IMHO Sunday: "We're so much closer than people think"

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Feb 23, 2020.

2. dbw021

dbw021 Junior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Helton just doesn't get it. He has been hfc for 4 and 1/2 years. He took talent from previous coaching staff and had two successful seasons. But, the last two years he has had one losing season and is barely 500%. The team gets beat every time they play a team with similar talent, For him to say the team "is almost there" is just an insult to our intelligence. USC should never be "almost there", they should actually be there and playing for conference and NC title.

ClovisTroy, OC2SC, Merlin4SC and 4 others like this.
  3. August West

August West Points Member

Feb 23, 2020
    See, this is what I was referring to when I posted Dough is a liar.

This IS a lie!!! We are not close to being a NC team, not in the same stratosphere.

So one of two things are at play here, either Dough thinks the fans are dumber than a box of shit, or he truly has no idea what a NC caliber team is.
    Personally, I think he knows we aren’t, but is giving the fans the same BS he gives the Administration.

Either way, it’s fucking insulting.

OC2SC, ConquerorSC, Merlin4SC and 5 others like this.
  4. Ngdoug

Ngdoug Points Member

Feb 23, 2020
    So tired of hearing the same old bullshit from this dipshit coach. Wake up and learn some lessons, pay attention to what the great teams are doing and emulate. For sure just shut up and show us actions instead of empty words. All right already!

5. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    More pollyannaish, nonsense from the worst head coach in all of Power 5 football. If he had any ability to read the room, he wouldn't make such bold proclamations that he can't back up. When Bama blows us out, he is going to have to explain how that could happen to a team that is "this close". Of course we will be fed the usual BS- " we were only 23 plays away from winning, the guys fought like warriors, I will look at the film and clean it up, etc".
    Until that fat, lazy, stupid ignorant buffoon is kicked to the curb, I won't give the Athletic Dept. a dime.

OC2SC, ConquerorSC, Merlin4SC and 5 others like this.
  6. gubo&palanka

gubo&palanka Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Feb 23, 2020
    Helton is delusional or a bald-headed liar. We all know this by now. Hate seeing that face first thing Sunday morning -- or any morning. Or any day.

Greg: how do you keep the transfer portal from becoming a free-for-all, while still allowing players to have similar freedoms as these coaches who think nothing of leaving in the lurch for a bigger, better deal?

7. RonW

RonW Member

Feb 23, 2020
    When can we start talking about football and not about our inept head coach?

OC2SC, Boselli and DrJohnDC like this.
  8. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Helton's comments seem to have gone over well. lol

9. 101Coast

101Coast Points Member

Feb 23, 2020
    I personally do believe Clay on the truth of that statement. USC football is closer than people think.

Fire Clay and hire Urban and you will see too. One position away from making USC football great again.

biglouie, OC2SC, Merlin4SC and 2 others like this.
  10. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    No debate for me. I either make this board happy by not renewing, or make the most important person in my life (my wife) happy by renewing. Easy. I just renewed.

TrojanHorse, Cyrus and DaFireMedic like this.
  11. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    If we beat Alabama, or even make a close, hard fought contest, then he can make these statements. Until then, I don’t think he has much credibility.

12. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    My family laughed when renewing came up.

OC2SC and ConquerorSC like this.
  13. SC200SC

SC200SC Junior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    "Staying positive is one thing, but it wouldn’t hurt to tone down the hyperbole a bit and let things play out. In other words, win games and let the scoreboard do the talking."

Perhaps we could all agree that this also applies to "staying negative"?

14. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    I rarely criticize our coaches...However, it is baffling that anybody could think that our OL is close to anything. Same for the defense which got shredded last year.

15. TrojanDave85

TrojanDave85 Junior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    After 35 years, we’ve decided not to renew. Just can’t take any more of Helton being in over his head. That 5 seats (and TAF) expense that will be put toward our quickly approaching retirement!

OC2SC, racea911, Merlin4SC and 2 others like this.