IMHO Sunday: Trojans Holiday Bowl bound, but Folt and Bohn need national championship experience

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Dec 8, 2019.

2. SoCal93

SoCal93 Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Perfectly drawn painting of what it means to truly be a Trojan. As you stated, it's more than simply donning the garb and flashing a victory sign. Yes, it's much more than that.
    Your description of Trojan football heritage demonstrates something that innumerable fans and alumni know very well and refuse to settle for less. Yes, we bleed cardinal and gold which is something Folt and Bohn cannot even begin to fathom.

BREWcorp, OC2SC, TrojanTenor1 and 8 others like this.
  3. Yale

Yale Points Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Never gonna' experience it now...if that is what it takes. I don't have to experience/see something to want to experience/see it for the first time ...or experience it if I don't want to see/experience it...these educators ...educated supposedly folks must be of a dull mind. She was dethroned at a vast NCAA champion Univ that is still at the top of the world in competing in a major sport as was is the AD's school in a tough conference ...Basketball ...both schools are very familar , particularly hers...so experience of that sort means little to her for certain...she could not care less.

4. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Interesting take. No wonder they were happy w 8-4. Folt’s flashing the V rings hollow.

5. SC93er

SC93er Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Good observations, Greg. Folt and Bohn have adopted Clay’s approach of over-promise and under-deliver. That’s just what mediocre coaches and administrators do.

By the way, Helton just updated his monthly calendar. No-Pads November is to be followed by No-Practices December, No-New-Years-Six January and No-Kabooms February.

OC2SC, Yale, Troy70 and 4 others like this.
  6. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Screenshot_20191208-090115_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20191208-090044_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20191208-090024_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20191208-085959_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20191208-085941_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Clay Helton just went right into action. K!$$ing @$$. Keep in mind they barley know each other. Do you climb all over strangers like this?

What a disgusting unprofessional display by Mike Bohn. He's a Phony. You get this excited beating a scrub? Maybe he does he's from Colorado and Cincinnati.

What a lightweight.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    BREWcorp, OC2SC, Trojan JST and 8 others like this.
  7. Oldschoolrock

Oldschoolrock Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Kerwin Bell was tough, us boys in the Moore league new him well.....
    What I don't get is why retain someone whose support by fans and football insiders is so underwhelming......
    Helton is the commander of a sinking ship....let it sink to the bottom of the football ocean?

Yale, Troy70 and gubo&palanka like this.
  8. Ventura Trojan

Ventura Trojan Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    My dad started taking me to games in 1977 and SC football has become a part of my life ever sense. On that day I became a Trojan fan for life. My dad was fortunate enough to have season tickets and I could not wait to go. As a Seven year old kid The colors, band, the smell of BBQs tailgating, traveler, and WINNING imbedded a passion into my sole. After loses it would affect me for the week and at times lead to fights at school against loud mouth ruin fans. .

You talked about the passion involved with USC football. I tried to root for LSU and coach O V.S. Georgia. I was happy for coach O but that passion was not there. The chills running down my back on a unbelievable catch or hit. Me acting like a possessed mad man jumping out of my chair screaming, fist pumping at the T.V. It's just not the same whatsoever. My wife looks at me and says why do you care so much?? you didn't even go to the school. I tell her you just don't understand. I just shrug my shoulders and say WE ARE SC.

I was so ready to be overjoyed and proud of Folt and Bohn if they somehow managed to get Meyer to make SC great again. Now it seems like the same old shit. The forces that be that don't want change are the puppeteers once again. Change is not comfortable but it's time for change.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  9. gubo&palanka

gubo&palanka Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Dec 8, 2019
    "We all know what went down with USC President Carol Folt either mandating or strongly supporting and/or encouraging her new athletic director, Mike Bohn, to retain Clay Helton as the USC Trojans head football coach. "

I never saw more than speculation about this. I mean I don't doubt that it happened but I never saw more than rumors about this.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  10. Alvaro Carrillo

Alvaro Carrillo Points Member

Dec 8, 2019
    We will not make a recruiting comeback if this coaching staff returns intact. I like Claiborne at LB coach. I guess that means Joe DeForest gets the boot? Also need Randy Shannon or Kris Richard at DC.

