How come you posters are so horrible at recognizing talent?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by flyfishintrojan, Dec 28, 2019.

1. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Dec 30, 2019
    Carr only does sit ups and crunches. Right.

Almost certainly you personally were a lead footed turtle poorly conditioned initially and finally got to your genetic level. According to elite training gurus who specialize in getting players ready for the combines, in 8 weeks of intense training they might shave .1 secs off a 40 time, and it is all in teaching the perfect start, the players top end speed is rarely bettered.

Since you think you are all that, come ski this with me.

upload_2019-12-30_15-34-53.jpeg

Me at 3 bills not able to see my feet and you.

2. flyfishintrojan

Dec 30, 2019
    So what is it? DrH says he can be turned into a “ monster” with better coaching, you say he is a permanent football cripple.

BTW can you name for me the tough fast big running backs out of SoCal in those past ten years? If not, STFU.

3. drheisenberg

drheisenberg Junior Member

Dec 30, 2019
    Skiing. Could you come up with a gayer sport, why not challenge someone to a fellatio contest?

And I don’t knew how stupid you are to realize 0.1 seconds off a 40 second time is huge.

Skiing, LOL.

4. drheisenberg

Dec 30, 2019

Sean McGrew out of Bosco. His 40 time is the same as the Clemson RB you were fellating earlier. I can’t figure out what happened to you to make you hate California so much. Boyfriend broke your heart? It was tough being an 300 pound acne ridden incel in California? Come over to my couch, we can help you out...

5. racea911

racea911 Junior Member

Dec 30, 2019
    It would seem in dealing with a sane human with a flawed theory that this statement might be tough to overlook. It's obviously no problem for Fly but I am going to repeatedly post this until he either gets a clue, or better yet just decides to STFU.

“I think it all starts and ends with recruiting,” Urban Meyer said during a Monday appearance on The Herd. "I think USC is not a glamour job. I think that’s an elite, elite job. Why? Within two hours of your campus you can get the best players in America, or as good as any.”

6. flyfishintrojan

Dec 30, 2019
    I gotta tell you, bicycling is as gay as it gets. The tight little stretch shorts, everyone wearing those brightly colored tight shirts, the cute little seats that give you nice goose when guys need it, bent over in perfect position, riding side by side or worse yet in line, yikes!

upload_2019-12-30_21-14-37.jpeg

So you couldn’t find any RBs from SoCal in the past 10 years? Your best effort is a high schooler?

Like clubbing baby seals.

7. flyfishintrojan

Dec 30, 2019
    Is he the coach at SC? No? Huh.

Can you name the great running backs out of SoCal since 2005? List them here. The ones equal to Mike Garrett, Clarence Davis, Sam Cunningham, Rod McNeil, Allen Carter, Anthony Davis, Manfred Moore, Charles White, Ricky Bell, and Marcus Allen.

Use google, take your time, be thorough, then get back to me.

Ah, darn, blood and seal tissue everywhere! Clean up on aisle 6!

8. flyfishintrojan

Dec 30, 2019

When a bicyclist says that, hold on tight to your trousers.

9. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 30, 2019
    You know one of the biggest differences between the players of earlier eras and today is that there are very few multi-sport athletes. Almost every single player you named played 2 or more sports. Heck Marcus Allen played football, baseball, basketball, and track. Several of the others were track-and-field athletes, a couple also played baseball.

If you look at the fastest players in the sec, they are almost all track athletes. Players who run and sprint or who play football and one other sport, tend to be at the top of their field. That just doesn't happen in California. There is massive pressure for kids to pick just 1 sport.

10. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Dec 30, 2019
    Talanoa Hufanga is an example of a guy that, no one would argue, is an elite college safety. Here are his measurable coming out of high school.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/213176/talanoa-hufanga

He doesn't have elite speed, but he has great instincts. These are things that came to him naturally, but can be coached.

