In memory of Garry Paskwietz

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Jan 21, 2019.

1. ThorinHB

ThorinHB Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    What a big loss to the Trojan family. RIP Garry you will be missed !

2. 4acesusaf

4acesusaf Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Wow, such sad and shocking news. I never met Garry, but this website served as a way to stay connected to all things USC football no matter where I was in the world. Rest In Peace Garry.

metrobank likes this.
  3. FLIPtrojan

FLIPtrojan Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    RIP Garry. You will be missed. FIGHT ON in heaven.

metrobank and uscernie like this.
  4. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I was fortunate to meet Garry several times over the years. The first after a practice walking back to our cars. Other times at NorCal events. but the last time was most endearing. I ran into him in the parking lot of Levi Stadium before the 2017 CCG. We talked for a while then he needed to find someone and I have tried to remember who all day... it was someone I would recognize, so i helped him look. He welcomed me to join him into a few tail gate parties. He introduced me to his friends including former QB John Mazur. We had a brat and a beer together then went on looking for his friend.

Garry was a kind spirit. Welcomed everyone into his life and shared his Trojanism with all that would listen or ask.

Because of Garry I have met several of the posters here including Keen, SCOldTimer, TroyBill, Laguna/Prescott Bear, Lonobird and a few others (names escape me now)... even met CStory ... I cannot thank Garry enough for all he contributed to my and our enjoyment of all things Trojan.

RIP Garry... lobby the good Lord to get our football program back on track as soon as possible... and enjoy your old friends that preceded you into heaven.

5. Elrancho

Elrancho Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I remember being a High School freshmen who had just gotten his first computer for Christmas ‘99. I came upon Wearesc and remember the talks about Grootegoed heading to SC after that monster ‘99 season he had at Mater Dei. I remember finally meeting GarryP at a spring football practice in 2004, he was the nicest guy and very humble. As the years progressed wearesc went through changes including that era with ESPN which was terrible, but the one thing that was a constant was the unmatched coverage of our Men of Troy by GarryP which always brought so many of us back for more. Fight on in heaven GarryP, you will be missed!

earlandnic likes this.
  6. woohit42

woohit42 Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I've been devastated all day by this sad news. As a member of the original premium board through today, I can think of no one else kinder, more dedicated, and committed to the truth than GP. God has gained another angel.

RIP brother

metrobank, TrojanDave85 and MC4SC like this.
  7. intensifi

intensifi Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Fight On Garry!

You will be missed.

Please look in on us from time to time.

8. reaLchaZZZy

reaLchaZZZy Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I remember those BBQ's and I remember Garry always sitting off to the side just chillin'.
    The continuity he built here is so amazing. This is such a loss for us all.

Today is so surreal.
    Prayers to the Paskwietz family.

SC200SC likes this.
  9. SCTradition1

SCTradition1 Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Damn!!!!. That's a tuff one. I've never met Garry. But it seems like ive known him for years.. Damn..

TrojanDave85 and gubo&palanka like this.
  10. SC200SC

SC200SC Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    This gave me an unexpected, but I think appropriate chuckle as you just took me down memory lane.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  11. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Shocked and saddened. Offering prayers for him and his family.

12. uscernie

uscernie Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Rest in peace, most noble Trojan, from this member of the Class of 1974!!!!!!!!

SC200SC likes this.
  13. Donnytrojan

Donnytrojan Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Garry, RIP. Thank you so much for all that you did! I emailed you one time and you took the time out of your day to respond and I appreciated that so much. Fly high...

14. twentyfourounce

twentyfourounce Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    RIP GP

15. JC SOXX

JC SOXX Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Thank You Garry Paskwietz we love you ... RIP

16. TrojanFB

TrojanFB Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I am so saddened to hear about Garry’s passing.

I was fortunate enough to get to know him a little bit years ago when I used to make some videos and did some small projects with him. He was always such an upbeat and personable guy. I’ll always remember him as a guy ‘living the dream’ in Newport Beach and covering USC football in between his vacations to Hawaii.

Rest In Peace, my friend.

17. desertfoxx

desertfoxx Member

Jan 21, 2019
    May God bless the soul of GP.. after the loss of my brother I did not think I would cry again.. 1 was wrong
    The USC family is a lesser place tonight.
    We were all blessed to have been able to interact with this man
    Rest In Peace Big Guy

SC200SC, woohit42 and Cyrus like this.
  18. PeterA

PeterA Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I would wait by my fax machine every Monday m,,,orning to read the heat paper Trojan Fax, always hoping it would be 3 pages long not two. Garry discovered San Baker back in those days and Groots was not far behind.

RIP and thank you Garry. Fight On!!!

19. howea

howea Junior Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Such sad news. I never met GP, really, (said hi at a practice once) but felt like I knew him a little bit based on how he carried himself here and what he put into this site.

There is a wrong way to spin up a site for Trojan's to congregate and gain insights into the program - most of you have seen it. That wasn't Gary's style, thankfully. I was always amazed at his apparent patience and obvious restraint. I don't think I ever saw him utter even a sarcastic response to all the complaining during site transitions - not to mention his dealings with the sock puppets and nimrods he has encountered running this site. It always seemed to me that it was genuinely about the content and experience first.

I know there was more to him than this website that gives me an occasional break from the mundane realities of life. But I will always be appreciative that he kept it going.

Fight On, Gary.

SC200SC likes this.