Coronavirus gains ground in Europe

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by 901 Club, Feb 24, 2020.

1. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Feb 24, 2020
    food, medical, military and construction materials are highly regulated

2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Feb 24, 2020
    I just want to say I am grateful to the judge who blocked the move of confirmed cases from Travis AFB to a dilapidated, ill-equipped abandoned building in Costa Mesa. It wasn't even in good enough shape to house homeless but they wanted to move infected patients in to it? Good grief.

old scotty and DJ4SC like this.
  3. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Not those things in that space between your ears but actual facts supported with links.

4. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Feb 24, 2020
    I suggest a much more secure location, and closer to the Chinese point of origin.

[​IMG]

Nancy Pelosi's house.

5. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Feb 24, 2020
    They need Commie liars in Cuba

SCBIGTIME likes this.
  6. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Colonel: This is an interesting thread. I posted a comment about the fact that it cost 1.58% to borrow cash overnight and 1.35% to borrow cash for 10 years. I got back comments about DFARS, the Great Recession being a mild recession, and your laughable analysis of the stock markets. Maybe it's a full moon?

Did I mention that you can borrow cash for 1.58% interest for 24 hours and/or 1.35% for 10 years? Do you see anything wrong with that scenario?

The Globe trades $7 trillion each night in the Repurchase Markets. The total value of the US stock markets is $34 trillion, which makes it puny compared to the REPO markets.

BTW - I'm not creating some scenario, I'm simply explaining it and as I mentioned a month or so ago, I am short currencies against the dollar in anticipation of what is unfolding right now.

A more interesting scenario is the money markets are headed into negative territory. Legally, it can't actually happen in the US, but it means that Bank's interest margins will be negative.

7. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Feb 24, 2020
    I don't know. I have been making 10-12% return on buying short term mortgages (interest only) and have been doing it successfully for 10 years.

8. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Colonel: No offense, but you are full of shit. 10 years ago, the US housing market was in the middle of foreclosing on 9.3 million homes. Nobody in their right mind was originating "short-term interest only loans at that time, because it was impossible to foreclose on the loans. Try again.

9. dp4life

dp4life Points Member

Feb 24, 2020
    GaryB - the self-proclaimed Economic Nostradamus!
    LMAO with his hindsight rhetoric.
    I bet he won millions when he predicted the Stanford victory over SC in '07. Just ask him.

10. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Do not insult me. I am a lot of things but one is not a liar. I don't take kindly to be calling a liar especially by someone who I do not know and who does not know my business. You have no clue. What surprises me is that you would make a statement like this. I have been working with a mortgage broker friend for several years. He set me up with clients who needed short term loans. When I started I was getting 1 1/2 -2 points for loan origination and a solid 12% loans. As more people who combined their funds to get into this market interest rates dropped to 10%. Many of the people I provide loans for are flippers. I have only had to foreclose on one person and that is because he died in a fishing accident. I foreclosed on the house and re-sold it at a profit. I provide the loans at 55-60% loan to value to protect myself in case of a foreclosure.

Many of my clients are repeat customers. Your statement shows conclusively that you are clueless and insulting and really do not know what you are talking about. We have had a detente over the years. I have made an effort not to attack you personally. I have disagreed with you. You, however, have called me a liar (full of shit) without having a clue about my real estate transactions but...... have decided I am lying. I do not really give a shit what you believe as long as I continue getting my regular monthly checks.

SCBIGTIME and DJ4SC like this.
  11. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Feb 25, 2020

Yes Colonel, you are correct about garyb.

12. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Feb 25, 2020
    This is garyb in a nutshell....monkey see, monkey do...

"Lying is not a bug in the Chinese system, it's a feature of the Chinese system. Surveillanceof their people is not a bug, it's a feature of their system. Xi [Jinping], you can't believe what he says because his interests are in the Communist Party, not in the good of his own people or the people around the world," Sasse explained.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-sasse-coronavirus-china-lying-communist-xi

SCBIGTIME likes this.
  13. xuscx

xuscx Junior Member

Feb 25, 2020
    I have these Pimco accounts that pay 8-9 % like clockwork, the fact that anyone would buy a 30 year t bill under 2% indicates there is a lot of money out there basically hoarded. Bottom line is we have been giving the super rich free passes for too long

14. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Feb 25, 2020
    How much equity exposure do you have? Can you make up for any losses?

15. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Feb 25, 2020

How many of those are democrats?

Still waiting for my links.......

16. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Feb 25, 2020
    Colonel: Go back and read your original statement. You wrote that you were "buying short-term mortgages". Do you understand the difference between "buying" and "originating"? As I wrote, there is no way that you were "buying" short-term interest only loans in 2010. As for originating paper, your story doesn't make a lot of....

Your scenario of lending at 60% LTV and getting points and interest of 12% from flippers. Why would a "repeat" customer borrow from you for a flip, when they can do a construction or bridge loan at 80% LTV?

Finally, why would a 1st position lender allow you to foreclose in the 2nd position on a property at 60% LTV?

Sorry, but as the guy that didn't make any money while Obama was President and millions under Trump, your tale as a loan shark doesn't make a lot of sense (or maybe its cents) to me.

17. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Feb 25, 2020
    I wish I was an economic expert, 'cause I'm must be missing something.

When a 2nd forecloses the 1st is unaffected. Foreclosing on the 2nd doesn't wipe out the 1st.

The 2nd forecloses because payments are missed on the loan secured by the 2nd. If the loan secured by the 1st is also not being paid, then the 1st can foreclose too. But that's an "if" not in the facts we have.

As to why the 1st would "allow" a foreclosure by the 2nd, I would suggest that it's because the law and practice so provide.

Is there a graph/chart that would prove your claim?

DJ4SC and SCBIGTIME like this.
  18. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Feb 25, 2020
    I don't believe that I have ever seen your name on this board before. You will fit in just fine.

I don't have to be Nostradamus on this board. I simply read the notes from Fox News and I have all of the talking points on this board. It has been a long time since I saw an original thought, outside of favorite movie, restaurant, food, and meme. But, I keep coming back, mostly to see if Keen can herd the cats. So far, Aimee appears to be winning.

I don't suppose that you would like to answer my original question? A virus didn't invert the yield curve, Donald Trump's insane policies did it. But, in this alternate universe, where tariffs are good, deficits are great, zero taxes are fantastic, and building a wall is our primary objective, it shouldn't surprise anyone that having the Treasury issue debt and the Fed buying the debt has become the new norm. Only in a Trump world would this new norm be viewed as a good thing.

And, yes I know how this plays out. I'm simply shocked that you don't.