If Carol does her homework, she will know that Urban Meyer did not "look the other way"

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by K9Buck, Nov 5, 2019.

1. If Carol does her homework, she will know that Urban Meyer did not "look the other way"
    K9Buck

K9Buck Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Ohio State paid a very respected, outside law firm $1 million to investigate Urban Meyer's handling of Zach Smith. The results of their investigation speaks for itself. Ohio State is a public university and is VERY image-conscious. Any reasonable person that studies what happened will know that there is ZERO evidence to support the salacious smears against Meyer.

Here is an article that breaks down their report, some of which is not very flattering of Meyer, but nothing that should prevent him from being hired by anyone. In fact, he remains employed at OSU.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/23/17772052/urban-meyer-ohio-state-investigation-report-zach-smith

2. August West

August West Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    some of us know this....but some PC turds do not.

Sanctioned teams:
    Pete 1
    Urban 0

3. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    I was already on board but this is good to know.

Urban Meyer is a smart guy. I expect he will also learn from his mistakes.

jjg4sc, Troy70, qqqqqqqman and 4 others like this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    So typical of you....in your mind it's only the unreasonable people who can come to a different conclusion than you....a suckeye with nothing better to do than start threads on a USC football board. Money often buys freedom....it can't produce innocence.
    Not trying to pick a bone with you....you know I'm not "pc"....Urban was always a piece of shit and was talked about here in that way for YEARS. Just because Florida and Ohio St are sanction free, doesn't mean infractions weren't real.
    How old does one have to be before he/she "learns" from those kind of mistakes? You either know right from wrong, or you choose to do one over the other because you don't care.

ConquerorSC likes this.
  5. K9Buck

K9Buck Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Meyer's critics bring up all the off-the-field issues and arrests at UF. I think Urban learned from that experience. I do know that he made it a priority to recruit high-character kids to OSU and he had very few issues in his 7 years there.

Troy70, qqqqqqqman and jiordone like this.
  6. August West

August West Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Got news, every elite coach, at elite programs is far from sainthood.
    Even Pete
    You need to read the whole story about what happened at Ohio St

Troy70 and qqqqqqqman like this.
  7. K9Buck

K9Buck Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    What "infractions" did Meyer commit at OSU?

USC should base their hiring decision on TRUTH and FACTS and not on the hysterical rants of so-called "fans" like you.

Gilesmiles and qqqqqqqman like this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    I agree completely.
    I have, many times. Urban knew he was bringing a nutjob with him to Ohio St who beat the crap out of his wife. He wanted to win at all costs. Fine. It's not what I choose to ignore. I get that others disagree.

More gaslighting. How rich....an asshole suckeye calling out a Trojan on a USC football board.

ConquerorSC likes this.
  9. BESCFAN

BESCFAN Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    EVERY and I mean EVERY top power 5 conference school is guilty of some sort of NCAA infractions whether directly or indirectly by boosters - many on a weekly basis. The fact that some refuse to acknowledge this is how senile lunatics like Nancy Pelosi keep getting re-elected. - too many clueless people with access to oxygen.

10. DARNELLJAX

DARNELLJAX Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Some have that holier than thou mentality unfortunately.

K9Buck likes this.
  11. K9Buck

K9Buck Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Yea, you are UNHINGED. You have Urban Meyer Derangement Syndrome. Seek help.

12. K9Buck

K9Buck Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Hey uscvball, what infractions did Meyer and Ohio State commit during his tenure there? Are you going to answer the question or are you going to...

[​IMG]

13. K9Buck

K9Buck Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Hopefully, for USC, Carol doesn't allow radicals like uscvball to drown out the truth and facts regarding Urban Meyer's time at OSU.

FWIW, my hope is that Urban remains OUT of coaching and stays on as an employee of Ohio State and an adviser to Ryan Day.

Gilesmiles likes this.
  14. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    I'll wait until the PR cesspool comments drain away and Urban Meyer comes in for an actual interview. Face to face is where important matters are decided and where the man can speak for himself in a formal interview setting so the powers that be can have their questions answered by Urban Meyer - and only Urban Meyer. Until then, this friction is all hot air meets cold air creating a fog of war. Go back to your neutral corners and let some time pass so the fog can lift.

Troy70 likes this.
  15. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019

Problem is, there apparently won't be an interview process of any kind with Urban .

ConquerorSC likes this.
  16. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    I don't answer to you, suckeye.

17. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    We don't know that and we don't know that there ever would have been.

I have yet to see even one indication that he would be interested in the job.

So far the only actual information I have read or seen is that President Folt has said that hiring the HC is not her job. Anything since then has been all speculation and gossip.

18. K9Buck

K9Buck Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    You just spew idiotic nonsense. Frankly, you're too stupid to engage further.

19. Ojaitrojan

Ojaitrojan Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    The point is not whether or not Urban enabled a wife beater, or if he used poor judgement, or if some law firm decided he didn't do anything worth being fired over.

It is about perception. When you've employed, and covered for, a serial molester you cannot make a high profile hire of someone who has the stick of scandal like Urban does. Even if you care only about winning it doesn't matter, the other scandals plaguing the university preclude hiring someone with Urban's perception. Additionally, arguing about other is a moot point as well, if the perception of them is better, in this climate, they can be a candidate.

Just "guaranteeing" that winning cures all ills, doesn't actually make it so.

ConquerorSC likes this.
  20. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    USC has set the bar too high. Football coaches deal with thousands of people during their career, no one will ever come through without some damage. Same with players, who went to school for 4 years and not do something they regretted later. Time to get real on life

GoSC1 and K9Buck like this.