Graham Harrell is staying at USC

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Dec 16, 2019.

1. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Dec 18, 2019
    I think game script has a lot to do with it Merlin. I'm just telling you that we have currently over 1,500 yards rushing on this season, with one more game left. GH isn't going to script a ton of running plays when all he has is Kenan Christon and Quincy Jountti as his two RBs. I'd be a fool to think that he wouldn't have run the ball quite a bit more with Malepaei, Carr, and Stepp in the game. Same goes for when you're down by over three TDs in the third quarter. After the end of the first half debacle, he pretty much had to abandon the running game...remember Christon was a true frosh and not a big back who should be running the ball 25-30 times.

So, I'm just looking at the evidence of what happened when he had all of his RBs...and that was during the tough stretch of the schedule against some good defenses - Utah, UW, and ND. Plus add in the fact they were all learning the offense. The objective criteria are what is driving my prediction of 2000 yards. Maybe I will be wrong, but there's enough evidence from this season to believe it to be a good possibility.

2. Ojaitrojan

Ojaitrojan Points Member

Dec 18, 2019
    We were well behind in the Oregon game for most of the 2nd half. The context between that game and ND was night and day different.

3. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Merlin...saw you added to your post.

Yeah, so when we are in a game and have more RBs to use, we run the ball quite a bit more. Teams are going to be dropping 8 into coverage all year next year knowing that our strength is the passing game. With Stepp, Malepaei, and Carr back, it will be much easier to run the ball 25-30 times a game...provided we are ahead or the game is close. We abandoned the run many games this season because we didn't have anyone to run the ball. Harrell would be an idiot to subject Christon to that much punishment by himself with nobody to step in if he got injured. No way you could trust Jountti with the ball after his fumble. As for Carr, he hasn't been what he should be mostly due to injuries not necessarily play calling.

Troken likes this.
  4. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Dec 18, 2019
    I knew there were other reasons I wanted to stop posting on here. What the hell was I thinking. Enjoy your wonderboy Harell. He's not going to lead you to the promised land like you think.

https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?threads/go-trojans-pump-that-sunshine.46791/

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  5. Gold Trojan

Gold Trojan Points Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Harrell is probably rethinking that contract now.

6. TaeRiddle

TaeRiddle Junior Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Nah the offense is good, so he not mad or disappointed because they will be even better next year.

Troken and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  7. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Dec 18, 2019
    If you cannot handle people who have a differing opinion than you have then I agree, maybe you should stop posting here. I gave you nothing but facts to demonstrate why I have my opinion on how many rushing yards we can attain next season. You've presented no facts to refute what the evidence leads to.

Nobody said Harrell was a wonderboy or was going to lead us to the promised land either...so quit with the red herrings. If you want me to alter my opinion, it's not going to happen by you just telling me I'm wrong and Harrell sucks...give me some facts...some evidence to support your position. I do not allow my emotions to drive intellectual thought and curiosity. You're a smart guy from what I've seen, which is why I thought giving you the actual game data from this season might get you to think a little more about an alternate POV.

If you choose to continue posting, that's great. I love having conversations with other passionate Trojans. But do not mistake me for some brainless follower who will just go with what everyone else is saying.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  8. Ccoralles

Ccoralles Junior Member

Dec 18, 2019
    3 year deal is perfect for GH. He has talent to compete next year and one more after. Those results should have him in demand for other positions of HC or NFL OC as long as he produces results. So that 3rd year, when he is facing the bare cupboard it will be easy for him to walk away or have to buy out of his final year remaining. It’s a smart deal for GH, and let’s face it, GH offense looks a lot better than Clay and Tee have been rolling out.

Next up, find a DC that actually plays assignment football and puts players in correct positions to play that way. That should not be difficult to upgrade at DC.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  9. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Dec 18, 2019
    NOW YOU ARE ENGAGING IN LIES and being an asshole. I have no requirement to argue with you and I really don't give a shit about your opinion enough to do so. You love Harrell - I don't. There's the only FACT the matters here.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  10. USCTrojan1990

USCTrojan1990 Points Member

Dec 18, 2019
    I've heard that Harrell basically has no interaction with Helton and that his office is almost completely empty, like he is basically a lone wolf on the USC staff. Anybody else with knowledge of this? I really like the new offense personally, it might be the only way for us to field a decent team in this era of 7-on-7 on the west coast

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  11. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Dec 18, 2019
    Harrell is really close with Seth Doege and John David Baker and he mentioned yesterday that he spends a lot of time with them in the office. There were definitely reports when Harrell was interviewing for other jobs that something that could keep him at USC was how much he likes the autonomy Helton has given him over the offense.

USCTrojan1990 and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  12. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Dec 18, 2019
    I almost read this as John David Booty

zitorocks likes this.
  13. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Dec 19, 2019
    Not sure where I lied, would love to see what I lied about. But whatever, enjoy your day and have a great Christmas.

Troken likes this.
  14. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Dec 19, 2019
    Gentlemen! You are letting your emotions get the best of you! Both of you are two of my favorite contributors here. Can’t we just get along? :) fight on

Troken and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  15. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Dec 19, 2019
    I disagree about Jountii. He fumbled the one time and since then was the go to RB when SC needed the 3rd and short.

16. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 19, 2019
    Speaking of which and totally off-topic....his nephew, General Booty, 2021, is a QB at JSerra. I think he holds one offer.

Rodgarnay51 and norcalsurfer like this.
  17. in2nation

in2nation Junior Member

Dec 19, 2019
    "General" Booty...?
    That's amazing!

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  18. Marlon Brown

Marlon Brown Points Member

Dec 19, 2019
    Great....we just over-paid for indefinite pussy football.

19. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Dec 19, 2019
    All I know is that the offense was night and day better than Tee Martin's, and Harrell was in his first year, as was Slovis. As long as SC can field a decent offensive line next year, they will be a threat to score on every play. Harrell was just getting started, IMO.

Now if they could just do something about Baxter and Clancy. . . Because if they don't, they'll have to do something about Helton too.

20. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Dec 19, 2019
    Pretty funny too!!

in2nation likes this.