If Rams can play why not SC

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Troy70, Sep 6, 2020.

1. If Rams can play why not SC
    Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Cowboys at SoFi stadium next Sunday. If Newsom & Garcetti allow this what is stopping TV games at Coli now SC has rapid test . King Larry has discussed Nov start with BIG10. What’s your deal Jimbo has said Michigan can be ready in 2 weeks. How about Clay? If SC can’t get players ready I don’t want them playing & get hurt.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.

2. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Could be one of two things:

1) NFL isn't as PC as colleges (although Goodell is working on it).
    2) Newsom was offered a substantial bribe.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  3. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Lol, bet Newsom took $$$.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  4. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Sorry, but I might take the bride, depending on how she looks.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  5. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Are there going to be any fans in the stadium? Can the governor block the games if there are no fans?

6. PacTrojan

PacTrojan Junior Member

Sep 7, 2020
    It's a local public health department (LA County for USC and UCLA, not the City of LA or Mayor) decision, and while there is specific guidance for professional teams and their training facilities..

Local colleges have to comply with specific guidance for Higher Education and there is no exception for college sports training, so practices involving physical contact between players is not allowed...

Also the Rams and Chargers will not have fans at SoFi games

Yup All Right likes this.
  7. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Sep 7, 2020
    I think it’s interesting that California did specifically mention college athletics separately. The fact that they are specifically addressing college sports here makes me think they could (not necessarily will, but could) allow for college sports to happen when state or local guidelines would otherwise prevent it. If USC and UCLA have full access to those 15-minute tests that the rest of the county doesn’t, it would stand to reason they could be held to a different standard. Willing to admit that could just be wishful thinking on my part though.

https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-higher-education--en.pdf (Page 24)

KiwiSCfan and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  8. silversprint

silversprint Junior Member

Sep 7, 2020
    I recently got an email from my son's local soccer club league.

The key statement that stood out was this:

) No Insurance Coverage for Communicable Diseases
    Cal South PAD wants all Coaches, Club and League Administrators, and Team Managers to know the US Courts are starting to report the first set of cases for wrongful death lawsuits tied to COVID-19 and the number of lawsuits grows daily. As expected, the targets of these lawsuits are the people within organizations responsible for establishing the environment in which the virus was contracted. These lawsuits claim those responsible were either negligent or grossly negligent of providing a safe environment.

In terms we in soccer can understand, if you take part in a scrimmage/game/tournament, at which someone contracts the virus and it is determined that person died as a result of a failure to follow the established guidelines of the state. The hosts could be found negligent, and guilty, of that persons wrongful death.

If you are supposed to wear masks and social distance and the event doesn’t follow those guidelines, the people that hosted that event can be considered negligent for not having planned an event that followed standard protocols for safe operation of that event. Be clear and understand that there is NO WAIVER that can protect a coach, team manager or club admin from being held personally liable in a case where their actions or inactions were found Negligent or Grossly Negligent.

Moreover, there is NO INSURANCE, to either defend the case, nor to pay out a claim or settlement. A Coach in this situation would be completely on their own to defend the case and personally liable for any award that is made. There is NO INSURANCE that will cover communicable disease driven lawsuits. A coach may be found negligent or grossly negligent if it is determined that they weren’t following established protocols, and as a result, personally liable for damages. Please follow all the state and local government requirements as well as the Cal South’s return to play protocols in order to stay safe, protect the players and protect yourselves.

CFB Fan and Yup All Right like this.
  9. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Sep 7, 2020
    NFL has their COVID Testing Protocols in place. If you watch Hard Knocks all of the players get tested everyday. NCAA is way behind.

10. PacTrojan

PacTrojan Junior Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Interesting point, however I don't believe that the State guidelines can overrule local health department guidelines. Of note is that LA County Public Health updated their guidelines for Higher Education institutions three days after the State released this guidance, and LA County didn't adopt the State guidance for college athletics.

Also given all the current litigation that's hit USC of late, I really can't see President Folt (or more accurately the University lawyers recommending to Dr. Folt) that the university should try and get local public health approval to follow State guidance instead of more stringent local rules.

11. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Sep 7, 2020
    LOL. My proofreading is really suffering with age.

12. TrojanHoss

TrojanHoss Junior Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Newsom has demonstrated that he’ll take his best friend’s bride.

CFB Fan likes this.
  13. RDTK

RDTK Points Member

Sep 8, 2020
    If USC plays...Helton eventually gets fired...and that just cant happen....THUMP THAT BIBLE LOSER!

14. ForwardUntoDawn

ForwardUntoDawn Points Member

Sep 8, 2020
    I'm with you on the Helton part but leave your religion bashing out of this.

15. RDTK

RDTK Points Member

Sep 8, 2020
    Tell it to Helton dippie!

16. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Sep 9, 2020
    Just excuse him--if Helton was 12-0 playing for Nattys, he'd be OK if Clay was a Muslim mullah. It's just a strawman...

17. TKnight

TKnight Junior Member

Sep 10, 2020
    King Newson always gets paid. He is Tool of greed