Kedon Slovis = Heisman Trophy Winner

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by tenku, Sep 1, 2019.

1. cutlerdaddy

cutlerdaddy Junior Member

Sep 4, 2019
    How do you know that Sears would be ok being #2? Good chance he entered transfer portal no matter what if he didn't win the job. I thought JT proved the coaches right with his 1st half performance that he was best QB available. I'm optimistic that Slovis will be much better this week than coming in at halftime totally unexpectedly. Fight On!

2. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Sep 4, 2019
    This is an odd thread. How about... lets see how he does in the next few games before we make a judgment? I only saw one bad pass Saturday. It seems much more important to find out how is decision making is when under pressure.

DaFireMedic likes this.
  3. BeatND2019

BeatND2019 Points Member

Sep 4, 2019
    I hope that Slovis does not wear that stupid Dominator wrestling belt into the stadium. That thing is goofy and should now be considered jinxed. Kedon, please stay away from that prop if you are the least bit superstitious

TrojanHorse likes this.
  4. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Sep 4, 2019
    I don't know the story behind that thing, but I was very disappointed that a USC player would do something like that. Not a sign of quiet confidence and class.

5. 101Coast

101Coast Points Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Slovis will be alright. I liked what I saw as far as leadership and presence is concerned. He commands the offense and is a lot more vocal than JT. I like that in my QB. The other stuff comes with game experience and I think he has the skills and confidence to overcome whatever it may be as the game progresses and he gets a better feel for live college football.

I'm sure he'll have some misjudgements or misreads during games but I think if his head is not affected he'll do well. I'd still prefer Fink or Sears to be playing this early in the season because they have some game experience and played well. Slovis having played a whole half may very well be enough for him to understand college football.

TrojanHorse likes this.
  6. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Oh, you must have missed Kedon's declaration? Slovis said his confidence was down after he was not named the starter in fall camp. That is the opposite of "quiet confidence..." I'm not sure what to call that comment. Cocky? Brash? Super confident? Arrogant? Braggadocio? Hutzpa? I'm going to give Kedon the benefit of the doubt and say that's some ballsy type of moxie right there. Maybe, just maybe that's what the USC players need, for someone, anyone, to light a fire under their butts? I dunno, but it sure was refreshing to see the youngster grab the bull by the horns and declare his place on this team - is it team leader? We'll see if he can back it up with his play on the field. Kedon seems to a be a rah rah type of persuader with his teammates on the field. The old sports adage says that if you can back it up then it's not bragging. Perhaps that was something Muhammad Ali once said.

Fight On, Kedon! GO GET IT DONE!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  7. tenku

tenku Junior Member

Sep 7, 2019
    Yep! Lets go Kedon!