IMHO Sunday: Korey Foreman - The 2021 final recruiting litmus test

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Sep 13, 2020.

2. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Sep 13, 2020
    Pete use to welcome being the last official visit. Hope our new DL coach & DC can step up

gubo&palanka likes this.
  3. AlbertoC

AlbertoC Junior Member

Sep 13, 2020
    Korey's family reportedly extended their stay in Baton Rouge after their visit this past week. They loved it. The momentum was with Georgia after his visit there, and Greg Biggins put in a Crystal Ball for Korey eventually committing to the Bulldogs. All bets are off after this last visit however. He wants to play with Maason Smith, the 5 star Louisiana DT, who was at Georgia with Foreman. and then LSU. Given that LSU is local for Smih, I think they have a great chance to land the two of them.

There is very little chatter about USC and Foreman recently. The Trojans appear to be on the outside looking in right now. The only saving grace is that Foreman probably won't make his decision on what school to attend next year in the near future, so there is time to make up lost ground. If USC doesn't play football this year, I'd imagine they have very little chance of them landing Korey.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  4. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Sep 13, 2020
    Don’t bet against Coach O

TroyCAM likes this.
  5. Dartmouth

Dartmouth Active Member

Sep 13, 2020
    I would have also! great place to visit but going from Cali to the deep south for extended stay is a different story. I read Korey to value family and will put "ME" to the side so his family can celebrate in his blessings on a regular basis(attend games). To perform before the most influential people in your life/evolution is one of the greatest THANK YOU you can give/say to such people(parents/coaches).

Location, Location! SC is in the perfect place in the universe for an unselfish mind as is Korey's...

Troy70 likes this.
  6. AlbertoC

AlbertoC Junior Member

Sep 13, 2020
    You are a man who puts a positive spin on things!! I hope your optimism is rewarded.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  7. OC2SC

OC2SC Junior Member

Sep 14, 2020
    If another miss with Foreman it would sadly just stack onto the recent game changing 1st round picks (Wyatt Davis, Penei Sewell, Thibodeaux, Flowe) all from right in our backyard who normally would be overwhelming favorites to choose SC but instead rejected the dumpster fire of Helton...

8. BigRex

BigRex Points Member

Sep 14, 2020
    If you are a five star athlete and want to develop into a first round NFL draft choice, where would you go, USC, or LSU/Georgia?

The question answers itself. If you want to play QB or WR in the NFL, go to USC. Any other position? USC is the last place you would want to go. I've lost count . . . how many of the hordes of four and five star USC defensive players . . . . were drafted last year by the NFL?

9. TroyCAM

TroyCAM Junior Member

Sep 16, 2020
    I'm wondering why a 5 start number 1 prospect would choose to commit to a program that literally isn't playing football?

It's truly baffling, how fast SC has slid into athletic irrelevance. Such a deep slide will take many years to overcome. And though Helton must shoulder his small share for the cause of SC's fade, the reality is that it extends much broader. The University is riddled with administrative incompetence, cronyism, and criminal activity, and the whole state is now a 3rd world dumpster fire that's one earthquake away from complete chaos and anarchy.

For KF the choice is easy, go to UGA or LSU, play 3 years, get All American status two of the three years, and then be a first round NFL pick in the 2024 draft.

OC2SC likes this.
  10. Dartmouth

Dartmouth Active Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Are you including DC and all our other capitals of states in your observations?
    California a Banana Republic?? you're very observant dear friend, Peace

11. mattinNYC

mattinNYC Points Member

Sep 16, 2020
    My son got a 33 on the ACT, had a very high GPA, and didn't get into USC. I'm a graduate. For that....I am still a little bitter towards my Alma mater. I walked around the school when I was visiting and I couldn't believe how many chinese students there were. Certainly they would make room for my son! Nope. And you wonder why USC football games are half empty in the stands. USC better get their act together.......

12. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Sep 16, 2020
    SC wants full price students over US citizens who get scholarships

13. Dartmouth

Dartmouth Active Member

Sep 16, 2020
    But can he dribble a basketball or carry a football with the best of them? if not cash payers followed by top athletes and lastly those with the potential to become our next Einsteins, DeGrasse, Steven Hawkins or teachers, is the order of business.
    As a member of USC's surrounding community, the Trojans attitude has always been one of, WE'RE NOT CHARITY, try state schools, community college,,For decades I clashed with SC regarding their blaze attitude towards the potential of those in their backyard.
    I must happily admit that in recent years they've added some community friendly programs opening the door for some of our over achieving locals to attend there.
    FIGHT ON!!