Is it realistic...?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Christian, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Is it realistic...?
    Christian

Christian Active Member

Sep 15, 2018
    to fire Helton this year, either mid season or end of year? Given his extension last year I’m guessing we would have to eat a significant chunk of money. Doesn’t seem like leadership is interested in investing in the football program based on the recent past. Even if Helton is somehow fired, is a big time coach even feasible given the price he’ll likely demand?

The Lizard King likes this.

2. The Lizard King

The Lizard King Junior Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Absolutely correct IMO.

3. JW2828

JW2828 Points Member

Sep 15, 2018
    USC Football brings in serious amount of money for the University - No Wins, No Donations.
    As usual, as sad as it is, MONEY talks and as soon as the game attendance starts to go down, I am sure University Admin has no choice but to address the problem. No way Helton could have been fired last year....he won enough games and won the Rose Bowl and Pac-12 and all that.... What will kill Helton are these high profile, nationally televised games. Other than the Rose Bowl he won because of Darnold, Helton always seems to suffer humiliating losses at these big national games. There is no way USC will tolerate having a coach who is only good for 8 or 9 wins per season, and get blown out at high profile games. Too much money is at stake for USC to just accept such mediocrity, and frankly ,that has been the hallmark of Helton's tenure as the Head Coach... He talks the talk and recruit 5 and 4 star players, but it is quite clear that the job at hand is simply too much for him to handle. Having scored only 3 points against Stanford, he actually had a smile on his face during post game presser.... .. If someone ideal is available in the market at the end of this season, I am sure Helton will be fired. I see the Utah's and Michigan State's of the world being consistently competitive with a bunch of 3 and 4 star players. USC has been the place where some of the best 5 star high school players come and learn how to be...average.... Our coaching staff just can't develop talent.

4. The Lizard King

The Lizard King Junior Member

Sep 15, 2018
    USC is 0-6 with Helton as HC vs Power-5 teams without Darnold as starting QB.

RosesAreCardinal likes this.
  5. BuTrojan

BuTrojan Junior Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Wait until ND embarrasses Helton in the coliseum in front of a throng of recruits. This will get uglier

RosesAreCardinal likes this.