Even FuCLA is better than Gomer

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by OC2SC, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Even FuCLA is better than Gomer
    OC2SC

OC2SC Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Instead of the delusional bullshit Doughboy spews in his pressers after the latest blowout loss about how proud he was of his warriors, how great the other team is, and how bright our future is, blah, blah blah, read the below quotes from FuCLA's coach after their loss (LOL) in basketball to CSUF.

"I apologize to our fans for our defensive effort once again," Cronin said..... We're not good enough to win with offense..... I apologize to people that took the time out of their Saturday that had to come and watch this. Our defensive effort is beyond sickening. Beyond sickening. Sickening at the highest level."

Wouldn't this be refreshing to hear from Gomer? Although if he actually had that vaunted "integrity" rather than being a con man, we would need to hear this 9-10 times a season

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Troy70, gubo&palanka and ConquerorSC like this.

2. FIGHTON!

FIGHTON! Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    ??????

Fight on! Beat the Tide! Fight on!

TrojanHorse likes this.
  3. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    I would be okay if Helton did the typical coach-speak of not saying anything of substance in the pressers, if he gave hell to his players and coaches behind closed doors about effort and execution being piss poor, etc.

Unfortunately what you see is what you get from him. He's the kindly, slightly senile substitute teacher that everyone loves because they know they cam goof off in class with no bad consequences.

I'm thinking that unless Helton manages a breakout season next year, he will be gone. Or, that's my wish, anyway.

What I fear is that he might buy himself yet another year with a year like this one - a year where, at least on paper, they did OK, had a nice win over a top 10 team, and qualified for a bowl. Not a bad year for the University of Southern California Bearcats...

4. Oregon Trojan

Oregon Trojan Points Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Noticed during this bowl season several leading coaches dropping the f bomb (Coach Smart several times to his players), destroying a set of head phones in frustration (Coach Saban), and Coach O screaming at his defense to stop Oklahoma from scoring late in the 4th quarter. If Gentleman Clay were to do any of that, Folt would fire him on the spot because it lacks decorum and personal integrity. Maybe that's what we need is for Helton to slip just once on National TV to get him fired.

5. SoCal93

SoCal93 Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Or the USC Gamecocks

ConquerorSC likes this.
  6. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Jan 2, 2020
    You need to buy yourself one of these outfits while you express your love for the bRuins.
    download - 2019-12-06T063058.648.jpeg

7. tjfan001

tjfan001 Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    No. YOU are the one who has been bRuin trolls for years and Crado ass kisser. However, I don't think you need to buy one because you already have plenty.

OC was just showing how fake Credo is compared to the bRuin's BBall coach, at least the latter has the guts to admit the faults in his team.

OC2SC likes this.
  8. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Now we are comparing UCLA basketball coaches to USC football?

9. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020

I know you’re trying to make a point about Helton not facing up to inadequacies and mistakes, but this bRuin basketball example is not ideal, either.

Any rip on players by a coach also has to address blame on the coaches for failing to teach/instill/grind into the players what they are trying to achieve. You can’t just throw the players under the bus.

From your quote, Cronin doesn’t address his coaching staff’s underperformance.

Troy4 me likes this.
  10. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Refreshing?! Are you serious? I read/hear nothing but cheap blame-shifting from an angry coach to his players. If that's integrity to you, you lost any right to judge Helton's supposed lack of it.

conquest4ever81 likes this.
  11. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    He did this while they were ahead by a huge margin. I miss CEO.

12. LoyalTrojan

LoyalTrojan Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    upload_2020-1-2_20-11-24.jpeg

OC2SC likes this.
  13. OC2SC

OC2SC Junior Member

Jan 2, 2020
    The coach didn't say the players shot poorly, made poor decisions, or made any other type of errors. He solely called out his perception of their complete lack of effort. This is offensive to an 18-22 year old college athlete?

You are ok with college scholarship athletes going through the motions? So apparently is Gomer with his lack of discipline where the inmates run the asylum and multiple players laugh and joke while we are getting blown out.

When the team puts out an embarrassing performance it is refreshing that the coach doesn't insult the fan base like Gomer does every single time with his platitudes and spin about how great the game went. That is not integrity.

ConquerorSC likes this.
  14. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Jan 3, 2020
    download - 2020-01-03T062556.038.jpeg
    Son, my best suggestion for you is to show your pride by slipping on your baby blue and urine yellow skirt, matching panties with pom poms then brush up on your 8-clap.

15. SCBirnkrant81

SCBirnkrant81 Junior Member

Jan 3, 2020
    One of Clay Helton's (many) shortcomings as a coach is that he wants to please everybody in the room. That type of personality makes him likable in the short term, but since he tends to slightly bend the facts to please all, the truth will surface soon enough making his nice guy act unbearable and him hard to trust in the long run.

16. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Jan 3, 2020
    Let me give you an educator's principle: "You haven't taught until they've learned." That puts the onus where it belongs...on the teacher. A coach is a teacher. If the players aren't executing, it's your fault. Blaming "effort" is nothing more than a cop out for a lazy coach who refuses to take responsibility for his failures. It's also poor leadership for the buck starts and stops at that. Disciplining players is certainly part of that leadership but a good coach does that privately, not in public to save face at the expense of his kids. There's zero integrity in that. Helton has faults--all coaches do--but protecting his kids from public ridicule is one of his strengths.

17. ScMafia

ScMafia Points Member

Jan 3, 2020
    When the going gets tough, conquest gets on his knees and sucks