.

To tell FAU that he plans to "stay a while" is utter nonsense. Just ask Tennessee about his longevity. He'll be out the door when the next big thing comes along. Anyone who knows Kiffin knows he is a born liar who comes marinated in alcohol and with the moral compass of a cockroach.

He'll be forever known for that Sun Bowl image of Kiffin standing away from everyone, guarded by a hoodie to hide his black eye. That is Kiffin. A drunk, a wimp, a failure and someone desperately trying to protect his vanity.

8. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

Dec 30, 2016
    I actually believe kiffin will prove to be a success and I will be rooting for him going forward.

I have mixed feelings for him as a head coach here. I think the sanctions obviously handicapped him. So in a sense I feel somewhat sorry for him

Then I think of his run in with KP and all the other shenanigans he pulled that were not sanction related and that sorrow quickly dissipates.

Ultimately when your players lose faith in you and don't like you it's time to move on.

9. exDTguy

exDTguy Junior Member

Dec 30, 2016
    I want to know how he pays 52% income tax living in a state (Florida) that has no state income tax. If that's the case, he needs a new tax preparer

10. exDTguy

exDTguy Junior Member

Dec 30, 2016
    I want to know how he pays 52% income tax living and working in a state (Florida) that has no state income tax. If that's true, he needs a new tax preparer.

11. TommyT

TommyT Junior Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Less kiffen, more song girls!

12. TailbackU

TailbackU Junior Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Kiffin remains the self absorbed ass he always was. He ain't changing. He also has no class disclosing the divorce terms. He also either has no brains or is a liar as Florida has no state tax so NO way he is paying what he claims. He is the master manipulator, the unrelenting player of mind games, a liar and petulant child who will never grow up. His only redeeming quality is he is now 3000 miles from University Park and at a glorified community college level where he belongs.

13. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Dec 31, 2016
    I recall at a meeting Layla worked the room talking with everyone like Pete used to do. She said he was hardly home because he was working so hard for SC. Lane forced himself to talk to a couple of people. He always seemed uncomfortable in group talks.

14. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Dec 31, 2016
    I want to look away. I try to look away. But it's like trying to pass a terrible car crash on the highway without sneaking a peek at the carnage. Here we are, still commenting and obsessing over Kiffin. How about we call it a day and close this tired old chapter?

My New Year's resolution is to ignore any and all Lane Kiffin threads. If I break that resolution then please feel free to kick me in the culo with a cowboy shitkicker boot. Feel free to take a running start!

15. Conquest4ever1981

Conquest4ever1981 Junior Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Why the hell do we have threads shadowing this jerk? Its obvious Lame harbors ill will against USC. He was fired because he was incompetent as a head coach and this fact will be proven again next season as it has been time and time again.

16. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Perhaps it escaped your attention that this thread was started by Garry. You know, the site owner and publisher?

17. Conquest4ever1981

Conquest4ever1981 Junior Member

Dec 31, 2016
    And your point is? My question is legitimate. Did you read the comments which were primarily negative about Kiffin or did you simply select mine because you have a problem with free exchange of opinions that conflict with your own?