Clueless

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by xuscx, Jul 22, 2020.

1. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Jul 25, 2020
    It is obvious you do not want a cogent conversation and would rather pull the race card. Pathetic. What you are is self-loathing and guilt ridden and it indicates that you are not as bright as you think you are. It is so easy to pull the race card and it neither takes a lot of smarts and is always handy when you run out of cogent counterpoints. Sorry but I am not taking the bait. People who make accusations like that usually are the ones who have issues with racial diversity.

You keep using the term all blacks? When did I say all blacks? You are twisting the narrative. I said earlier that most blacks want to American dream. I will further state that they are not out supporting BLM as they are too busy trying to make a living and raise their families. There is an element of each population and race that brings down the rest. Open your eyes. Have you ever bothered to ask why the police respond slowly, or that people do not want to put businesses in these inner city neighborhoods, or that teachers are scared to death teaching at these school? My lord you are dense. You have concluded that this all because of racism. I have several friends who have taught in the inner cities. They have fellow teachers who were beaten up and/or threatened by students. I am sorry but your narrative does not wash with me. Quit making excuses. I see no solutions coming from you but a lot of bitching and crying.

This is another ridiculous interpretation that you have made. I never said that. This is what I think you believe. Pathetic notion. Where in any conversation did I even imply that. You are one confused dude if you think that is what I said. I think you make this crap up just to be contrary. I think you have difficulty with reading comprehension you seem to want to fashion this to what you believe and not reality.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    August West and SCBIGTIME like this.
  2. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Jul 25, 2020
    "I did not cause a woman to have multiple kids from several different fathers and then not parent them and get paid for doing this."

If your stereotypical statement of the black family isn't racist what is it?

The author Michael Harrington wrote The Other America, where he argued that upwards of 50 million people—over a quarter of the population—lived in a “system designed to be impervious to hope.” That system is designed to preserve white supremacy and privilege.

3. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Jul 25, 2020
    So this is your interpretation of racist? LMFAO. I guess it is easier to make excuses than to take responsibility for your actions. Nice excuse. It seems to work for you.
    Again you totally ignored my full statement and have made your own interpretation. Again I love how you step aside personal responsibility and instead play the race card. Apparently this is a concept you cannot grasp.

4. August West

August West Points Member

Jul 26, 2020
    When 75% of black children are born into single family homes, it’s not a stereotype.
    It’s sad how you(and the Left in general) call people racists for pointing out facts....as if they are responsible for others actions.

Black democrat politicians are to blame for why the inner cities are still falling behind the rest of society.

Ricky Bell 42, DJ4SC and TroyBill like this.
  5. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    August: If you were walking down the street and saw a pregnant Black woman, would you automatically assume that the baby will be raised in a single parent home? Now, if you saw a pregnant Black woman and pregnant White woman walking together would you assume that the babies for both will be raised in single parent homes?

According to the Urban Institute, if the single Black woman is living above the "low income" level, there is a 78% probability that she is living in a two parent home. In the case of the Black and White pregnant women, there is a 78% probability that both children will be raised in a two parent home, provided that their family incomes are higher than the "low income" threshold.

59% of White Children grow up in a low income single parent household versus 82% of Black Children growing up in a low income single parent household. Now, we start dancing on a pin to explain why the disparity. The answer has nothing to do with race, culture, mores, or values. It is an economic problem stemming from the fact that more than 50% of Black families are considered "Poor" versus 19% of White families. The economic difference explains 95% of the variance in family structure.

You are stereotyping.

aimeedee likes this.
  6. reTiredEngr

reTiredEngr Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    The freeway was included in the state highway plans in 1947. After that, it usually takes years to go through the political maze before any approval is given to start a new freeway project. Then you do your studies and decide on an alignment and then do more studies. All this is needed before you even start on any right-of-way acquisition and design work; all this require years even without political interference.

You keep using the delay of the 105 Freeway as an example of racism. The project was delayed because of environmental concerns, funding (the 1971 Sylmar earthquake did not help), opposition and concerns from the predominantly black communities along the route and by the insistence that the freeway be constructed below grade (think earth removal and drainage issues). Ironically, the resistance from the communities were because of the perceived negative impacts of other projects on black and poorer communities.

