IMHO Sunday: A season on the brink...of return?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Jun 7, 2020.

2. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jun 7, 2020
    There is a big risk to biggest boosters who are mostly high risk population: HBP, diabetes, cardiovascular, obesity & over 60. Latest study includes bald males.

3. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jun 7, 2020
    So big, bald boosters are at highest risk?

Troy70 likes this.
  4. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jun 7, 2020
    Miller Moss seems a solid commit, but I thought Bryce Young was also.

5. BigRex

BigRex Points Member

Jun 7, 2020
    I wonder what happens if a USC student, paying $32,000 per semester for tuition, is found positive for COVID 19 and told to stay home for two weeks? Does he just sacrifice the semester and the $32,000? I don't know of many legitimate universities where a student can just take two or three weeks off and still pass the class.

6. AlbertoC

AlbertoC Junior Member

Jun 7, 2020
    Since from what I can understand, all classes can be taken either online or in-person, so the student would just watch taped or real time lectures online during his/her time dealing with the illness. From that sense, this year will be considerably better than others where a serious illness or even a bad flu, would leave the student with fewer options.

7. AlbertoC

AlbertoC Junior Member

Jun 7, 2020
    Greg, I know from what you wrote earlier that you really, really, want that Bama game to be cancelled. I think you might be disappointed. The only expert who I can recall recently saying the game will not be played was Paul Finebaum, and he stated it before it was announced that USC will have in person classes this fall and that school will start in mid-August, negating the primary reason for him thinking the game would not be played.

I'm not sure what the significance of guys coming into camp over 3 months before their first game, testing positive for the virus, and then being sidelined for a couple of weeks, is going to have on a game in September. As Mike Bohn said, the safest place for these kids is on campus. By the middle of June, the Tide players will have all been tested, over the illness if they had it, and will be disease free. The close monitoring they will get after that will pretty much insure they stay that way. I am no longer in California but in my state, there have been no virus fatalities of anyone under 30, much less an athlete in great condition. In fact I'm fairly certain that most if not all of the 5 Bama guys who tested positive didn't know they were sick.

Let's keep almost everyone over 50 or 60 (excluding Saban) out of the stadiums...along with everyone with pre-existing conditions... and let the games be played.

Coopsc72 likes this.
  8. Greg Katz

Greg Katz Junior Member

Staff Member
    Jun 7, 2020
    Hey AlbertC, thanks for giving some good points from your perspective. Only time will tell where this is all headed. Fight On! GK

J4SC75 and AlbertoC like this.
  9. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Jun 7, 2020
    no, lets keep Saban out:) if we can keep Helton out too then we may be favorites

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Troy70, SoCalN8tiv and AlbertoC like this.
  10. AlbertoC

AlbertoC Junior Member

Jun 7, 2020
    Greg...I've been reading your columns for 20 years or more it seems...I always enjoy them. I really want to see Bama play USC once again ..and not because I want to see Clay get embarrassed and for the game to hasten his departure. I genuinely want to see how the program matches up with the Tide. All of our strengths and deficiencies will be there for all the see in that game.

Greg Katz likes this.
  11. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jun 8, 2020
    At this point I think either every class or just about every class will have a virtual option to it. These types of hypotheticals are absolutely being discussed on every campus.