Fly is right that we don't get elite athletes like the SEC and tOSU, but we don't develop the guys that are a tick below those elite athletes and make them great like Hufanga naturally is despite not having elite speed and size.

11. drheisenberg

Dec 30, 2019
    I don’t think there is a point in engaging this 300 pound clown. He’s made the same post for the years I’ve been on this site. “DER AINT NO GOOD AFLETES IN CALIFERNIA” He’s like a broken record. There are plenty of good athletes in California, they are just hemorrhaging out of the state. I wouldn’t bother to engage him any more, he will just move the goal posts. DER AINT NO GOOD AFLETES IN CALIFORNIA.

12. flyfishintrojan

Dec 30, 2019
    Ok, then where are those kids in other sports? Basketball has fallen apart in the West Coast, cept for Gonzaga. The Pac12 is a joke in basketball too. Oh I know, coaches aren’t developing hoops players too.

I can’t give you a good reason, but the West Coast is no longer competitive in those sports.
    And using your example, then wouldn’t the West Coast be dominant in track, particularly the sprints? The last 100 meter sprint champ from SoCal was Clancy Edwards of USC in 1978. Since 1975 there have been 3 West Coast NCAA basketball champs, 3 in 45 years.

If your point is true( and in a sense you have exactly made my point quite well) then shouldn’t the west Coast dominate those other sports with all the single sport phenoms?

13. flyfishintrojan

Dec 30, 2019
    Couldn’t name any running backs from the past 15 years? What a limp dicked gutless coward.

Thanks for playing, Mr Candy Ass.

14. racea911

racea911 Junior Member

Dec 31, 2019
    “I think it all starts and ends with recruiting,” Urban Meyer said during a Monday appearance on The Herd. "I think USC is not a glamour job. I think that’s an elite, elite job. Why? Within two hours of your campus you can get the best players in America, or as good as any.”

15. flyfishintrojan

Dec 31, 2019
    And anyways it is comforting to know that at least one of the 6 California Division 1 football schools could rise to 3rd place in Iowa, where there are more pigs than people.

Woot, woot, woot!

16. drheisenberg

Dec 31, 2019
    DER AINT NO GOOD AFLETES IN CALIFERNIA.

302E10AA-318F-4D97-AAE8-0984E92C36F5.jpeg

4thamp1 likes this.
  17. 4thamp1

4thamp1 Junior Member

Dec 31, 2019
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner of this pissing match.

18. TrojanDrive

TrojanDrive Junior Member

Dec 31, 2019
    It would be cool to see that data broken down by state and position i.e. RB, WR, DL OL, etc.

19. drheisenberg

Dec 31, 2019
    He’ll most move the goal posts again. “We are talking about CFB, not high school, where California has the best 2 teams in the country, not the NFL with is loaded with Californians. Just the last 10 years of college football in California.”
    Disregard the fact our coaches have been garbage who couldn’t develop talent if their lives depended on it.

20. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 31, 2019
    You miss the point entirely. Football players used to be allowed to play multiple sports. Today, youth sports coaches try to force kids into just one sport. It hasn't changed the population of football players, just reduced the number of football players who are multi-sport athletes.

Enfield may not be the guy but USC is looking very good so far this season. And there is huge payola in places like North Carolina, Florida, and the Northeast for basketball.

You still don't get it. Plenty of sprinters at other schools came from the SoCal area. The 100 isn't the only sprint contested and just because you aren't the fastest, doesn't mean you aren't fast. Ever heard of a guy named Michael Norman? Quincy Watts? Kyree King? Kenan Christon? Bryshon Nellum?

No. Each sport has changed over time. Sprinters who are world class don't spend more than a year, maybe 2 in college. Same for basketball. The bottom line is, it IS possible to train for speed and the best combo is a 2-sport football player who incorporates sprints in their workouts. There just aren't a lot of them....much more in the SEC.

norcalsurfer likes this.