Felicity Huffman gets 14 days in prison

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by 901 Club, Sep 13, 2019.

2. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 13, 2019
    Interesting.

She pleaded guilty, right?

Look out Lori.

jjg4sc likes this.
  3. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Sep 13, 2019
    She owned her shit. Justice is served. I think Felicity Huffman showed a rare trait in Hollywood— accountability

TroyBill likes this.
  4. Jpltrojan

Jpltrojan Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Looking forward to the court's response to no accountability. Bet she is too.

5. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    For the most part I agree. What I didn't like to hear were her comments to the court last week where she talked about how motherhood didn't come naturally to her and that she struggled with being a parent. Her husband wrote a similar letter on her behalf saying the same thing, that she really struggled as a mom and wasn't always sure what decisions to make. Give me a break.

DJ4SC and fssca51 like this.
  6. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I am with you Veebs. This lady more than likely had nannies. If you look at their kids it tells you a lot about the parents. These two are very wealthy and had advantages over you and my bride Mrs Troybill. We had 3 kids plus one adopted. No nannies. You two gutted it out. She and Lori struggled as mom's because I would imagine they did not invest enough time in them. Hence they felt they could use their money and influence to help them instead of being a mother and giving of themselves. Maybe it is just me, but your road and Mrs. Troybill's was a hell of lot harder than those two.

7. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Give me a break indeed.
    Maybe she should have never had kids?......just a thought.

Don't we all have the same struggles when making decisions? The only difference is most here do not throw money to cheat as we except whatever the verdict may be for our kids or we fundamentally change the circumstances.

8. USCTFL

USCTFL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I would have like to see her pay for someone else's Tuition as part of her sentence.

9. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    For the most part, yes, all parents struggle with choices and decisions. Yes, the big difference is they had the money to do things the RIGHT WAY if they had wanted! They could have paid for tutors. They could have invested in a variety of learning aids. They could have chosen to give up some of their Hollywood life to stay and home and reinforce the importance of education and to let their kids know it mattered to them!

The cruelest aspect of their choices is what it said to their daughter.....we don't believe in you enough to think you can do it on your own. Your parent is supposed to be the one(s) who supports you no matter what. And frankly, if they get into a school that is academically beyond their abilities, that will be a painful experience so why do it?
    I mean the fine is $30,000....wouldn't even cover a full year at a UC, maybe a cal state. I still wonder what school her daughter was trying to get in to as it's never been printed.

USCTFL, TroyBill and DJ4SC like this.
  10. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    And yet people fail to see how this will negatively affect generations. Success/failure is a part of life.
    Not everyone can be in the top.

11. reTiredEngr

reTiredEngr Junior Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Agree! As parents, we often have to make choices when it comes to our children. My wife didn't work for several years and I turned down promotions after our kids were born just so we could be around to help them start out the right way. Yes, it was difficult for a few years, especially financially, but having watched our kids develop, mature and establish themselves, we have no regrets and are extremely proud of them; they worked hard, never backed down from any challenges and, most importantly, show high moral ethics. It is amazing how much young people can accomplish with just a little support from family.

901 Club likes this.