Jaiden Woodbey commits to Ohio State

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by JohnnyCurren, Feb 6, 2017.

2. 6Troman3

6Troman3 Junior Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Who really cares. He may never see the field. He will probably end up at San Jose St or San Diego state down the road.

3. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Unless you are assuming this kid has out the field troubles, he is a sure-fire 4* recruit on almost every recruiting site and I believe he is high on our board as well.
    With a year left and a lot of game to be played on the field, how about we save some of these comments, because he could end up being a Trojan when the dust settles..

4. 6Troman3

6Troman3 Junior Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Mind your own business Good. You can't get anything down here dude.

5. DublinTrojan

DublinTrojan Junior Member

Feb 6, 2017
    We are stacked at S for the foreseeable future. I feel like there are bigger positions of need for next year, especially with limited spots available. We will really have to narrow down the offers IMO, and not get too carried away offering anyone and everyone. We can absolutely crush it again next year if we play it right.

6. spintojoe

spintojoe Junior Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Whether he is a player in a position of need or not, it sucks when a blue chipper from your back yard announces so early for another big-un program.

7. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Feb 6, 2017
    I posted in the other Woodbey thread that I would wonder why he would pick OSU, when they just signed SIX top DBs this '17 class.

Looking deeper, there are 5 top CBs....but only ONE true Safety. So NOT as deep a depth chart as I thought.

Regardless, the guy is just infatuated with OSU and....as of now....wants to go there.

OSU now has to hold on for a year.

Yes, not a position of need here....as of now.

8. Sfchop87

Sfchop87 Junior Member

Feb 6, 2017
    We need to stop allowing the top players from our backyard get away. Davis and now him to OSU. Don't get me wrong love the class we brought in but allowing the top players to get away leaves a tiny stain on an otherwise great class.

9. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Feb 7, 2017
    It's not going to be the offer that would be the problem.
    It's going to be who the staff would be willing to accept a commitment from.
    Right now, you see all five of our commits are ranked as 4* recruits.

I don't see this staff making the same mistake of allowing many 3* to commit to push them out in the long run.

10. Frisco

Frisco Junior Member

Feb 7, 2017
    No worries, it's a long time until NSD 2018.

11. trojanfan92

trojanfan92 Junior Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Long time until NSD. This is not a commitment more of a reservation for a spot if you really think about it. Also, I have heard chatter that he may not have the highest upside at safety. Heard the staff really likes his teammate Stephen Blaylock at that position among some other players.

12. General Mayhem

General Mayhem Junior Member

Feb 7, 2017
    1. Waaaayyy too early. 2. SC will still recruit him. Remember Hunter Echols, Marlon Tuipulotu were commited to other teams at this time last year. 3. There are 6 top 100 safeties between true freshmen and red-shirt sophomore on the current roster. 4. You win some you lose some. 5. The last two recruit classes have proven CCH can recruit and that he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

13. 323TROJANS

323TROJANS Junior Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Recruits take notice of on field success. We make noise in the playoffs and no way most highly rated kids leave our back yard (if we really want them).

14. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Feb 7, 2017
    No one has heard what the reasons are? He's from Bosco which really is our backyard...but that doesn't mean his parents aren't originally from Ohio or something.