Jay Toia update

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by ErikMcKinney, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Jay Toia update
    ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Mar 20, 2020
    2021 defensive tackle commit Jay Toia recently released a top-8 list. Cal, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Oregon, UCLA, USC and Utah made the list.

Toia said he still considers himself a USC commit, so clearly this is a case of the word “commitment” meaning different things to different people. Obviously it’s not unheard of for committed players to still take visits and listen to other schools, so this will be another case of that.

2. billsb1970

billsb1970 Junior Member

Mar 20, 2020
    I don't understand this. He should remove commit in his recruiting profile and just list his top schools. He guys, I'm committed to my fiancé but here is a list of 8 pretty girls I'm also interested in.

3. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Only winning brings the big studs, Clay has to win

4. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Mar 20, 2020
    In the recruiting world now, the term "commitment" only means "reservation" nowadays.
    I think we need to be more stern with the word "commitment" and how we choose to work with that.
    I am not sure if we should tell prospects not to take visits if they are committed, but...actually that is what I think!

If you commit, then you locked in, and we will honor that.
    If you want to take visits, take your visits, and if USC is the place for you, if we have room for you then let it fly!

earlandnic likes this.
  5. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Mar 21, 2020
    "Committed " is the most misused word in college sports.

earlandnic likes this.
  6. ICEnEC

ICEnEC Points Member

Mar 21, 2020
    This probably isn’t the time to be middle of the road when it comes to SC. We added some Coaches who take their respective positions, and just as important, their roll in recruiting, very seriously. Kids who seem wishy-washy, may find their spots with us given away to other recruits. Be careful.