Jay Toia commits to UCLA

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Jun 8, 2021.

1. gubo&palanka

gubo&palanka Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jun 9, 2021
    You're too nice.

He's an asshat. Why didn't he just go to ucla in the first place.

Guess he wanted to play a harder schedule this year. LOL

2. Tamatoa916

Tamatoa916 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    Bohnerino....lmfao

3. CO4SC44

CO4SC44 Points Member

Jun 9, 2021
    College football is an absolute joke. This should, but won’t be investigated. Nobody but alumni and true SC fans want us to succeed. The nobody includes the SC leadership. Mediocrity “U”. That’s what we have become!!!

gubo&palanka and Hockey10 like this.
  4. Lucky

Lucky Points Member

Jun 9, 2021
    Nobody is investigating tampering because in this system everyone is doing it. I assume that the promise was that he will start.

5. Trojanproud1

Trojanproud1 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    Yes, screw him. Next man up........

6. TroyInception

TroyInception Points Member

Jun 9, 2021
    His lose. Next man up.

7. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    Look its either he hated the program and his experience or ugly tampered; perhaps both. Toia's explanation is pure bullshit. I think SC needs to request an investigation if anything to clear Toia and his family of malfeasance. Should something unethical happened against the rules then ugly needs to pay. If its another case of a high level recruit bailing on this coaching staff, well its a problem that has long been identified.

If we don't file a complaint--its because A) We are pussies and therefore every other program will see us as a mark or B) They don't want light shined on Helton and his staff vis a vis player discontent.

No matter what this is a bad look for us and Toia.

8. OxyTrojan

OxyTrojan Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    I hope he sucks. I hope he has lingering minor problems that prevent him from doing well in football. I wish him the best in academic and non-football career success and a healthy life after UCLA.

9. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    This thing has ucly stink all over it.. .Hard to believe they were not recruiting him to transfer before he "announced."

qqqqqqqman, Canyon and Cyrus like this.
  10. usc1011

usc1011 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    A D middle that has sub par talent and little depth.......a DL that will feature Jackson and Foreman on the outside......great weather, academics, campus, national exposure. Why does this not happen to other teams like us.......
    Oh!.........is he still here.
    In the service they used to tell me that everything that happened in my unit was my responsibility as commander......everything good or bad. Applying this formula.......Helton......here is bus fare. You're killing us man. If you had a last name ending in a vowel like mine....they would have ate you for lunch years ago.

gubo&palanka, AMLTrojan and Hockey10 like this.
  11. Canyon

Canyon Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    My take. Obviously, Toia did not want to play for the team. Let's move on.

Damage control. Coaches must find one or two replacements from the transfer portal fast. Load up on DL for the 2022 and 2023 class.

Next, file a complaint to PAC 12 and NCAA and demand an investigation because it looks and smell like tampering by Nansen and UCLA. Karma is a bitch and it will hit back hard and hurt UCLA...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  12. SC93er

SC93er Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    My take on Toia is no different than it was with MeSean Jackson, De'Anthony Thomas and others that choose not to become a Trojan great and instead go to conference opponents. I hope you're on the field and we stomp your team EVERY YEAR.

13. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    Will he flunk out now?

14. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    Not before he shares everything he learned about the USC plans with ucly......but of course ucly already knew.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  15. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    Chip Kelly pulled @ 180 on De Anthony Thomas @ the 11th hr. after he was committed to USC for a year.

Eddie VanderToes decommits from USC signs with ND then Decommits after signing his LOI signs with UCLA.
    Jay Toia transfers after signing with USC and going through workouts where he looks like he could be a starter.

Both DT's sign with UCLA and Nansen is right there both times?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    gubo&palanka likes this.
  16. Eeks2284

Eeks2284 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    Seems like Nansen promised Toia and his family a direct path to early playing time, something Coach So'oto wouldn't guarantee but wanted him to earn on his own. Historically, USC football like most successful programs is a meritocracy of competition, players can't rest on their recruiting rankings or recruiting promises to get snaps without 1st winning in practice. Every kid has to make their own decision, and it's probably for the best for USC to move on if Toia really didn't want to compete here. TBD if this was a good decision for Toia.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  17. Hockey10

Hockey10 Junior Member

Jun 9, 2021
    So many aspects here. First off its not oh well next man up. We don't have a next man. He was last qualified man up and he was a FR. As one poster said. We need to go to the portal and get two DT's and move on. As for tampering. It looks like a strong possibility and it definitely deserves looking into. We can't let schools think they can just come around poaching us or for players to quit on us so easily. Especially when it's in conference and they can share our plays with other coaching staffs. We have to make recruits realize what a commitment is. The NCAA has to re-look at the portal and make some changes.

gubo&palanka likes this.