IMHO Sunday Update Special: Statements bring scrutiny

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2018
    Yes, and how he thinks Helton is going to fix it is beyond my comprehension.

2. Rodgarnay51

Nov 26, 2018
    I would never even consider rooting for another team. The Trojans are part of my fabric. They will be back - when I don't know but I will keep rooting for them and watch every game.

Whether I forfeit the time and money to go see one in person next season is another issue altogether. . .

3. Rodgarnay51

Nov 26, 2018
    The only coaches we have ever had who should be compared to McKay are Howard Jones and Pete Carroll. Clay Helton will never be in that conversation.

4. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Nov 26, 2018
    I'm sorry, but I own all the copyrights to all works of Aristotle and if I let you use them...then everyone would want to make an exception...

Wait...my attorney informs me that this info was incorrect. Never mind ....go ahead and use them

5. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Nov 26, 2018
    Agreed. If CH can win a NC (an extreme longshot) then he could be compared to John Robinson, those other 3 coaches are out of his reach.

6. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Nov 26, 2018
    Greg,
    Well written thread! Can you stop with the IMHO, much of what you have said is plain facts not opinion. I know these are difficult times, and the truth hurts, but it is what it is! Thanks for being so honest as I know there is always that fine line that you have to watch and not cross, but again the truth hurts!
    Fight On!

7. eliminator207

eliminator207 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2018
    Actually they respected him and they feared him. That is not the case with these players and Helton. When players screwed up under John McKay, there were consequences that no player wanted to face. In practice, John McKay was in a tower looking over the field. The players practiced with intensity because they never knew when he would be watching them individually. Helton is a friendly uncle to his players not a disciplinary parent. Our players give their best effort but don't try to exceed and improve over that best effort. And if they fail, there are no real consequences so why try harder than you need to?