IMHO Sunday: 2021 Coliseum attendance may speak volumes

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Mar 21, 2021.

2. Tod78

Tod78 Junior Member

Mar 21, 2021
    How do the Helton numbers compare to 2013, 2014 and 2015?

When the team wins people show up. When the team doesn’t they don’t. It’s always been that way no matter who the coach is.

Trojack and Greg Katz like this.
  3. dbw021

dbw021 Junior Member

Mar 21, 2021
    I am sure that Helton is counting his money and never hears fans yelling at him. This last season without fans and press conference Helton caught a huge break.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  4. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Mar 21, 2021
    With the specified limited amount of ticket sales, I do not think selling out that ticket allotment will be an issue. The question thus arises of whether those seats will be filled with loyal Trojan fans, rival fans, or in last desperation ticket promotion give aways just to put people in seats. I distinctly remember one recent USC-Notre Dame home game where the stadium looked packed, but it was definitely occupied by a lot of Notre Dame fans. They were also sitting in booster seats that were normally assigned to Trojan fans.
    I also think rival fans will buyout excess tickets as they look at the opportunity to finally be there when they have a good shot at finally having a shot at beating SC. Well at least I would do so.
    If our season does tank early, don’t forget that SC also has the option to do promotion giveaways to get people in the seats. The main goal is to show major sponsors “Eyeballs.”
    In my opinion, ticket sales should not be the issue, rather then ticket renewals. If that drops, that should be the major sign that many fans do not believe in a Helton lead program. I think the majority of the fan base has already expressed their discontent with Helton, so that should not be a surprise!
    Fight On!

5. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Mar 21, 2021
    I think Pete was the first to tie SC football with the entertainment industry i.e. Hollywood. The SC players were always on the short list of the entertainment events, at the popular clubs. Snoop Dog, Henry Winkler, Will Farrell, etc.. The list of celebrities was that of those attending a Laker game. We dominated the sports entertainment scene in those days! Sure let’s take back the West, but Pete was the true innovator that made the connection with Hollywood! Like Lienart, why would you forgo the opportunity to go pro, when you have become a major celebrity in LA?
    Fight On!

6. TrojanHoss

TrojanHoss Junior Member

Mar 21, 2021
    Never forget that long as we are stuck with Clay Lousy Football Coach Helton, we are really still under sanctions. A “good guy” running a “clean program” remains the coin of the realm. That entire episode (which includes the scandals of Good Buddy Max) continue to cast a large shadow on this program.

When we are rid of Helton, we’ll finally emerge from sanctions.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  7. Arhedge

Arhedge Junior Member

Mar 22, 2021
    I'll be shocked if attendance is limited to 20% by the time September rolls around. The number of infections and hospitalizations will almost certainly be miniscule by then, and it's likely that anybody who wants a vaccination will have received one. Unless something unexpected happens, there will be no justification for such draconian limits half a year from now.

Of course, if I'm Clay, I may be lobbying the governor to limit capacity to 20%....

FIGHTON! and in2nation like this.
  8. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Mar 22, 2021
    This is always true at every stadium. When we travel we usually buy booster seats on the secondary market because they will be better seats than those offered to USC fans.

I disagree that somehow our rivals will have a better chance of beating us next year...certainly not better than they had the last few years.

9. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Mar 22, 2021
    Last year we should have beat our in season rivals outright. 3 of those games could have gone either way. I am just saying even with our talent, we still have Helton at the helm, and that gives hope to rival fans for possible upsets.
    Fight On!