Fiesta bowl announcement?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by CurtC, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Fiesta bowl announcement?
    CurtC

CurtC Junior Member

Dec 3, 2017
    i apologize for asking this on an existing thread, but I'm kinda desperate at this point. Based on what I had read/heard, I purchased tickets to the Fiesta Bowl this morning. Shortly thereafter the change to the Cotton Bowl was announced. I'm trying to get a refund from a ticket broker, but am struggling with whether it was announced anywhere that we were headed to Glendale, as I thought it had been. It'll make my argument a little stronger. Thanks in advance.

2. VM805

VM805 Junior Member

Dec 3, 2017
    I'll give you a clue...

It's white, fluffy, and it keeps you cool when worn.

3. listen2menow&hearmelater

listen2menow&hearmelater Junior Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Nah. You're gonna have to put those tickets out on Stub Hub or similar. You should be OK on getting your money back through resale.

4. tommytrojan1122

tommytrojan1122 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2017
    I think the cbs sports site prematurely announced a USC - Penn State Fiesta Bowl. They published a retraction later. That may help.

5. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Stubhub and check the Cbs site. Good luck w this. I hope you get your money back. Im betting you arent alone

6. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 4, 2017
    In another thread, it was pointed out that AZCentral went with that match up.....
    http://www.onenewspage.com/n/Sports/75ekdu88h/USC-Penn-State-will-play-in-Fiesta-Bowl.htm

They fairly quickly printed a retraction. CBS had projected that match up but that was before the actual announcement. I think buying the ticket before it's official from the actual Cotton Bowl Committee or a major news station such as ESPN which hosted the announcement show is going to be your undoing. I'd be shockingly surprised if the broker offered a refund but if demand starts to increase they might.