Butcher22, Troy70 and gubo&palanka like this.
  11. LucGomez40

LucGomez40 Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Ventura——- you said it beautifully.
    when people ask me WHY I care so much,I often say bc i fell IN LOVE with SC. i cantjust fall out of love

12. 1969Trojan

1969Trojan Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    If you consider the number of unanimous All-Americans and All-Conference players, Number One selections in NFL drafts, Overall number of players drafted by NFL, Number of Heisman Trophy winners, Number of Pro Football Hall-of-Famers, Number of Rose Bowl and other bowl appearances, Number of players inducted in College Hall of-Fame, and other relevant statistics, USC football program is either Number One or at least in Top Three of the College football traditional powerhouses. The Top Five list includes USC, Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Oklahoma. The University faculty, staff, students, alumni, and fans do not accept the mediocrity and low quality of the current program. Dr. Folt and Mr. Bohn are newcomers to the University and are not familiar with this tradition. There is no question that being a nice person is a good quality for anyone; however, are you willing to have your heart operated by a heart surgeon who is an extremely nice person but is not qualified as a competent heart surgeon? There is no question that Mr. Helton is a nice gentleman but he is not a championship-caliber coach. We are not questioning his integrity; we are questioning his ability to take USC to College Football Final Four. That's where USC football belongs every year. By the way, thanks to Mr. Haden for his wise decision: Coach O's team is Number One Seed in this year's college football playoff. Thanks a million Pat; what a great managerial decision! Also, we are not really interested in empty speeches and silly slogans. We want a championship-caliber coach for our football program.

BREWcorp, TrojanTenor1 and Troy70 like this.
  13. desertfoxx

desertfoxx Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Greg
    If Coach Harrell leaves does Kedon go with him.. with him out of the way doesn’t our current head coach have a wink / wink with the Daniels family ..
    just my two cents .. if school truly passed on hiring Urban Meyer then it has no interest in having an elite football program any longer
    ... I feel bad for the younger generations of caring fans

14. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Exactly neither of them has been around a national level championship program. Even at UNC it doesn't compare.

15. 1stNGoalSC

1stNGoalSC Points Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Great write-up, Greg. And on point on all fronts. Our admin DO NOT understand the greatness and tradition that is SC football. That’s Why I'm in the minority but don’t mind bringing back an SC guy to lead IF that person is qualified. I wouldn’t just write someone off just because that person is a former player/coach. That person just needs to be qualified. Understanding that we are sc and what that means is VERY important. At least Mike Garrett got that and wasn’t gun shy.

Greg Katz likes this.
  16. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Folt is fine with mediocre football, sad

ConquerorSC likes this.
  17. prescottbear

prescottbear Member

Dec 8, 2019
    They will not be experiencing a NC run with this coach or our upcoming recruiting class.

18. TrojanHoss

TrojanHoss Junior Member

Dec 8, 2019
    I'll tell you what Dr. Folt and Coach Bohn are going to experience - they are going to get the Clay Helton Experience on Friday, December 27. They'll get to experience first-hand what we have been experiencing for the last three years. Then they'll spend the eight months after that in complete denial, followed by the unique opportunity to experience what we have already experienced - Clay vs. Nicky at Jerry World. Now that will be an an experience.

Hang on for a thrilling ride, Dr. Folt and Coach Bohn. You bought the all-day park pass on this one. Enjoy the experience.

19. desertfoxx

desertfoxx Member

Dec 8, 2019
    Sadly the two will not know what they are looking at ...as Greg eloquently stated they do not know what they are dealing with in the history and previous importance of SC football
    They will just assume losses are a routine part of the program . They do not know any better

Ambrosia Harwood likes this.