Eric Bieniemy @ SC?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by RobertSmithLA, Jan 7, 2020.

1. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

Jan 8, 2020
    I didn’t want to crucify him to begin with. I was responding to your comments alone that seems to be double speak.... the face that you should have many others but didn’t get caught seems to suggest it’s a harmless behavior.

2. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

Jan 8, 2020
    BTW

You are a real asshole for generalizing and normalizing the behavior by asserting everyone on the bird has at some point driven while under the influence whether they were caught or not.

I have NEVER done it and I’m sure most of the people here haven’t either.

DADMoyock likes this.
  3. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Jan 8, 2020
    You’ve never had a beer or glass of wine with dinner and then driven?

4. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

Jan 8, 2020
    no.

but if I did it would hardly fit the description of driving while under the influence or impaired...

One could have a glass of wine and not be the least bit impaired.

but to clarify again I have not done that.

DADMoyock likes this.
  5. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Jan 8, 2020
    Well, you’re a unicorn then

if you take a drink, and drive, you are under the influence. Not necessarily impaired, but definitely under the influence. That’s why they have the .08 cutoff. I try to never have more than two, of anything,.

Two pitchers of Margariitas, and done.
    JK

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    TheTrojanKnight and jjg4sc like this.
  6. KingKelby

KingKelby Member

Jan 8, 2020
    I mention the same-thing on another Board. I would like for SC to make a run at him.

7. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Jan 8, 2020
    I think Ruff is in solitary confinement after finally being caught....he disappeared

8. KingKelby

KingKelby Member

Jan 8, 2020
    Wtf are u taking about thug? The latest incident was over 17 years ago. Smh

TheTrojanKnight and OxyTrojan like this.
  9. dbw021

dbw021 Junior Member

Jan 8, 2020
    Once again, certain folks are condemning a person for something that they did 20 to 30 years ago when they were kids. Bienemy walked a fine line when he was young. But, most people grow up and learn from their mistakes. Bienemy was a great college running back out of Bishop Amat. Other posters have mentioned the circumstances of why he went to Colorado. Coach McCartney was building a power house at Colorado in the late 80's.

I was working and living in Denver area during that period of time. I got a kick out of how many So Cal kids McCartney was recruiting to Colorado. I think it was the year that they won the national championship that their entire offensive backfield was from So Cal area.

That being said, I don't really Bienemy is qualified for HFC at USC because he doesn't have any head coaching experience on this level. I think the program really needs a proven HFC that can deal with the administration.

LDIABootney likes this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Just 12 years ago Joe Judge was a graduate assistant in college. His entire NFL career has been spent with the Patriots including being a special assistant coach just 5 years ago. The Giants think he's good enough to be their head coach. Eric Bienemy has been coaching for 17 years. Hes got a ton of NFL experience and ties to this conference which makes him great from a recruiting standpoint. I think he's got plenty on his resume to be considered as a head coach at USC.

trackdude, OxyTrojan and AnArchitect like this.
  11. dbw021

dbw021 Junior Member

Jan 9, 2020
    I agree that he has a good resume and that he has qualifications to be consider as HFC. But, just my personal experience, I would like to see someone that already has HFC experience. It is a huge jump from being assistant to the head guy and, from my pastI experiences, I think it is really hard to project whether a guy is going to be successful as HFC. Right now, I don't think that USC can afford another miss on their HFC. But, I wish Bienemy nothing but success whatever he does. I really enjoyed watching him play at Colorado.

12. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Jan 9, 2020
    He was O coordinator at Colorado 2011-20012. He couldn’t recruit or coordinate an O, and he did a lot of bragging that he would be a great recruiter. He said in the local papers he would pull recruits from Louisiana, Texas, and SoCal, and failed.

13. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Except the Giants don't seem to have a problem with Joe Judge having absolutely 0 head coaching experience.

Sure, head coaching experience in college would be great but we are not exactly in a position to demand those kinds of things. And I think just about anybody would be an improvement over what we have.
    He didn't say anything different than anyone else in that position would have. That was 7 years ago. The fact is, local kids, high school kids,would see him in a different light than you do right now. What hes done with the Chiefs offense this season is enough to turn young heads.

Not to mention I would love to get back to someone who has a run-first mentality.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    DADMoyock likes this.
  14. dbw021

dbw021 Junior Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Well, I am with you on the run first concept. And, I completely agree with you that almost anybody would be better than Helton.
    As for Joe Judge being hired by Giants, I have to be honest I don't really follow pro football. I am sure that Judge has great qualifications and I wish him the best of luck. I just have personal believe that I want someone to have already flown the plane a lot of times before I get on it.

I disagree about USC not being in the position to hire an experienced proven HFC. We are a disaster, right now, but USC still could become national power again within 24 month period. Pete Carroll proved that. I have to think there are some quality, experienced HFC's around college football that would love the opportunity to coach at the school. Like I said, I know we are a mess right now but if Bohn cleans up some of the mess, I still think it is an attractive opportunity.

I enjoy your insights uscvball

15. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Nor should people drink and post, remember that big dummy cstory got wasted and then empathically posted that scsupefan’s family should die a painful death in a fire. It was a meltdown of meltdowns. A good friend of mine once said computers and phones should have breathalyzers.

DADMoyock likes this.
  16. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Jan 9, 2020
    yeah...but he enlisted because Hussein got elected....so I gotta respect that....

DADMoyock likes this.
  17. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Judge really only has one qualification....he worked for Belicheck and with Brady. I'm sure he's being paid as much for that as any "real" qualification. If I wanted to play the race card, he does happen to be a white guy.

There's good and bad about experience. 20 years of bad experience produces, well, bad results. All head coaches have to have a chance to become one at some point. I hate that USC could be the place to provide that but here we are.

Pete Carroll was hired almost 20 years ago. 20! He walked in the door saying that he planned to push the rules, tip-toe on the line, and occasionally cross the line. A lot has changed since then and most of it not in the interest of a successful football program.

Ditto.

18. djh36

djh36 Junior Member

Jan 9, 2020
    USCvball, in general i am in agreement with your points overall and believe Bienemy deserves the chance to prove himself as a head coach but I believe Judge being hired had a lot, lot more to do with him working under a successful program, for Belichick with Brady. My gut tells me in this case, Judge being white probably had almost nothing to do with him being hired, other than teams placing way too much emphasis on a coach that's worked under Bill Belichick. Don't forget that Brian Flores (who is black) came out of the Belichick tree with no prior head coaching experience to get the head coaching job at Miami this past year.

19. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jan 9, 2020
    This ^^^ is the adult approach to this matter. I agree and commend your comment to be both clear headed and profoundly true. No one is the same person today in their 40s and 50s etc. than the person they were in their twenties - no one. Both mentally and physically the body has nearly completely replaced itself from its dividing cells to its memories held within brain cells. To hold anyone to such an unrealistically high standard today for something they did wrong in their budding youth is just flat out wrong. That's the opposite of being a rational human being. I don't want to live under that brutal type of world thinking. I would clarify more but I think there's a virus infecting this site making it difficult to type text without it being erased. It took me twenty minutes to type one paragraph!

20. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Bieniemy grew up in the L.A. area and I think, "gets it" as far as understanding what the USC football legacy is. He's also a former running back, has had NFL experience as both a player and coach, and if we're also using the color card, I think the fact that he's black could help in keeping young black L.A. area players in L.A.

He might also wind up a disaster like Helton. However, his resume is loads better than Helton's was when he was hired.