I was surprised SC did not get one of the two studs

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by Scalum76, Apr 16, 2020.

1. I was surprised SC did not get one of the two studs
    Scalum76

Scalum76 Junior Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Ziare Williams and Josh Christopher, thought Williams was going to SC because he's a one and done kind of a guy and why go to Stand for Nothing if that's the case. He could go to SC and his family could watch all his games.

I guess he wanted to be the man on a Stand for Nothing team rather than be a part of SC team that would have challenged for a NC with him on the team.

TheTrojanKnight likes this.

2. TheTrojanKnight

TheTrojanKnight Junior Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Hey maybe he's planning on graduating lol never know what could happen. There's worse things than a free Stanford education that's for sure. I question ASU way more than Stanford. Maybe Christopher is just trying to party for a year or something haha

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  3. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Apr 16, 2020
    the class still isn't a disappointment in the grand scheme of things but the potential window for a Final 4 squad was there with Ziaire Williams. I think Jalen Green is going pro if I am not mistaken so SC could have had 4 Top 10 players. That's insane even by Duke standards.

Christopher went to ASU because his brother plays there. Crazy how ASU is out recruiting Zona.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  4. Eltrojano

Eltrojano Junior Member

Apr 17, 2020
    Christopher was never going to SC and ZW was waiting to gain acceptance to Stanford. SC was his second choice.

5. Alta Loma Trojan

Alta Loma Trojan Junior Member

Apr 17, 2020
    The fact that we're getting interest from top players has rarely happened in our history. Good reasons why both went elsewhere - ZW choose the top academic school in the West and JC is playing with family.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.