dear Iowa fans

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by BehindSunset, Dec 11, 2019.

1. dear Iowa fans
    BehindSunset

BehindSunset Junior Member

Dec 11, 2019
    understand one thing: it's likely not your fault but of all of the really obnoxious fans we deal with year in and year out, the last time we played you guys in a bowl, your fans were absolutely the WORST. Disgusting, drunk, assholes. I imagine the respectful ones posting here aren't like that but I'll tell you that anyone who witnessed Carson Palmer teach you a lesson - and honestly your fans that day got served a real lesson - LIVE knows what I'm talking about.
    So with that in mind, welcome to our board but understand that your fan base - the last time we saw you - was really really bad. So, come in peace, we respect our opponents etc. but just be aware of the context here.

2. Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander Points Member

Dec 11, 2019
    They kept asking me Where my sheep are at and then gave the universal sign for cunnilingus.

3. Cardinalblood

Cardinalblood Junior Member

Dec 11, 2019
    When we first got there as soon as we got out of the car they said to us "Why did you come so far to get your asses kicked" I told them our team does its talking on the field. That did not go over very well and it was as if they were just looking for trouble and for a fight. Our group was sitting below a large group of Iowa fans and we were cheering our team on like NORMAL fans do, and then the rain of piss filled water bottles came down on us. They were the worst fans I have ever been around. And that is saying a lot since we have to deal with Oregon, Cal and UCLA fans who are pretty bad, but not that bad! LOL.

4. TrojanMoondoggie

TrojanMoondoggie Junior Member

Dec 12, 2019
    I agree. They were awful. Real standouts, in the negative sense of the word, with regard to all the OOC teams we’ve played in bowls, etc.

5. AxisBoldAsKIrk

AxisBoldAsKIrk Member

Dec 12, 2019
    Was that Orange Bowl pretty much like a home game for Iowa?
    Iowa fans drunk from their teams success and Busch Light heavily outnumbering the other teams highbrow Californee fans is certainly not a good mix.

6. Moose4usc

Moose4usc Junior Member

Dec 12, 2019
    I was down there for a few days before the game and can't tell you how many times I heard, "We are gonna crush you soft California pussies." I usually laughed it off and said something like, "Oh just wait, you will see."

After that opening kickoff they returned for a td, they were so loud! And then the rest of the game was something like 38-3 good guys. That was pretty fun.

7. SC87

SC87 Points Member

Dec 12, 2019
    I remember there was an enormous Iowa contingent at the Orange Bowl. And the most pregame drinking that I have ever seen. They also left early when the game got out of hand and the stands were nearly empty at the end.

8. 1988Trojan

1988Trojan Junior Member

Dec 12, 2019
    They are literally pigs ... unfortunately, we have only dipstick Gomer in their way because they will act like they defeated the combined teams 2004 and 1972. Not this garbage Gomer produces.

9. AxisBoldAsKIrk

AxisBoldAsKIrk Member

Dec 13, 2019
    [​IMG]

qqqqqqqman likes this.
  10. NoVaTrojan

NoVaTrojan Member

Dec 14, 2019
    I was there too and boy were they assholes. When they ran that opening kickoff back to the house. I was thinking its going to be a long night. That turned out to be their only highlight. Those A-holes were so quiet after. They were still foaming at the mouth slobbering Aholes but with a lot less smack. That said and done, our Kickoff coverage is even worse this year; they could do the same thing to us a couple of times

11. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Junior Member

Dec 14, 2019
    Teams thinking SC (or any west coast team generally) is/was soft is nothing new. Even when Peter was the coach and SC was rolling, Bob Stoops knew Oklahoma would push SC around at the Orange Bowl, and Auburn’s Mr. Crittenden knew he wasn’t supposed to say it, but said it anyway: “they got nothin’ on our defense.”

We used to be confident SC would prove them wrong. Now, not as much confidence.

12. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Dec 14, 2019
    After that Iowa game is when I developed that steely confidence. Though I have to admit, even the beginning of next year was still up in the air since we had the two Matt's battling it out to be the starter and the one that took the competition didn't exactly light it up for the first few games. It went pretty well after that though didn't it?

83Gunn and DJ4SC like this.
  13. TrojanMoondoggie

TrojanMoondoggie Junior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    You know, there really is a very fine line separating some human beings....and the animal kingdom. Actually, you almost have to respect the animal kingdom more. They don't have the highly developed brains we do.

Makes me think of my ex-beau who was a Texas A&M guy, through and through. From the Corps of Cadets, onward. He said his dad would tell him stories of his alma mater playing LSU when their fans would turn over outhouses with opposing fans inside. Made me think of the season it was up in the air as to who USC was to play in our bowl. And LSU was our potential contender. I remember an LSU fan coming on the boards and saying that if we played them in New Orleans we'd better not wear our SC gear. Because if we did we'd see how inhospitable the people in Louisiana could become. Real fast. I was like, 'Damn!'

14. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    And this is a very big (and serious) reason why I don’t wear my favorite sports teams outside of California.
    Say what you want about our taxes, politics, smog and the like, but this state is practically a big jug of Neapolitan ice cream.

You can like whomever you want and it is basically stays within the realms of RESPECTFUL trash talk majority of the time.
    I already am a loose cannon, and I wouldn’t take too kind to anyone pushing the limit because I am a USC fan anywhere outside of CA or PAC-12 country.
    You will have a 6’3 220lbs angry black man to deal with.