I have to ask. If Bohn resigned tomorrow. . .

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Rodgarnay51, Dec 9, 2019.

1. ACETrojan

ACETrojan Junior Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I would be thrilled if he resigned and said this was all due to the SC brass being unwilling to give up control to a proven winning coach. THAT would be sooooo worth it. Expose those a*holes to everyone.

TroyWill, OC2SC, AZTrojan38 and 2 others like this.
  2. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Dec 10, 2019
    If this is the case, then I would respect his resigning. If they told him he would be making the decisions on the coaches to get him to come here, then turned around and intentionally took that ability from him by denying him the funding, that’s an ethical dilemma right there that Bohn may not be able to get past.

3. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Any resignation would come with a serious NDA.

I would like to point out I was the first guy on the board that speculated Bohn would resign because of employer bad faith

4. ACETrojan

ACETrojan Junior Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I believe the NDA would come WITH being hired. If you don't have one in place you can't ask someone to retroactively sign it unless you want to offer that person a huge 'keep your mouth shut' payout

5. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Depends on the negotiated buy out. Both will have some level of legal liability if the contract was broken prematurely

6. Ccoralles

Ccoralles Junior Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I wouldn’t be upset, but not happy either. If he were to resign, it would be a shot at the University for forcing him to do something he didn’t want to. That would only make it more difficult to replace him with a quality AD of equal or better skills.

Right now, I hate Lori Laughlin more than the new AD. Haden and Swann as well. The new President and AD got dealt this crap. Give them a chance to navigate it. That’s my opinion...

7. BESCFAN

BESCFAN Junior Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Truly mind-boggling what a complete sh*t show USC athletics has become the past decade. Almost surreal how bad it is.