How has everyone else been processing the state of this program?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ForwardUntoDawn, Mar 3, 2020.

1. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    ASU....giving lots of money these days. Haven't seen anyone paying to get their kid in there, though.

2. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Mar 3, 2020
    A couple of months ago this ASU grad was asking me how much my parents had to sacrifice to get me into USC. I was like bruh "what about you, you went to a Bellarmine College Prep and you landed at ASU." Parents might as well ask you for a refund for that robbery during high school.

Hope the daughter is enjoying college. My friend is considering doing in-state residency in GA to get a better chance of landing in a GA in-state med school so she still isn't broke at 35.

3. Sam Bam

Sam Bam Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Yup been in Bend for 11 years now. My in-laws live in Black Butte. I get through Sisters for work occasionally as well.

4. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    I actually lived in the Willamette Valley for a few years and the duckies were very hard to tolerate, but Beaver supporters were better. I always flew my SC flag up there - maybe because we were behind the gates on the golf course, but no one ever screwed with us. Some of my favorite spots are Black Bute Ranch and Sun River, which we could fly into and go biking, canoe and horseback. What a neat little place with its village. Kinda like being on Mars there with all the red soil and lava rock though. That was back before the zeros ever appeared in an NC game though. They're probably insufferable at this point.

travyav likes this.
  5. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Re: obnoxious fans - I'd say I was a UCLA hater, well before I was a Trojans fan. When I was in junior high, all the people I disliked in my grade were UCLA supporters.

I've never lived anywhere other than SoCal, even the handful of years we lived in Oceanside, where the Chargers were the team to root for (this was before the Rams came home).

As far as collegiate flags flying in front of homes - well, my neighborhood is heavily Asian, and in general they don't decorate their homes for holidays and such, but in have seen UCLA flags, USC flags, an Oregon flag, and a Colorado flag. One family in my neighborhood, on the back of their SUV has the following stickers: USC, UCLA, CSULB, CSUN, and Oregon State. That's either a lot of kids, or multiple advanced degrees! Lol

ConquerorSC likes this.
  6. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Since I've been in NoCal the last 16 years my hate for Cal has actually diminished over time. I know a lot Cal people that aren't even assholes. I would never root for them as a favorite though. Just against the slimy part of the Pac (Ducks, ruins, Dawgs, Devils, Utes)

7. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Not a true Trojan! Go follow Texas

8. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Dude, imma give you some advice. There is a cafe in Sisters. I can’t remember the name but it’s on the South side of the highway. It’s very western themed. Winchester’s and pictures of Indians and stuff on the wall. It’s my favorite breakfast place I’ve ever been to. Trout and eggs and home fries. Wonderful.

DaFireMedic likes this.
  9. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Go to SC cinema events . Will check out a couple of Saturday practices to compare with Pete era .

10. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Cottonwood is pretty good for breakfast there.

11. norcalsurfer

Mar 3, 2020
    it was a Cal fan, not an Oregon or ucla fan, that gave me bloody nose.

12. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    I tried to find it, and saw a couple places that might be it, but not sure. It was 1994 when I was there, but I know it was still open about 5 years ago. When I was plastering pools in Portland we used to go over to Bend all the time and would always stop there for breakfast. It was that whole, dredged in corn meal rainbow trout that won my heart.

13. Sam Bam

Sam Bam Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    The Gallery - Love it. haven't had the trout yet.

Used to be a nice little place called Jen's Garden. Haven't been there since it became the Cottonwood. Will give it a go when I get the chance.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  14. Sam Bam

Sam Bam Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    The lava rock is definitely different but I love it.

Some Duck fans are atrocious of course but the ones you interact with every day seem to be able to tone it down after awhile.

15. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    I live in Eugene and feel the same way. I like Oregon st, hate the Ducks. I'll never root for their football team, although I kind of like their women's basketball team this year with all of the storylines.

16. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Mar 4, 2020
    That’s one of the places I saw on the Google Machine, but couldn’t see the menu.
    Most people don’t think of Trout as a breakfast protein, but that place had it down.

Edit: I just found the menu and it’s still available. Try it, if you don’t like it, I’ll pay for it.
    I’m counting on you brother.

DaFireMedic and Sam Bam like this.
  17. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Not to nitpick but I think you mean Jaamal Charles...no replay back then.

18. norcalsurfer

Mar 4, 2020
    pretty sure that player with #10 is Vince Young

[​IMG]

19. Sam Bam

Sam Bam Junior Member

Mar 4, 2020
    I liked your photo. Then I realized this is too infuriating to actually "like" it

20. FIGHTONSC

FIGHTONSC Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Mar 5, 2020

The wife and I were over in Bend for a week for our 25th wedding anniversary, since neither one of us had ever been there before. We did some sight-seeing, brewery hopping and a bit of fly fishing for Redbands and Browns down on the Fall River and the Deschutes.

We also had two great dinners on the bottom floor of the Bend Athletic Club at Bistro 28 and would highly recommend that to anyone visiting Bend.

Bend is a very pretty city, especially along the river.