IMHO Fri Holiday Bowl: Storm clouds brewing again for Folt and Bohn

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Dec 28, 2019.

2. LoyalTrojan

LoyalTrojan Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    I wasn’t able to watch the game live on tv but watched as soon as I got home. More of the same. As Greg mentioned, both Folt and Bohn should feel overwhelming pressure from all sides for keeping Helton. He is sickening consistent in his press conferences after the games. “We have look at the tape”. “Credit (insert that weeks opponent)”. All the same BS and Folt and Bohn bought into the “nice guy” persona. It’s going to be a long off season and a long, painful 2020......

3. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Folt will issue message to loyal Trojans, lol. She knows nothing of SC football history. But will make SC into a Ivy football program . Bohn is here for paycheck, lol

4. SC93er

SC93er Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Great quotes from Clay. Speaking of great Helton quotes, just a few weeks ago, he said, “We’re playing our best football of the season. Right now, I wouldn’t want to play us.” Endlessly empty words from an endlessly incompetent HC.

Jose, cshen10, T-Morgan Jr and 13 others like this.
  5. JayBird23

JayBird23 Points Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Helton cannot see what an ass he comes off as or how others view him.

Does he realize the repetition off his excuses. Maybe he isn't aware he says the same thing every time.

Then again, maybe he thinks we are all dummies and will believe anything. Swann did. Bohn did. Folt did. Does he think he can talk some sense into us? Point out the sunny future?

Next year will be bad. Some people might say we can compete for the south if Slovis stays healthy. With this gimmicky Air-Raid nonsense, Slovis probably does not make it to second half against Alabama.

Hoping for big changes in the next year.

cshen10, BigRex, OC2SC and 2 others like this.
  6. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    he might actually be a conman

7. vikings4123

vikings4123 Points Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Hahahahaha!
    If Slovis stays at USC he will most assuredly be knocked out vs. Alabama, maybe concussed. Alabama will take out 3 qb's on the team. Seriously. Slovis should give serious consideration to the portal for his health. They would approve it with immediate play time granted
    He has cause.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  8. vikings4123

Dec 28, 2019
    This is so frustrating. After Alabama rolls over us by a margin of about 40 points most of the remaining fan base will abandon ship and home attendance will not average even close to 50% of capacity. As the other sports programs get their budget cuts (due to reduced football revenue) and they, too, begin to suffer and complain, maybe then Bohn will decide to put his job on the line by TELLING Folt he IS making a coaching change. Immediately. He should start the search right after the Bama game. If he does that and has the right coaches in mind the money to do it will flow and he will regain trust.

Jose and gubo&palanka like this.
  9. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    That is the way I see it, I have tried to be objective about the Helton thing, we was given a very generous opportunity to stay, and screwed up twice with recruiting and the Holiday Bowl, making the same mistakes they made all year, no outside containment, not protecting the qb, bad special teams, do we have to tell Helton everything.

I see no path forward, this is actually a great time to make a change, seasons are over, we can approach anyone. They need to take a step back, admit their mistake and find the best coach possible

10. vikings4123

Dec 28, 2019
    You are correct. If I were to venture a guess I'd say Folt and the BoT are the holdups. All Bohn has to do, right now, is project the lost revenue, let the other sports programs know the amount of their 2020 budget cuts and let them take it from there.

T-Morgan Jr and gubo&palanka like this.
  11. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Folt will probably take down the Tommy Trojan statue and put up a gender neutral one.

Jose, djgcue, DJ4SC and 8 others like this.
  12. Bored of Clowns

Bored of Clowns Points Member

Dec 28, 2019
    No "might" here. He is a spineless conman.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Jose, ConquerorSC, Yale and 2 others like this.
  13. SC93er

SC93er Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Bohn can save himself time and just copy-paste Swann’s announcement at the end of last season. All of the problems Swann cited remain.

This team is a complete reclamation project. The O, while statistically better, is woefully unbalanced and getting our QBs killed. The D bites on every fake and misdirection play, can’t set an edge to save their lives, and can’t stop 3rd and (fill in the distance, up to 99 yards). Our special teams is good for at least 7 points the other way with their poor angles and matador tackling.

A midseason firing in 2020 is inevitable unless this administration is prepared to endure another full year of comprehensive humiliation with their football program. Their (Bohn, Fold, BoT) poor decision making at the end of this season has led to a collapse of the program that we’re all seeing play out now in real time. It’s both sad and ugly to watch.

14. Ztrogan

Ztrogan Points Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Greg, Thanks for another IMHO...it should have started “Thank God it’s over!” But I guess you couldn’t because that would really say the program is dead...well it IS! That was so embarrassing that even Reggie and Matt during the postgame did everything in their power to not crawl undear the desk! At least Reggie had the balls to call out the coaching! Basically saying exactly what the Trojan Family is feeling! It was the second saddest day as a Trojan (keeping the Clown was the first). Like I posted last night:
    RIP Trojan Football
    Born 1888 - Died 2019
    17 National Championships
    25 Rose Bowls
    It was a fun run!

Happy New Year!
    Fight On :-(

Jose, redeye, ConquerorSC and 2 others like this.
  15. intensifi

intensifi Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Greg,

I continue to enjoy your writing and the effort you put into covering the Trojans for the rest of us.

I have a request going forward.

If you could segment your write-ups by pulling any and all Clay comments and photos into a second thread, I would appreciate it. Please title the second thread accordingly so I can skip it.

At this point the sight of the man or anything he says is simply offensive.

Might I also suggest you add a mediocrity measurement for the offense, defense and special teams play. The unit of measurement is the Helton.

Last night’s overall effort was an 11 on the Helton scale.

Again thank you for your efforts.

Jose, ConquerorSC, Bartner and 3 others like this.
  16. Yale

Yale Points Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Why would they be distraught? Everything they did was intentional. They allowed hellton to be...hellton.
    Skipped practices , intentional. Soft practices , intentional.
    Seen 4 straight yrs of it...Everything hellton does or does not do with the team is intentional.
    Did hiring new coaches change any of the practices? Did the 50 4-5 star athletes get better practices in tackling/blocking? It was just the same old lying to media, and supporters.

17. BigDogs

BigDogs Member

Dec 28, 2019
    "Aintegrity" ... and that's the truth.

Folt Fail again!

T-Morgan Jr and ConquerorSC like this.
  18. dbw021

dbw021 Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    I am with you. I just don't know how Fold and Bohn can possibility think that Helton is the right guy. After a disastrous recruiting season and another embarrassing beat down in a bowl game, how can they possibility retain this guy.

T-Morgan Jr and AZTrojan38 like this.