Handguns

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by prescottbear, Aug 1, 2020 at 2:32 PM.

1. Handguns
    prescottbear

prescottbear Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 2:32 PM
    My wife has become interested in handguns and have always had one sooo this has lead to the purchase of 5 new ones in the last 4 weeks plus my wife getting her CCW and joining a shooting facility.
    Purchases included 2 Smith and Wesson M&P in ,22 and 9 mm for my darling and for the old man, a Star 9 mm(ex Spanish police carry gun), a Taurus 9mm 13 shot 9mm, and last but not least, Bursa .380 for fun.

More long guns to follow..

2. fssca51

fssca51 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Aug 1, 2020 at 2:46 PM
    I'm thinking of adding a S&W 38 Special to my collection of 9mm and 32 Mag. The 32 Mag is a lightweight and carryable. The 22 is a good idea for target practice. I might just spring for that too.

FIGHTONSC likes this.
  3. prescottbear

prescottbear Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:21 PM
    I do like my wife's choice of the M&PS, she practices with the ,22 but carries the .9mm for protection. She is a very responsible gun owner.

FIGHTONSC, fssca51 and August West like this.
  4. prescottbear

prescottbear Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:23 PM
    My wife has arthritis and the designated EZ of her guns help with those hands, easy to rack.

fssca51 and FIGHTONSC like this.
  5. SoCal93

SoCal93 Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:54 PM
    Good choices on firearms. I'll expand my arsenal once I've relocated to Texas. You can't buy anything here in California.

FIGHTONSC likes this.
  6. FIGHTONSC

FIGHTONSC Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Aug 1, 2020 at 5:25 PM
    My wife likes the Smith & Wesson 9mm EZ Shield with Crimson Trace for her carry piece or the FN “Baby” for her “purse“ gun.

My carry pieces are Sig P320 45 compact or a 9mm S & W Performance Center Shield. I just upgraded all of my carry pieces to Israeli Meprolite Bullseye night sights.

Lock and load and Fight On!

7882DE70-8056-401C-AB98-AA38D7C09CDB.jpeg

7. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 5:32 PM
    I sold my Taurus 38 snub nose revolver to a friend because it’s so difficult to purchase a gun right now in California. The wait for them to come in from the manufacturer is too long.
    Still have a small collection left.

FIGHTONSC and August West like this.
  8. tommytrojan1122

tommytrojan1122 Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:01 PM
    We just took out CCW class a few weeks ago. My carry weapon is the S&W Shield 9mm. I love the magazines. They are very easy to load, much easier than even a speed loader.

I have a 9 mm AR-15. The problem is ammo. I bought 1,000 rounds about a month ago but now cannot find bulk ammo anywhere.

9. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:18 PM
    I have a S&W 9mm M&P on order. Seems to be the most popular semi automatic right now.

10. The Mayor of Leah

The Mayor of Leah Points Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:24 PM
    Handguns?

In these uncertain times?

How about a pistol with attitude instead?

[​IMG]

Before you head out to the next BLM/Antifa rally......get yourself one of these Sig M400 pistols, an ACOG optic and a couple of 30 round clips.

Ain't no sense concealing a got damn thing.

Let 'em know you ain't fucking around.

Area51Trojan, woohit42, DJ4SC and 6 others like this.
  11. FIGHTONSC

FIGHTONSC Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Aug 1, 2020 at 7:04 PM
    Mayor,

Banged the steel the other day at the range with this CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1...fun little gun to be sure!
    48F014C9-42BA-4ECB-92A9-0997EA1AC371.png

12. LaissezFaire28thStUSC

LaissezFaire28thStUSC Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 9:02 PM
    I believe that a Glock 9mm has fewer moving parts and may be less likely to jam.

Mossberg shot guns? Front yard cleaners.

Large caliber long rifle with scope. Good for rioters throwing incendiaries at your neighbors as they walk toward your house. When heads, arms and legs start flying at the rioters behind them they'll start running the other way. If not, pile 'em up on your street.

prescottbear, FIGHTONSC and SCBIGTIME like this.
  13. Jpltrojan

Jpltrojan Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 9:17 PM
    Have a Sig P320 .9mm. I think I’ll get a .45 cal also. It’s a “feel“ thing for me. The Sig just feels right in my hand. Tried a Glock and a few others and they just didn’t have the feel. I’m in CA...bought them at a gun show.