Planning, designing and building a freeway is more complicated than plugging numbers into your computer for your modelling.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  7. August West

Jul 26, 2020
    You sure like pontificating about what someone else thinks then play it off as truth. It’s hilarious actually.

It’s not a stereotype when it’s true, as much as that scars your fragile psyche, it’s a fact.

It’s not my fault blacks commit more violent crime than whites.
    It’s not my fault more black children are born into single families than whites.

I might not have paid enough taxes, but it’s not my fault.

8. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    I wonder if Gary ever tires of being glib?

August West likes this.
  9. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    He never tires of being a smart assed commie liar

10. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    "Smart" probably isn't the right word to have used, there, scotty.

In this thread, komrade GaryB has shown himself to be either a complete dumbass, or a massive trolling asshole. And the thing is, those two concepts aren't mutually exclusive, either.

11. August West

Jul 26, 2020
    Smartest guy in the room.

Just ask him.

12. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    This is the place where eminent domain met social justice....

The 105 is the most expensive highway ever built and likely the last one to traverse the inner city. The project wasn't delayed by environmental issues, it was delayed by lawsuits involving the 25,000 displaced residents.

"In 1979, the California Department of Transportation entered into a consent decree issued by Judge Harry Pregerson of Federal district court in which the state and the Federal Highway Administration agreed to reduce the length and width of the freeway and to finance social programs to mitigate damage. This included building 5,500 units of new housing, at a cost of $360 million, and an apprentice program that has trained 3,400 people in construction jobs. It also required using businesses owned by women and members of minorities, which have received 34 percent of highway contracts and 46 percent of housing contracts."

In all, actual construction accounted for only 54 percent of the $2.2 billion total cost.

When the project began in 1947, it was perceived that the 105 would link Orange County with the LAX. The path through the inner city was considered the least expensive. LOL

13. TheRealAirbns

Jul 26, 2020
    What does that have to do with anything? Change this mindset. Taxes are immoral in a place where income taxation exists. Because they're immoral, no matter what, you'll *always* have paid too much taxes.

The only moral revenue generation occurs through consumption - excise taxes, value added, etc.. With these, we choose to participate in the activity, and can choose not to, as well. Giving us the choice is consistent with promoting freedom. It may not seem like it, but it's all the difference in the world.

DJ4SC likes this.
  14. TheRealAirbns

Jul 26, 2020
    This is entirely wrong, of course, as is almost always the case when you talk about domestic policy. History shows it to be wrong. This is almost entirely a matter of individual choices (and government intervention/interference), which makes it largely cultural, contrary to your opinion.

15. reTiredEngr

reTiredEngr Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    You are essentially confirming my post about "opposition and concerns from the predominantly black communities along the route"; the judgement was to address this issue.

The OC was already linked to LAX via the 22/405 and 5/91. What other path would you recommend besides the alignment chosen for the 105? Stop trying to make this a racist issue. I know many of the engineers who worked on the project. The project was one of the most expensive because of the need to keep everyone happy.

CrownoftheValley and 901 Club like this.
  16. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Real: let's see, August thinks its genes. You think it is cultural. I think it's economic. Who would have thunk?

aimeedee likes this.
  17. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    You think it’s the white man.

18. August West

Jul 26, 2020
    Fuck off, Commie faggot.

I never once said that, you really need to stop putting words in people’s mouths. I never once blamed it on anything or anyone, I merely stated what was, in fact, going on.

I’m quite sure you don’t do pull tgis shit in person, otherwise you’d have no teeth.

19. Trojan YAF

Trojan YAF Points Member

Jul 26, 2020
    In 1947 the area through which the 105 now runs was more the outer suburbs than the inner city, and some of the area was still farmland. Even today, I wouldn't call it the "inner city," a description more appropriate for Downtown, the Wilshire corridor and even our home, University Park.

20. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Just to be clear, if Compton had the same demographics as Beverly Hills, you are arguing that the City Planners would still have chosen the same route for 105?