Enfield, Anderson readying for new season with plenty of new faces (from Rich Ruben)

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by ErikMcKinney, Jun 18, 2020.

2. Alta Loma Trojan

Alta Loma Trojan Junior Member

Jun 18, 2020
    I like that EA was with CAE during the meeting with the season ticket holders. Leadership is key at PG. He may even equal or surpass JMac who is one of my all time favorites. I'm looking forward to 3 more years.
    And to think this board wanted CAE's head? He is doing pretty darn well and hopefully can make it to the sweet 16 soon.
    Our D was very good last year mainly due to Big O in the middle and JM taking on their best perimeter shooter. Both are gone. I hope the Mobley's can bring some brotherly D and then we have a good replacement with an experienced Morgan the following year who can block shots and intimidate like Big O.
    There is a lot to look forward to.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  3. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Morgan was very impressive when I saw him. Not much offense but he's tall and he can move. Too bad the Trojans won't have him and Mobley the same season. I don't see Anderson surpassing McLaughlin. Anderson might be more athletic but McLaughlin was one of the best PGs I've seen at USC. One of my all-time favorite Trojans. Having said that I think Anderson is a hard worker and he might have a very high ceiling. I just hope he loses the out-of-control drives that don't have a chance.

Alta Loma Trojan likes this.
  4. usc88

usc88 Junior Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Anderson is faster and can pass just as well. The problem is he can’t shoot.
    Another ball handler is going to be needed.
    Another combo type guard would makes things better

Alta Loma Trojan likes this.
  5. Alta Loma Trojan

Alta Loma Trojan Junior Member

Jun 19, 2020
    As a freshman, JMac shot 40%, 27% from 3, 65% from the line.
    He improved as a soph to 50%, 42%, and 74%.
    If I remember correctly in one of Rich's articles, CAE said that EA is ahead of JMac as a Freshman.
    I'm happy with EA at PG especially if he stays 3 or 4 years.
    He is better than the Ruin PG by far and the Ore and AZ stud PG's are gone.
    I expect big improvement.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  6. Eeks2284

Eeks2284 Junior Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Anderson has a chance to be a good one, but J-Mac's the GOAT. When the game's on the line, there's no one I trust more to make the right play.

usc88 and Rodgarnay51 like this.