Is JT our Ron Pawlus?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by KeenObserver, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Is JT our Ron Pawlus?
    KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Sorry to say the kid is not ready for prime time. No energy or on field presence, no connectivity with the center, struggles managing field position, wings too many hope and prayer deep balls. The two ints today were abysmal and I won’t mention the slide.

I rarely if ever criticize individual players and this is not entritly on him. It’s on Clay, too. And if JTs dad has him a three and out and then the NFL, he needs to seriously re think that plan.

Sears should start the ND game but of course he won’t, and we will be soundly beaten next week, I predict 3-4 ints next week, it will be ugly.

prescottbear, DJ4SC, bobdrake and 2 others like this.

2. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Nov 17, 2018
    I agree with you. He has not developed yet but Helton apparently has not recognized this. Today he threw 2 of the worst INTs I have seen by a USC QB in a while. He would have thrown 3 if the Bruin DB had not dropped it. Time to open up the competition for QB. JT is not doing it for me.

3. Tusc2000

Tusc2000 Junior Member

Nov 17, 2018
    I'd like to see JT coached by a top-notch OC. Carson Palmer's career rose from the dead after Norm Chow was hired.

bobdrake and travyav like this.
  4. 101Coast

101Coast Points Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Carson had an arm.

5. KeenObserver

Nov 17, 2018
    In lieu of that we need a guy with Sears energy and wheels. At this point JT has zero advantages over Sears. It used to be mastery of the playbook and touches on the deep ball. Well that’s not a sell for me anymore. Urban Meyer would bench, Saban would bench him and Brian Kelley would bench him.

DJ4SC, bobdrake, SCBIGTIME and 3 others like this.
  6. OrangeBill

OrangeBill Points Member

Nov 17, 2018
    I think the real danger is the idea that Daniels is locked in as the quarterback of the future irrespective of the results on the field. ALL Positions, and especially this one, should be open to competition. Efforts also need to be made to recruit the best h. s. quarterbacks every year. Entitlement be damned! The new coach (hopefully) should make a point of telling Daniels that he is not the starter and will have to earn the job. Look at Bama, Clemson, Georgia. These are championship contenders with serviceable, successful quarterbacks, but that fact did not prevent them from recruiting the best, opening it up to competition and then replacing them.

And Speaking of best players play, where was EA? Did he even get on the field?

bobdrake, gubo&palanka and TroyBill like this.
  7. Chase

Chase Junior Member

Nov 17, 2018
    This thread proves that SC fans absolutely deserve the Clay Heltons of the world as head coach.

Blaming a freshman quarterback for this fiasco. Disgusting.

8. KeenObserver

Nov 17, 2018
    Best arm I ever saw on the college level.

9. KeenObserver

Nov 17, 2018
    Um did I blame Daniels for this fiasco or am I making a point that he over his head and is a symptom of the much larger problem?

10. Usc_teeth

Usc_teeth Points Member

Nov 17, 2018
    But at least Chip isn't our coach. Who would want a coach who beats a team with 10 times the talent while starting a backup qb and a walk on RB transfer from UC Davis.

I remember this one time I was crowned by some individuals on this site for wanting Chip.

The joke is on USC while chip wins 7 next year, 10 the next year and competes for the playoffs every year after that.

A finesse coach that just curb stomped is for 300 yards rushing with a no name. Wish our talented coach understood football like that garbage coach chip Kelly.

Take a mental pic of this....ucla will be good next season, and elite thereafter under chip. That's how he works.

11. Usc_teeth

Usc_teeth Points Member

Nov 17, 2018
    I meant clowned, not crowned....spell correct on the phone. My apologies.

12. KeenObserver

Nov 17, 2018
    Chip is 3-8 you dumb mother fucker. He is not going to sniff the playoffs at UCLA. Chip is not the answer to our issues here and never would be.

VM805, DJ4SC, GoSC1 and 1 other person like this.
  13. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Did you watch this game and the last few games? I am not blaming JT. He needs time to develop. He showed he was not totally ready by the bad throws he made etc. Sure this is a team game but JT surely did not help his cause. I think they should after watching this team that JT was not living up to all of the hype. Just look at him versus Sam at the same point. Helton is too stubborn to change even if it was only temporary. If you expect the different outcome by doing the same shit over and over you are going to fail. I say open up competition.

DJ4SC, bobdrake and SCBIGTIME like this.
  14. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Nov 17, 2018
    lol Chip Kelly wins 7 wins in a weak PAC12 next year. Yeah that's impressive.

If you are talking about a coach doing with less, it's Herm Edwards. All of ASU's losses are by a touchdown or less and that's with 2/3 star talent.

If Kelly beating Helton is impressive, shouldn't Justin Wilcox be a great coach too? He beat SC on the road.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  15. BuTrojan

BuTrojan Junior Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Chips a great coach but UCLA doesn’t have the built in advantages Oregon had. Will be interesting to watch

16. Usc_teeth

Usc_teeth Points Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Exact idiot response I expected. Do you watch football? See how teams are heading in different directions? See how they competed with much more talented teams late in the season including crushing Cal on the road and beating USC? Remember Carroll going 6-7 his first year but made huge improvements? Yeahhh, I noticed that, ucla doing the same stuff.
    Elite coaches improve during the year. He's playing his offense with a statue qb and a walk on RB and embarrassed us. Wait 2 years. Like I said, 7 wins next year, nothing special, and 10 the next year. Are you retarded??? Or just act like it.
    He is a superior coach. He is the most accomplished coach in the conf. He has made a title game. Who else has? He has won multiple BCS bowls with teams he built. He has turned 3 star Qbs into heisman winners.
    He isn't a dummy like our coach.
    Wait until he gets his talent. He actually has a system that works. Helton never did. He relied on players that other coaches recruited. They are graduated, now helton is lost. How did you ever think this fool of a coach knew what he was doing??? The jokes was and is on you.

17. Usc_teeth

Usc_teeth Points Member

Nov 17, 2018
    H
    e has more advantages at ucla....it's called Southern California. Oregon is a hell hole with zero talent....and he still won by convincing kids to move to hell. How he has to convince him to move to the nicest area in the United States.

18. KeenObserver

Nov 17, 2018
    Don’t hijack my thread with your shoulder Chip Kelly bullshit. This is about JT Daniels.

19. woohit42

woohit42 Junior Member

Nov 17, 2018
    There's no way in hell I want chip Kelly. He's a hasbeen who rode the arm of Marcus Mariota. The college football world has caught up to him.

SCBIGTIME likes this.
  20. Usc_teeth

Usc_teeth Points Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Please tell me you guys aren't this stupid. He is in his first season with probably the least talented roster in the conf save Oregon state.

Wait until he has a qb in his system for more than a month or two.

You are the worst hypocrites ever. GIVE CLAY 3 YEARS TO PROVE HIMSELF with an elite team full of 4 and 5 stars.

Give chip 1 season with a team full of garbage that has never been coached but you expect him to be bowl bound immediately??? Doesn't work that way when your team sucks. They have 2, maybe 3 NFL caliber dudes on their team. Give him 2 years and the south will be his if we don't spend some money on a coach that can coach toughness