It's official...

Discussion in 'Other USC Sports' started by trackdude, Jun 13, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

1. It's official...
    trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

Jun 13, 2018 at 10:58 AM
    Michael Noman has gone pro. Just waiting for Rai's announcement (I have no inside info on this, just assuming)
    LINK

2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

WeAreSC Member
    Jun 13, 2018 at 5:34 PM
    *sigh*

Well, I'm glad we put our stamp on Hayward. Those two will be tough to replace, if it's even possible.

Thanks to both of them for providing some of the best Trojan track moments in a very long time.

3. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:29 PM
    Right on both accounts, so glad we had them for awhile and will we ever have a combo like that again. I think we will, but maybe not that dominant.

Say, did you look at that database?

4. uscernie

uscernie Junior Member

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:47 PM
    Oh no!!!!!!!! While I am devastated as a life long high school/college/USC track fan, I understand the economy of today! Thank you sir for selecting our university!!!!

5. TrojanTrack

TrojanTrack New Member

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:31 AM
    Dear Track Dude,

First of all thank you for all your follow up and input this last season.It's hugely appreciated !

Just wanted to ask you for your take on recruiting for next season and available scholarships now that Michael Norman and Rai Benjamin have turned pro.Do you think,from what you hear,that Randall Cunningham and Eric Sloan will return from injury ? Any other newcomers' names being bandied about apart from the names already announced ? And any further recruiting stories you are hearing in the community ? I am assuming that Marquis Morris and Matt Katnick will be back.

Thank you for any comments you might have !

6. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

Jun 14, 2018 at 1:48 PM
    Thanks. Just to be clear, I'm not on campus so I don't have my finger on the pulse of the program, so to speak. I'm not included in any recruiting discussions so I got nothing. (Even if I did know anything, I wouldn't be allowed to broadcast it) Sometimes the Dyestat site gets some good scoops on recruits.

Yes, my understanding is Morris & Katnik are back. My guess is Randall is back as well. I just don't know if he would be offered a contract coming off a broken leg, my feeling is not, but we'll see. I don't know how Sloan's status will be evaluated, he was prone to injury way more than I expected. (The TJ can do that) We also have a couple of women (Jones, Smith) who can be impactful when healthy that I'd like to know more about.

National titles really center around a healthy squad. We go into this years meet with complete squads and I think the women blow it out and the men win. So much for conjecture.

dbw021 likes this.
  7. dbw021

dbw021 Junior Member

WeAreSC Member
    Jun 15, 2018 at 7:43 AM
    I wish both young men the best of luck and hope they have great success on the international track scene. It seems like yesterday I was watching Norman run a blazing 200 at MSAC relays.