JT is Killing It

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by BlemBlam, Nov 21, 2020.

1. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Nov 22, 2020
    As will the Georgia forum as soon as he has one bad game...

USCAlumFightOn likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Nov 22, 2020
    It's going to take a lot more than just one bad game. He set some interesting records last night and performed in a way the current fan base has not seen before or isn't used to.

Right now.....they in luv.

FIGHTON! likes this.
  3. metrobank

metrobank Junior Member

Nov 22, 2020
    He likely has a better offensive line that won't get him killed. Drevno on the other hand, can't get our guys to actually run block or pass block. Good for JT.

4. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Nov 22, 2020
    He looked great but very immobile, I question how long he will last in the SEC

5. Torch901

Torch901 Points Member

Nov 22, 2020
    Georgia came remarkably close to winning an NC in 2018. They've had some very good football teams and some very good QBs recently.

6. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Nov 22, 2020
    Dawg fans are ripping Kirby on the 247 board.
    Maybe we beat Florida. Maybe we play Alabama better

FIGHTON! likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Nov 22, 2020
    -"The toughest thing was making a decision when JT wasn’t healthy. He got the best look (during practice) the off week before Kentucky."
    -"I noticed that JT's knee got better over time. He had that big knee brace on a lot. When he has a clean pocket he is at his best."
    -"The sample size we had on JT early was small. His mobility wasn't great in fall camp. We thought a mobile quarterback would help and that changed in the Arkansas game."
    -" JT’s mobility and decision making wasn’t great in the three scrimmages of the season. We thought Stetson did a good job from the Arkansas game until the halftime of the Alabama game. He played pretty good against Florida even without George."

I think the best thing Kirby said last night about JT...." Let’s make it about how well JT handled it in a world where guys don’t handle things well. He showed us: Hey I can do this thing."
    Bless your heart.
    And yet, nobody with JT's stats since 2013. They lost to Bama in the 2018 SECCCG and Fromm went 25–39, 301 yards, 3 TDs. If you are talking about the 2018 Natty for the 2017 season, they once again lost to Bama and Fromm went 16/32, 232 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT. Last year, in the SECCCG, Fromm seemed to have digressed even more going 20/42, 225 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT.

Without the run support situation like JT faced last night, I doubt any recent QB outside of Aaron Murray would have been as successful.

gothamtrojan likes this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Nov 22, 2020
    To be expected. He really wasn't ready IMO for Bama. He may or may not have been ready for Florida. I think Kirby underestimated him for sure but fans can also be narrow-minded and clueless when it comes to injury recovery. They see "cleared" and think the player is ready to hop on to the field. Not always the case. JT had 2 surgeries on that knee and according to Kirby the looks they gave him in scrimmages were not great.

They should also remember how it went for Tua after he begged Saban to go in against Miss St after an injury earlier in the game. "He was injured on third play of the ensuing drive; he left the game on an injury cart, unable to put any weight on his right leg. He also seemed to have suffered a facial injury."

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  9. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Nov 22, 2020
    Good for him! Fight on, JT!

Canyon likes this.