FIGHTONSC and Ridge Rider like this.
  14. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 10:01 PM
    I’m a little uncomfortable with the Glocks because they don’t come with an outside safety. I like the idea of manual safety over a trigger safety. That’s just me.

FIGHTONSC likes this.
  15. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Aug 2, 2020 at 5:02 AM
    Amicus brief: California's unprecedented ban prevents consumers from taking advantage of all improvements in pistol safety. Since 2013, new handgun models have introduced better ergonomics, reduced recoil (especially important for people who do not have great upper body strength), durability, and accuracy. Better ergonomics, better sights, easier control, and so on, make the gun safer to use, such as by reducing stray shots. This makes perfect sense to me!

Here's some of that California bull shit. Kamala Harris and the Ninth Circuit suck ass by continuing to ignore Heller.

A California statute requires that all new models of semi-automatic handguns stamp the handgun's serial number in two locations on each round of ammunition. It is possible for a handgun's firing pin to stamp the serial number onto the cartridge's primer, which is a disk in the center of the back side of the ammunition. It [is] not possible to stamp a serial number in two locations, as an erudite amicus brief from the Cato Institute explains. Nevertheless, California Attorney General Kamala Harris in May 2013 declared that all conditions for implementation by the statute had been met. Accordingly, all pistol models created since May 2013 are prohibited from commercial sale in California.

In Heller, the Supreme Court expressly rejected the notion that the Second Amendment could be limited to the types of arms in existence in 1791. In the 2016 Caetano case, the Court per curiam overturned a Massachusetts decision that had upheld a stun gun ban since stun guns did not exist in 1791. Because technological freezes on constitutional rights are forbidden, California may not bar citizens from buying pistols that were created after 2012.

The Ninth Circuit attempted to blame the California government's pistol freeze on firearms manufacturers, rather than on the government. The panel majority speculated that pistol manufacturers could produce double-microstamped guns but were refusing to do so.

https://reason.com/2019/02/06/californias-ban-on-all-new-pistol-models/

Then there's more of this bull shit...

Purchasing a firearm in California is not a simple process. First, any individual seeking to purchase a firearm within the state of California must provide appropriate identification; either a driver’s license or state-issued I.D. card, and another form providing proof of residence in the state. People who are not residents of the state of California will not be able to purchase firearms within its borders. A Handgun Safety Certificate must also be obtained in order to purchase a firearm, specifically handguns, which is given only after successfully passing a written test.

The written test is administered by certified instructors of the California Department of Justice, and is valid for five years. Furthermore, a thumb-print must also be provided at the time of submitting an application. The entire application is then processed–at a fee provided by the buyer–by the California Department of Justice, which conducts a thorough and rigorous background check for every prospective firearms purchaser. There is an imposed ten-day waiting period for all firearms purchases. If the purchase is approved, the dealer must register the actual transfer of ownership of the firearm and keep it on record.

The purchaser then has a limit of 30 days to pick up the weapon from the dealer. If the weapon is not picked up by the buyer within that time frame, the entire purchasing process must be repeated all over.

https://gun.laws.com/state-gun-laws/california-gun-laws

California's gun laws suck ass.

16. August West

August West Points Member

Aug 2, 2020 at 5:13 AM
    Glock’s are a fantastic weapon, arguably the best handgun out there, but that reason alone, I think they are for the most seasoned shooter. JMO

FIGHTONSC likes this.
  17. August West

Aug 2, 2020 at 5:16 AM
    Look at a good shotgun for home defense...there’s nothing better in the dead of night in familiar surroundings.

18. August West

Aug 2, 2020 at 5:20 AM
    Those aren’t laws, those are restrictions. Gimmedats aren’t very smart, they keep targeting ( pun unintended) the weapons, if they were smart, they’d target the ammo. But they don’t know much about weapons to begin with, that’s why they use terms like “assault rifles”, “AR-16“, “16 round clips“... the ignorance is astounding.