GA and Auburn

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by TroyBill, Oct 3, 2020.

1. GA and Auburn
    TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Oct 3, 2020
    GA has a freshman starting. Don’t know if JT will play. You should see the size of this crowd?? I will say no more.

LDIABootney likes this.

2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Oct 3, 2020
    Sanford holds 93000. Seating capacity for this season's 4 home games was announced at 20%. They did a good job of spreading them around.

BTW, students were given access via lottery to 3,200 seats per game. In a normal year, ALL freshman get tickets for the season, and then seniors get next priority, with juniors and sophomores getting a couple games each. This year, freshman and seniors were given 30% each of the allocation, juniors got 20%, sophomores were 15%, and grad students got the remaining 5%. No student got more than one game. With so few home games, lots of disappointed students, particularly freshmen who didn't get even one game.

Troy70 and 901 Club like this.
  3. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Oct 3, 2020
    I wonder why the pac 12 has not figured all of this out. That being said, with the way Bennett has been playing JT may never get in.

4. Bartner

Bartner Junior Member

Oct 3, 2020
    JT will never play this year unless it’s mop up time, or injuries or Covid. How he ever was rated so high with the body of an out of shape 45 year old I’ll never know.

Peete2Affholter likes this.
  5. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Oct 3, 2020
    I watched the last quarter. 2 Georgia QBs played but not JT. Seems like JT is 3rd string at best.

gubo&palanka and LDIABootney like this.
  6. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Oct 3, 2020
    Bennet is better than JT Daniels

7. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Oct 3, 2020
    Was JT medically cleared finally?

8. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Oct 3, 2020
    He was cleared earlier this week. He should of stayed at SC he would of been 2nd string.

9. ICEnEC

ICEnEC Points Member

Oct 3, 2020
    So a 5* QB, leaves a school because he is 2nd string. At his new school, he's 3rd string behind a freshman and a former walk-on. Funny how things work out sometimes.

10. PacTrojan

PacTrojan Junior Member

Oct 4, 2020
    Announced attendance was 20,524 (22% of the stadium's 92,746 capacity).

11. OrangeBill

OrangeBill Points Member

Oct 4, 2020
    This is my first contribution in quite a while as there seemed little to talk about apart from speculation, carping and griping. My, ahem, speculation, is that this is going to have an unhappy ending for J.T. and dad. You cannot stage manage your way to the NFL. You actually have to demonstrate ability and talent against topflight competition. As my handle indicates, I live in OC and saw JT numerous times on TV, City Stadium and elsewhere. I was never impressed and came away rather suspicious. I never saw him as a savior, the next-in-line of great Trojan QBs. First, I noticed that his receivers were creating yards of space between themselves and defenders and the yards-after- catch were phenomenal. Was it JT or was it Amon-Ra? Or was it Nikko Remigio or Mike Martinez? Then there was this big receiver with speed who threw off defenders with ease--Bru McCoy. He stood behind an offensive line with Tommy Brown (Bama), Chris Murray (UCLA) and the others went to Boise St. or other high major. On most occasions JT just sat back, unhurried and typically untouched, while choosing one of those great receivers to throw. Most of all, he seemed to lack mobility when forced to move. More recently, someone has used the word "nimble" to describe what a QB needs to escape pressure and keep a play alive. JT does not have very much of it. Now he has to compete. He ran away in the face of the rise of Slovis. Now he's faced with a worse situation at UGA. Bennett has established himself as the starter and then there's HS #1 Brock Vandergriff waiting in the wings. What's next? I'm guessing one of the lesser Power 5s like Indiana, Northwestern, Duke or maybe even Kansas. God knows Les Miles needs players.

Peete2Affholter and gubo&palanka like this.
  12. The Lizard King

The Lizard King Junior Member

Oct 4, 2020
    I'd laugh if he transferred again -- this time to the bRuins or UND.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  13. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Oct 4, 2020
    Your evaluation parallels my own. I was always a skeptic, saw nothing two years ago to change my mind....I think he has a long way to go to get to the NFL.....We have had people who were better, who could not play there.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  14. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Oct 5, 2020
    The simple aspect that I picked up on, as trivial as it sounds, was his immaturity and awkwardness. The hairstyle he chose while at SC, decision to get that loud SC tattoo (doesn't look so great now), and how he changed his hairdo while at GA (he knows what will/won't fly there). He's an awkward kid, carried along his childhood by FB, powerhouse programs and his father...has no real grounding. Complete opposite of Darnold.

I'm glad we landed him as recruiting wins of that caliber bring other side-benefits and at least show our program has a heartbeat. But he was never going to be the man.

Peete2Affholter and OrangeBill like this.
  15. OrangeBill

OrangeBill Points Member

Oct 5, 2020

16. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Oct 5, 2020
    Hairstyle? Lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You see a huge difference there, do you.

He isn't awkward as much as more of an introvert. Add to that he was the starter at Mater Dei as a freshman. I guarantee you he wasn't "welcome" in the way another player would who has been around, had the opportunity to build a bond with other players. What he did at Mater Dei speaks for itself. And then he left to start USC early....and again as a freshman earned the starting position by beating out Fink and Sears. True freshmen don't always made an immediate leadership adjustment. I don't see the coaching staff at being particularly adept in facilitating that.

And now once again, he's an "outsider" on a team FULL of Georgians, many of whom had already built a bond with Mathis. When Kirby takes it to the 11th hour to announce a starter, and JT hadn't been cleared, what kind of leadership is he having a shot at? I'm not even discussing his physical abilities. It's about confidence and timing and the right fit. And who the heck saw Stetson Bennett doing what he's done? To me, it will always be an unknown as to what he might have done at USC if he'd had proper protection and better coaching.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  17. silversprint

silversprint Junior Member

Oct 5, 2020
    JT is medically cleared but his knee is still untested. Coaches have indicated they want to make sure is knee is ready before they let him play.

18. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Oct 5, 2020
    I see a big enough difference, and the difference was bigger from the game video this weekend. He's lost the shaggier long hair and cropped it shorter, and lost the little beard thing.

And yes, he is awkward AF! Barkey had similar stature and almost the exact same path (started at MD as a Soph I think), and exuded 10x's the charisma/confidence than JT ever did.

I'm sure he knew he was walking into a completely difference culture at GA than he's ever known, but he took that leap anyway. He was off to a good start last season, we'll never know what could have been. We do know Slovis accomplished more w/ basically the same OL than JT did the year prior. After watching them both play, don't think there's anyone at SC that would prefer JT.

19. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Oct 5, 2020
    I haven’t seen anything from the two UGA QB’s that knocked my socks off. Bennet has been ok, but there has been absolutely no pressure on him, especially with Georgia’s defense, which is arguably the best in the nation. All he really did was hand off. When your line is creating running lanes like that, and you have a D like that, all you really have to do is be a game manager. Pretty much like most Georgia QB’s.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  20. LaissezFaire28thStUSC

LaissezFaire28thStUSC Junior Member

Oct 8, 2020
    While I agree with those who question JT's mobility, he did make some plays at USC. Maybe he should have stayed and worked hard? He lost his starting job at USC to an injury. He could have gotten it back that way too.