It's been a trying season

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by priam7, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Chase

Chase Junior Member

Nov 14, 2018
    You have incredibly low standards for USC football. You are the PERFECT fan for this Administration. Celebration of mediocrity.

bobdrake likes this.
  2. Arhedge

Arhedge Junior Member

Nov 14, 2018
    If Clay stays? Didn’t you hear? His jaw is set! Set!

3. priam7

priam7 Junior Member

Nov 14, 2018
    I am looking to get back in the rankings..Into the Play offs and winning NC's.....Though this year was a set back, this coach actually did some things and had us moving in a positive direction. 1st since 2008 last year....If he can be replaced by someone better fine but that is not a given..... !

ConquerorSC likes this.
  4. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Call has a much worse offense than we do. They look a whole lot better coached than USC.
    USC did NOT look well coached when they were winning the Rose Bowl or the conference.....and now the deterioration is complete.

5. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Lane did more with less.

Trojan Man 30 likes this.
  6. Rainman44

Rainman44 Junior Member

Nov 14, 2018
    [QUOTE="heyrev, post:

I hate criticizing coaches. I've supported Clay more than just about anyone here but despite all the good he's done (yes, a lot), for whatever reason he is no longer seen by these players as their head coach and they no longer respond to their position coaches. Clay lost the fans and the media months ago. Obviously, he's now lost the one group a coach cannot lose. You can't fire the players (despite some who deserve it) and they cannot coach themselves, so what's left? It's actually self-evident enough that Clay should voluntarily step down. He probably won't because of his loyal nature so termination is imminent. There isn't any option left.[/QUOTE]

This pretty much sums up my sentiments as well.

If there is anything that I would add for @priam7: this isn't about hate. I don't hate, and I hope no one here hates Coach Clay Helton. If there is one thing we do know, it is that he's a good principled man who adds value as a football coach. I think 99% of us would argue that the Peter Principles applies in his case (he has been promoted beyond his skills sets). I respect t the man, and support him and hope his team wins. Going forward, we can see more clearly that he isn't in the right role, and USC needs to find a replacement for him.

Troianus Acies likes this.
  7. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Nov 14, 2018
    I can't believe what I am seeing in your posts. Have you watched this team play the last few years?Either you are incredibly stupid, have excessively low standards or a bruin troll.
    Helton isn't a bad coach- he is a horrible coach. We can't start healing until he is sent packing.I am praying for a press conference the day after we lose to Notre Dame and fall to 5-7

8. priam7

priam7 Junior Member

Nov 14, 2018
    I have watched the team achieve results it hasn't in years (2016-2017).....If you are telling me we did not then you must be just an un hinged hater ...I said this was a tough year and it may well cost Helton his job. I tried to point out reasons why the shit hit the fan but you are committed to a "Fire The Coach" focus which is evidence of dumb fan syndrome. No depth of thought going on on on your part nor does there seem to be an understanding of what makes teams work or not..... A "horrible" coach wold not have won in 2016 or 2017......Maybe you should be the next coach.......Let me see......You or Helton......You or Helton......I think you come up short unless you think making negative comments makes you "In The Know".......... If you were a real Trojan you would be rooting for this team to win out......But (sigh) you are what you are....!

Cyrus likes this.
  9. priam7

priam7 Junior Member

Nov 14, 2018

If there is anything that I would add for @priam7: this isn't about hate. I don't hate, and I hope no one here hates Coach Clay Helton. If there is one thing we do know, it is that he's a good principled man who adds value as a football coach. I think 99% of us would argue that the Peter Principles applies in his case (he has been promoted beyond his skills sets). I respect t the man, and support him and hope his team wins. Going forward, we can see more clearly that he isn't in the right role, and USC needs to find a replacement for him.[/QUOTE]
    It seems JT and Pittman have come out strong for their coach........We will see how that plays out.....!

10. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Im seeing a lot of cock and bull in this thread of posts.

11. CCTrojans

CCTrojans Junior Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Incredibly low? You're being unfair. Those two seasons were enjoyable to me after what had gone before. Winning the Rose Bowl and winning the conference are good seasons. It's OK to want Helton out and still acknowledge that we had a couple of decent seasons.

It's the trajectory that matters. We're going downhill. But there were a lot of fans who were happy at the end of 2016. 2017 ended poorly with the loss to the Buckeyes. 2018 has been a disaster.

RB4SC likes this.
  12. usc88

usc88 Junior Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Have to admit we had a lot of bad luck this year. Especially on defense
    Loss of two good safeties off the bat. Then another safety injury forcing CB moving there
    Loss of Gustin. Loss of Levi
    Lots of injuries
    Change of OL coach and OC
    Recruiting going downhill
    See Helton getting one more chance but if same thing happens changes will have to be made
    Don’t know why Swann gave an extension making changes hard

RB4SC likes this.
  13. RB4SC

RB4SC Points Member

Nov 15, 2018
    Man, I almost only want HCCH to stick around to see if your prediction pans out...
    • "...so many players will transfer..."
    • "...be dismissed..."
    • "...kicked out..."
    • "...held out..."
    • "...USC won't be able to field a football team."
    Ha Ha Ha Ha!
    Okay, really, if USC can survive the corruption of the NCAA and a poor leader as a coach (Lane Kiffin) all at the same time, USC will survive this as well...with our without HCCH.

But, your HYPERBOLE was fun to read!

Fight On, FOREVER, Fight On!
    RB4SC

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  14. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Nov 15, 2018

Praise the lord...The eyes of the followers are now fully open!

15. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Nov 15, 2018

If there is anything that I would add for @priam7: this isn't about hate. I don't hate, and I hope no one here hates Coach Clay Helton. If there is one thing we do know, it is that he's a good principled man who adds value as a football coach. I think 99% of us would argue that the Peter Principles applies in his case (he has been promoted beyond his skills sets). I respect t the man, and support him and hope his team wins. Going forward, we can see more clearly that he isn't in the right role, and USC needs to find a replacement for him.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post!

This sums it up for me........