Guess who said the following and yes it's who you think

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by 23 Blast on 3rd and 7, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Guess who said the following and yes it's who you think
    23 Blast on 3rd and 7

23 Blast on 3rd and 7 Points Member

Jan 1, 2020
    Our friend Conquest did share many of our views last year as he claimed

I'll let him speak for himself

11-11-2018

11-11-2018

In fairness Conquest has said he said as much. But in truth everything he said above could be said be true this year, and he even hints at this last year

In other words he is falling on his sword in Helton's defense this year would not have been good enough even for Conquest him or herself last year, so why he is so upset that we don't see this as good enough is simply well mind-blowing. Indeed every argument Conquest made for firing Coach Helton last year is being made by many of us this year - and is every bit as justified now as Conquest believed them to be last year.

But the truly mind-blowing is that Conquest is totally against "tarmacking" coach Helton and believes that firing him early on will ensure an even worse season and possibly an even poorer 2021 Recriting Class.

But.....he said this pretty early last year

9-26-2018

So I have one last question for Conquest - WTF?????????

2. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Jan 2, 2020
    My post regarding an early dismissal of Helton if we suffered an embarrassing loss to WSU at home came on the heels of an awful 1-2 start. Quite frankly our offense appeared non existent in these first 2 losses and I was very frustrated. Against WSU we were competitive scoring 36 points. You will note I never pushed for an early firing of Clay, but posted I would not object to it. After the season ended I wanted Helton fired. That did not happen. At no point in the 2019 season were the Trojans under .500 and in fact they led the Pac 12 South until the loss to a very good OU team that just won the Rose Bowl. Helton rallied the team to win 5 out of 6 of the final games with an 8-4 regular season record. Btw I thank the O/P of this thread for the research and being reasonable with his inquiry in contrast to the hair on fire attack dogs with their troll accusations and sexual innuendos.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Redskins Rick likes this.
  3. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Meh, trolls typically walk around with their head up their ass while posting their shit. Conq81 is no exception to the rule.

PickSicx and reaLchaZZZy like this.
  4. conquest4ever81

Jan 2, 2020
    images (55).jpeg
    Listening to naysayers is counterproductive. When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

5. ICEnEC

ICEnEC Points Member

Jan 2, 2020
    I couldn’t even take the time to read all of that. How much time did it take you to do the Recon??? Geeeeeeeeeeeezus

6. SoCal93

SoCal93 Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    See, this is why no one respects you. You've got to stop this Helton picture posting nonsense and engage this forum with intelligent dialog.

TroyWill likes this.
  7. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

Jan 2, 2020

Not long - probably 10 minutes at most - and that's doing it twice after accidentally closing out

8. KeepCalm&FightOn

KeepCalm&FightOn Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Even if that's true (which if it is then you are a true wizard cuz it takes me forever to find old content), it's still too long. He's not worth the time.

The guys an asshole who spams good threads with the same Helton nonsense over and over again. Fuck him. He's a troll and his past comments and/or any future insights he provides are all null & void IMO.

His best bet is to retire the handle, stop drinking, seek psychological help, and come back with a new username and grip on reality. Only a seriously delusional, sick, or depressed individual would continue down this course.

PS -- Helton still sucks.

9. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

Jan 2, 2020
    Convenient of you to ignore the most damning statemen t you made about Helton last year

conquest4ever81 said:
    If we were on track for an 8-4 season plus a bowl win I would probably advocate giving him one more season.

In other words what isn't good enough for us this year wouldn't have been good enough for you last year. It's right there - an 8-5 record wasn't good enough in your eyes then. So why should it be good enough now in ours? And don't give me the 5-1 finish crap - the five teams we beat were pretty bad teams and the one good team we barely beat was without their starting QB (ASU) and we barely bought Colorado too, and even the UCLA was closer than it should be.

This isn't the NFL, where just win, baby, truly is good enough. So just barely beating teams our athletes should dominate every year if they are properly coached and practiced shouldn't good enough for any of us.

10. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

Jan 2, 2020

No wizard am I - just skipped back until the 2018 season, and found a few quotes.

Other than that can't say I disagree with much there.

11. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Yeah, he died....and left his owner a $100M fortune. I don't feel THAT bad about seeing his pic.

12. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

Jan 2, 2020
    Guess who's not a cat person.....

13. 87trojan

87trojan Points Member

Jan 2, 2020
    I advocate for a full on tarmac'ing of this current stooge employed as our head coach the very minute he loses by 40+ as I expect he will to Bama. This guy has proven in 4 years that he is way in over his head. He has run the program into the ground, and yet Conquest wants people to not lobby for his dismissal. He should have been fired after 5-7, and this year was really a modest improvement only because of a woefully easy 2nd half of the schedule. The Pac 12 South full on sucks, and this guy we employ couldn't even win it. He embarassed himself yet again in a bowl game. There is ZERO, ZERO, ZERO upside to keeping this guy. This integrity bullcrap being spewed out of HH is pathetic.

EVERY rationale Trojan fan wants improvement, and with the current guy in place that just isn't going to happen.

I'd seriously advise conquest to get a lobotomy. That or take up shuffleboard instead of posting tired picks of the loser we employ as our head coach.

14. t1104payne

t1104payne Points Member

Jan 2, 2020
    cant even look at his face in this picture, lol. Helton looks like he smells like hot dog water.

15. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Don't insult hot dog water like that!

It is unbelievable that any USC fans want to keep Helton. The only ones who truly want him to keep his job are Bruin and Irish fans.

16. ScMafia

ScMafia Points Member

Jan 2, 2020
    When the going gets tough, get on your knees and suck. Right conquest? That’s your life motto

17. conquest4ever81

Jan 2, 2020
    2019-12-14 08.07.45.png