In memory of Garry Paskwietz

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Jan 21, 2019.

1. The Mayor of Leah

The Mayor of Leah Points Member

Jan 23, 2019
    It's amazing how one man's vision, passion and determination can touch the lives of those fortunate enough to be a part of it. In my 12 years of posting on WeAreSC, it became so much more than a message board for me. It became a daily part of my life. The friendships I made here sustained me through hard times and gave me joy through good times.

Home is where your heart is. Mine is here in the house that G-Diddy built.

Simple words can't express my deeper thoughts but I'm betting that they don't need saying anyway.

Thanks, G-Diddy.

You'll be missed but never forgotten.

2. eliminator207

eliminator207 Junior Member

Jan 23, 2019
    We will miss you GP. You were the soul of this board. Greg, Erik and others will Fight On, but you will be missed.

3. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Jan 23, 2019
    Sorry for your loss.

4. Tusc2000

Tusc2000 Junior Member

Jan 24, 2019
    I met Garry about 12-13 years ago at the Pasadena Hilton, during one of the Pete Carroll tours. Wound up sitting at his table. Such a nice guy, very friendly, very down to earth. So sad and so shocked to learn of his passing, Garry was WAY too young to leave us.

5. BvB09

BvB09 Junior Member

Jan 26, 2019
    Very sorry to hear this news.

6. Fyght4Cal

Fyght4Cal New Member

Jan 26, 2019
    Just dropped by to offer my condolences. Garry built a great community here, and was very kind to rival visitors, such as me. I am thankful to him for creating a space for us to meet as both opponents and friends. My prayers are with his family and friends, the WeAreSC.com community, and the Trojan Family. My God bless you all. Most of all, may God bless GarryP and grant him rest.

7. The Real LordMo

The Real LordMo Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Thank you! Garry P for all you have done for USC Football. I have read your board for years and it has kept me abreast of my favorite CFB team no matter where I resided.

You will be missed!

8. AJSCFAN

AJSCFAN Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Condolences to Garry's family. You will be missed.

9. trojaneen

trojaneen Member

Jan 31, 2019
    Garry Paskwietz was one of the first people who connected USC football with the internet. I started reading his website, wearesc, years ago, and got to know him at USC and Los Alamitos HS games. He broadcasted high school games, so I would see him in the Los Al press box, or on the sidelines at the Coliseum. He always had a smile on his face and somehow, he always remembered my name. Garry was the nicest guy, with a genuine spirit and upbeat attitude. USC and high school football have lost a great advocate. The world has lost a wonderful man. I’m glad I got to know you, GarryP.
    Fight On forever. ✌✌

BlueBlood likes this.
  10. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Sorry for your loss, zito. Glad you're back to posting when you can.

It's going to be so strange not having Garry around when the season starts. I wish I knew him personally, and I can only imagine how difficult a time this must be for those closest to him. So young too. Another Trojan taken from our Family much too soon.