"Could've Been" so beautiful .....

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by djgcue, Jan 12, 2016.

1. "Could've Been" so beautiful .....
    djgcue

djgcue Junior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Slow day at work post, but I got to thinking and I'm sure other's have thought about it too. If the whole Reggie Tushy incident hadn't occurred and SC didn't have sanction imposed, would SC have been battling it out with Alabama during its long championship run?

Personally, I believe SC was already starting to falter as it appeared the Pac 10 teams started to figured out Carroll,.
    I know water under the bridge, but I thought this would make an interesting morning conversation.

2. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    In wake of carrolls departure we would have been able to bring in another proven name instead of giving the keys to lane

3. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Uh huh...poor Pete Carroll and his obvious coaching skills decline. Those two Super Bowl appearances with one win and having the #1 ranked defenses five years running in the ultimate pro sports league on earth clearly shows how eroded his coaching skills have become. Oh please. NEXT FALLACY! YOU'RE UP!

4. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    It's all about your staff... Pete let his staff become pupils of Pete and not teachers of football.

5. T0mmyTr0jan

T0mmyTr0jan Junior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    NO, Pete always had great defenses. His team's faltered because of BOOTY and SANCHEZ. Those two clowns lost us a lot of games. We went into OSU with a Freshman QB in Barkley and won under Caroll. If we don't go on sanctions and he doesn't leave, we would have won a title with him. I mean, even Kiffin won a lot of games with the team Carroll recruited.

6. SeattleTrojan

SeattleTrojan Junior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    The biggest difference between the two (outside of one failed miserably in the NFL) is that Saban's teams got the benefit of the doubt to get into the NC game/playoffs. Bama had only 1 undefeated season under Saban, but they've played in 6 BCS/playoffs. PC had 5 seasons of one loss or less and played in only 2 BCS games.

7. TrojanEsq.

TrojanEsq. Junior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Agreed, I think we could have beaten OSU in 2002, Florida in 2006, LSU in 2007, and Florida in 2008. At the very least, we would have played the champs tougher than their respective opponents did in those years.