In memory of Garry Paskwietz

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Jan 21, 2019.

1. wes4usc

wes4usc Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Garry Paskwietz:
    a true gentleman,
    a truly kind man,
    a true Trojan.
    You were truly loved and will truly be missed by all Trojans.

Rest in peace.....

and Fight on......

Ventura Trojan, metrobank and TroyBoy like this.
  2. Alfa1

Alfa1 Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    There’s not much I can say that hasn’t been expressed, Garry will always be remembered not just for this board, but because of who he was and how he conducted his life and his passion of USC.
    I’m always saddened with the passing of a man younger than myself, such a loss....such a loss.

3. SC200SC

SC200SC Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    So very sad about this...

My Garry story is an example of what kind of guy Garry truly was; We had a couple of WeAreSC "Outside the Fringe" BBQs at my house. If you knew Samsson you would understand how they got their name. Anyway, Paul (SCOldtimer) and John (Samsson) would appropriately hold court and share with folks gathered around from their unique perspectives.
    Now Garry could have quite easily taken center stage, but never did. He just sat back and enjoyed the day which I found very honoring to my home.
    Also, Garry was so pleased with Mrs SC200 for helping him with some technical difficulties at one recruiting dinner, that he often mentioned it even several years later. He was so endearing to folks.
    Point is, even with all the accolades, accomplishments, and recognition that Greg wrote about, Garry was forever the regular (nice) guy.
    Garry, I wish I had had a chance to say goodbye and thank you.
    Steve

4. Georgetirebiter IV

Georgetirebiter IV Points Member

Jan 21, 2019
    The 2006 trip to Arkansas was my first WeAreSC event. I had been posting for a couple of years by then, and reading without posting for a year before that. I recall meeting Blemblam and Sammson, as well as Garry, after the luncheon. I was Georgetirebiter and eventually Garry began calling me Tim. Hard to imagine I will never hear that machine gun delivery of Garry as he talks recruiting at a dinner function. He could speak so fast, yet clearly, he gave more information in a sentence than others in a half hour.

Greg, thanks for your words. I am sure it was the toughest article to write.

Garry, your family is huge, because of your efforts. May your immediate family find some solace in this blogging obituary. You will be missed. I am honored you called me a friend.

5. Beat the bRuins

Beat the bRuins Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Condolences to his immediate and extended USC family

6. jorgec55

jorgec55 Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Northwest Indiana's finest export to Southern California. Garry P was from Whiting Indiana. His parents relocated to California when he was about 5 years old. I got to know him when I became a member here. We had a few chats about the "region" and how blessed he was to not have escaped it but to also have attended the greatest university on the face of the earth. The world is a much sadder place without the support of one of our great USC Trojans. RIH Garry P.

SCBIGTIME and 901 Club like this.
  7. TrojanHoarse

TrojanHoarse Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    GarryP, thank you for all of your hard work my friend. You truly touched/entertained/informed countless many people. The epitome of fight on and class, heaven is richer today because of you.

Farewell GP

8. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    great idea!

9. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Garry was once a guest on my son's sports talk radio show. After,, Garry went out of his way to tell me some very kind.words about my son.... what a nice man, we will all miss him..

10. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Thank you for sharing this story, Steve.

SC200SC likes this.
  11. TrojanTim66

TrojanTim66 Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Being a USC fanatic and living in Central PA it was always hard to get any good info on the Trojans. Then I wandered across WeAreSC and finally I was able to get quality information. I’ve followed it in all it’s forms ever since.

GP was 52...same age as I am. That is way too young. Thanks to GP for all he gave me from all the way across the country and condolences to all affected.

Fight On!

12. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    You know how many guys get to build their careers around something they love? You know how many do it on their own, following their own plan and making it work? Damn few. Garry, man you did it! And it will live on now after you, even though you were taken away much too soon.

RIP, with sadness but also with real admiration because you made it work.

13. BehindSunset

BehindSunset Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    RIP to a true Trojan. I'm sorry for the pain his family his enduring right now, but hopeful that the chorus of support and love from the Trojan family will ease some of that pain.

14. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I never met Garry, but I got a feel for what type person he was from his writings.
    It's hard to digest why good people leave us so soon, but my faith in God tells me he has a bigger plan for each of us.

I hope Garry's family finds the strength asap to deal with such a loss. I just know he's in a better place.
    My deepest condolences to Gary's family. This one is tough to swallow.

RIP Garry

15. sc85sis

sc85sis Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    WeAreSC was where I first discovered Trojan message boards, recruiting news, etc. I wouldn't be half the fan I am now without having discovered the site.

When Pete was coaching at USC, I only managed to make it to a single practice in 2009. I spotted Garry and we got to chatting a bit. He made me feel welcomed there. He was approachable, friendly, easy to talk to--just a good guy.

This is a huge loss to the Trojan Family.

My best to all who have known and loved Garry, especially his own family and friends. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

16. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    After my first post he responded to me and welcomed me to the site. At the time, I didn’t think much of it. I can’t say that I have always conducted myself on this site in a way that would make Garry proud, but I will try to mimic his thoughtfulness and tolerance for all posters moving forward. Rip Garry. You will be missed.

ClovisTroy, SC200SC and SoCalN8tiv like this.
  17. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Jan 21, 2019
    A Trojan forever. Your hard work will not be forgotten! RIP
    Fight On!

18. in2nation

in2nation Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    What a tremendous loss. Rest In Peace Garry, you will be missed. Even though I never met you, I always thought I would. Funny how that works. People who never met you are shedding tears at your passing, and deservedly so. Your kindness, respect and decorum came through in everything you wrote.

I was always so struck by your class and professionalism: how you set the bar for your peers, and also for those of us who shared our viewpoints under your watchful chaperonage. You never published anything that wasn’t true, and never posted anything true unless it was the right time.

Condolences to the Paskwietz family and the WeAreSC staff. Garry’s memory will live on, in that I trust.

Fight on, Garry!

ClovisTroy and gubo&palanka like this.
  19. Tr0jan

Tr0jan Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    RIP Garry! You will be very missed