In case you don't go to the recruiting board...

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by bestlakersfan, Feb 11, 2019.

2. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Feb 12, 2019
    This is great bestlakersfan, thanks. It gives us an idea of what to expect from each player. I think if the glaring weakness - offensive line - had been addressed, it would have been a pretty good class. A few of them sound like certain contributors while many of them have the potential.

I was wondering about Jason Rodriguez earlier. You seem to be among those who projects him as a guard. I'm wondering why this is, since tackles are harder to find and while huge, Jason is also agile and not just a bulldozer - he has been a successful basketball player. He wouldn't be the first really big tackle to play for the Trojans. Please elaborate; I'm curious. Thanks again for an awesome write-up!

3. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Feb 12, 2019
    Thank you for the great review, Fight On

bestlakersfan likes this.
  4. VM805

VM805 Junior Member

Feb 12, 2019
    We appreciate the time and effort BLF! Fight On!

5. bestlakersfan

bestlakersfan Junior Member

Feb 13, 2019
    I just don't think that he will be a tackle. It doesn't mean that he can't become one or play at a decent level as a (right) tackle in college. He may be an average tackle in a very optimistic projection, but he has the potential to be a damn good guard. I think he just projects much better in that role. Also, I'm not sure he has the ideal frame, athleticism or arm length to be a tackle. Hopefully that answers your question!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  6. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Thank you bestlakersfan. You have definitely answered my question. I appreciate it, and also appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us on the board.